Thread: Shaving Lenny challenges?

Shaving Lenny challenges?

Shaving Lenny challenges?

Is anyone else finding some challenges aren't unlocking on Shaving Lenny? I'm on Xbox 360.

For example, I got the mechanic disguise and then dropped a car on one of the gang members and I got nothing. Also I electrified one of them as they tried to open the door, and again nothing.

Are these known problems, or have I just been unlucky somehow? I've seen some other challenges in the game generally be a bit inconsistent.

Some challenges don't say it but require you to do them without getting spotted first.

Originally Posted by robvalue
    Is anyone else finding some challenges aren't unlocking on Shaving Lenny? I'm on Xbox 360.

For example, I got the mechanic disguise and then dropped a car on one of the gang members and I got nothing. Also I electrified one of them as they tried to open the door, and again nothing.

Are these known problems, or have I just been unlucky somehow? I've seen some other challenges in the game generally be a bit inconsistent.
    The electrify challenges are very difficult to get and are very buggy. I still cannot do the electrify one in Chinese New Year.

My only suggestion is to keep retrying this challenge as I had to do it multiple times. Try to put the electric on as the target is walking towards it so it sets off just as he gets to the door. He normally gets stuck in the door which is really amusing to watch!

Good luck and remember - be patient. It WILL unlock eventually.

OK thanks guys, I will try again!

OK thanks guys, I will try again!
    Good luck! Also did you happen to complete the challenge on Chinese New Year to electrify one of the targets when he is urinating? I must have tried that challenge over 20 times using different disguises, being spotted, not spotted, putting the electric on early or late etc etc.

Nothing works for me.

On the Shaving Lenny, I believe it took me around 6 or 7 attempts for the challenge to unlock. I hope you have better luck than I have had!

Thanks very much for that hint Nukefreezer about not being spotted first, this has helped me do several challenges that I couldn't understand why I wasn't getting them. It would have been good if the game mentioned this, or crossed out the ones you can't get anymore when you look at the challenge screen because you've been spotted. I got my missing challenges first time when I made sure I was not spotted first. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, for example I would run up and punch a poor mechanic earlier on to get his disguise as it was quicker than waiting for the chance to take him down secretly. But no one else was around to hear this or see me take the disguise, so even though he "spotted" me it didn't do him much good. Of course it's fair enough that I don't get SA rating if I behave like this, but why should it stop me later performing an unrelated "accident" kill? Or why does it matter if I got spotted trespassing by mistake earlier? Never mind, now I know that not being spotted is often an unstated stipulation, I pay a lot of attention to doing things by the book.

Thanks Phil! Yes I did this challenge with no problems. Sorry it is causing you so much trouble I'll say how I did it *spoilers below!*

I started the level in the street vendor disguise. I walked to near the stall with the katana (taking a route to avoid being spotted by eagle-eyed vendors). I waited for that jackass to order the vendor on that stall to go for a word with him. I then walked to the right of the stall, and attached the cord at the back of the machine to the trike truck. To get the dialogue going between the goon and the vendor I needed to walk in their direction, to the dumpster near the stairs so that he starts asking the vendor about birdy and eventually shoots him. Now I stand behind the machine,and wait for the goon to walk around. Just before he is about to relieve himself I walk out and pull the lever then move behind the machine to hide. I did all this without being spotted.

Hope that's of some help! It worked first time for me (as soon as I learnt how not to screw up and get spotted) so I can't test how easy it is to unlock again.

Thanks Phil! Yes I did this challenge with no problems. Sorry it is causing you so much trouble I'll say how I did it *spoilers below!*

I started the level in the street vendor disguise. I walked to near the stall with the katana (taking a route to avoid being spotted by eagle-eyed vendors). I waited for that jackass to order the vendor on that stall to go for a word with him. I then walked to the right of the stall, and attached the cord at the back of the machine to the trike truck. To get the dialogue going between the goon and the vendor I needed to walk in their direction, to the dumpster near the stairs so that he starts asking the vendor about birdy and eventually shoots him. Now I stand behind the machine,and wait for the goon to walk around. Just before he is about to relieve himself I walk out and pull the lever then move behind the machine to hide. I did all this without being spotted.

Hope that's of some help! It worked first time for me (as soon as I learnt how not to screw up and get spotted) so I can't test how easy it is to unlock again.
    That is certainly of help to me Rob! I was trying to get the other target that talks ot the cop and is trying to hand over or receive the Birdy File. He also goes to the same area. maybe it is that target you took out that needs to be electrocuted and not the one I tried?

If it is of help, the target I took out to get the electrocute challenge in Shaving Lenny is the one that walks by the oil pool who you can dump all three targets bodies in for a challenge. This target then walks by what looks like a rubbish dump towards the electric gate and towards the mechanic. Does that make sense?

I took the target out on the way back from the mechanics. I tried multiple times to take him out on the way to the garage with no luck at all.

When the patch comes out that stops the corrupted save, I will go back to Absolution and try out method out! Yes I got the corrupted save once I got to a level called Death Factory. Over 25 hours of gameplay, all challenges completed apart from Suit Only on all levels apart from the electify one on Chinese New Year of course all gone

Thanks Phil : ) I got the electrocution to work on Shaving Lenny now after making sure I wasn't spotted first.

Yeah, I have always electrocuted the guy who shoots the vendor, never the one who gets the file (I deal with him another way). I hope you get your data back, that is really terrible.

From the number of posts about this, it seems like it only unlocks when you electrocute the "correct" goon, that being the one who argues with and shoots the vendor. Why it doesn't count if you do it to the "file" goon I don't know... seems like a bug. I've never even tried that, but I'm assuming he relieves himself too? If so why make him do that if it won't count towards your challenge?

I would suspect you need to not be spotted at all before you do the accident, as that seems to ruin a lot of accidents from counting.

From the number of posts about this, it seems like it only unlocks when you electrocute the "correct" goon, that being the one who argues with and shoots the vendor. Why it doesn't count if you do it to the "file" goon I don't know... seems like a bug. I've never even tried that, but I'm assuming he relieves himself too? If so why make him do that if it won't count towards your challenge?

I would suspect you need to not be spotted at all before you do the accident, as that seems to ruin a lot of accidents from counting.
    He does indeed relieve himself Rob! Hey if you gotta go, you gotta go

The weird thing is, I have been looking through the youtube videos and came across a video actually showing someone taking out the target who talks to the cop but he went a completely different route to the electric than in my game.

Am hoping the 360 patch is released soon as I want to go back to Absolution again. Just bought Assassin's Creed III so might start that now.