Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider week at IGN - it's TOMBALICIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by LARALOVERnr.1 View Post
    Excellent teaser, doesn't spoil much, gives you a very good impression of what to expect =)

And GIANT EPIC TEMPLE STATUES FTW! That's what I always loved about Tomb raider, the beautifull temples and environments =) TR:Underworld's Thailand was INSANE
    Oh yeahhhh. It may have been brief, but it was heavennnnnnnn. Like slipping into a warm comfy bath. This is what Tomb Raider is all about, and March 5th CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    Oh yeahhhh. It may have been brief, but it was heavennnnnnnn. Like slipping into a warm comfy bath. This is what Tomb Raider is all about, and March 5th CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH
    x10 zillion
    ᴙє₳Ŀi₮ɣ is for people who can't handle ΩӍß Ɍ∆¡Ðєʁ.

TOMB RAIDED

PSN ID: Weeze_Raider

I am not worthy

... for Tomb of the Unworthy

Stop complaing Crystal Dynamics is trying their best

To the people who are complaining that TR is like Skyrim please stop. TR was probably going to go this way no matter what. This is the prefect way to go. This game is finally starting to look like the real old classic TR game. The only thing they can do better is to make more elaborate tombs.

Anyways I think Skyrim got their main idea off of the old classic TR games by Core Design. I love the look of this new TR game and I have to give it up to Crystal Dynamics this time, good job guys, but I will still have to wait and see if the game is a good as it appears to be.

I just hope that the Tombs in this new TR game take me at least 5 minutes or more to solve the puzzle. I also hope to see traps in this game too. I love what this game looks like so far, but I have to wait and see if the game is really this good as it looks right now. Still wish there was a little more color in this game. I am happy Crystal Dynamics rebooted TR. I hope to see her dual pistols come back and her back pack too, also a mansion or house that is Lara Croft.

Good Job Crystal Dynamics so far I like what I see. Hope it will be this good when game comes out on March 5 can't wait, but no need to rush the game.

I think you should also use this same hub system on the next TR game. I think it is going to work out just find as long as the game dose not take me a day or two to beat at a 100 percent completion with all items and treasures to find. I am hoping that it takes me about a week to a month to beat at a 100 percent in the future TR games. I am hoping this one will at least take me a week to beat at a 100 percent with all the exploration and things to find and do.

Please consider giving Lara Croft longer hair that at least goes all the way down her back, at least in the future TR games.

I don't think anyone was complaining, as far as I see we want them to be inspired by Skyrim, at least in certain areas.

In fact one of those areas I'll mention now.

Keep in mind I haven't played the entire game, but I would like the game world to feel like it's one, even with hubs I'd like to feel like I'm journeying across a vast land, and not just pockets.

I'm pretty sure we were all happy that Tomb Raider was borrowing Skyrim elements. o.O

Quote Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
    Haven't seen the tomb yet, but from what I can hear, the tomb notification sound is SOOO SKryim, it just sounds like that sound when you're near the nineroot or whatever!

edit: NO.

I CAN'T.

CEEDEE

How can you show me this, and then not make the game open world and full of these tombs!?!? D:

THIS GAME IS LIKE. 99.90009 500 % perfect.

AH
    Transform Sam into Natla and the game is 100% perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb View Post
    I thought of Skyrim too.
    It looks so much like the Tombs from Assassin's Creed II to me.

I really love the map system, so much like the ones from Arkham Asylum.

Yeah it reminds me of ACII tombs too! Which is a huge plus because they're awesome. I hope there are bigger side tombs later in the game. I'm sure there will be though. This is probably one of first ones.

I love the tombstone icon.

Yeah it reminds me of ACII tombs too! Which is a huge plus because they're awesome. I hope there are bigger side tombs later in the game. I'm sure there will be though. This is probably one of first ones.

I love the tombstone icon.
    was thinking the same when i watched the video. always good if you can explore your surroundings and get rewarded for it. this also reminded me of AC2 tombs which were fun and rewarding.
    but yes, i also think there will be some tough once.
    signature image

Do you guys like the thread title addition

Full credits (and royalties ) go to AdobeArtist, of course.

(We should do something more with this most excellent word. Bring on the memes!)

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

@the tomb video
    Pros: Everything
    Cons: New Music when escaping the scavenger den is flat and boring.

One of the things I really like is how Lara jumps from one side of a wall to the other, it seems it won't be like in most games where your character jumps and hold by himself, no you need to jump and then put the axe in to hold on, kinda cool, more control is always cool.

It seems there are alot to collect, like ALOT, I hope there isn't much trophies connected to those, cause searching for 103 documents or something gets tedious after a while, especially if you can't find the last couple of documents or something.

& I like the extra title "it's TOMBALICIOUS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Icetea View Post
    To the people who are complaining
    There is nobody more optimistic about this game than me, but I think people always have the right to complain if they are going to spend money on a product. Crystal Dynamics is not doing us favours here; it is a mutual exchange of money and a product. Of course if people hate the upcoming game so much that they won't buy it, then you're right: they should shut up and get out of here...

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post

(We should do something more with this most excellent word. Bring on the memes!)
    What a surprise that greets me first thing this day
    signature image

ERM! Pretty sure those images should be in spoiler tags Shaikh!!

Also, why are people watching this walkthrough, when you get to the tomb when playing the game, there won't be any challenge, you'll know what to do already!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    ERM! Pretty sure those images should be in spoiler tags Shaikh!!

Also, why are people watching this walkthrough, when you get to the tomb when playing the game, there won't be any challenge, you'll know what to do already!
    They actually didn't show what to do inside the challenge tomb!
    signature image

Love it. haha

And in TR2 instead of saying "Tomb Raided!" it'll say "TOMBALICIOUS!"

I really like what is shown so far. I got nothing to complain. Can't wait!

Love it. haha

And in TR2 instead of saying "Tomb Raided!" it'll say "TOMBALICIOUS!"
    Hell we could make a whole set of call tags based on how Lara completes the given tomb

TOMBASTIC!!
    TOMBAPALOOZA!!
    TOMBACIOUS!!
    TOMB!CTHIN!!
    TOMBOCALYPSE!!
    TOMBOHOLIC!!
    TOMBRAGEOUS!!
    TOMBATHALON!!
    TOMBEAUTIFUL!!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Klona View Post
    @the tomb video
    Pros: Everything
    Cons: New Music when escaping the scavenger den is flat and boring.
    Isn't this her second visit in that den? She has the bow on her back!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Isn't this her second visit in that den? She has the bow on her back!
    I don't think you can return in this den... they maybe replayed the level

Tombalicious - it sounds totally... uhm... well, tombalicious!

I laughed almost as hard as when I saw "TOMB RAIDED! " Love that too....
    ᴙє₳Ŀi₮ɣ is for people who can't handle ΩӍß Ɍ∆¡Ðєʁ.

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    Hell we could make a whole set of call tags based on how Lara completes the given tomb

TOMBASTIC!!
    TOMBAPALOOZA!!
    TOMBACIOUS!!
    TOMB!CTHIN!!
    TOMBOCALYPSE!!
    TOMBOHOLIC!!
    TOMBRAGEOUS!!
    TOMBATHALON!!
    TOMBEAUTIFUL!!
    Amazing.

I don't want to sound to sound negative, but I hope that some tombs Lara stumbles upon later on in the game will be larger, more complex and grander in scope.

What has been shown is hardly a tomb we've come to expect, it's a tiny cave.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast