Page 6 of 17 First First ... 234567891016 ... Last

Thread: Console Patch 1.02 (live for EU/US with patch notes)

Console Patch 1.02 (live for EU/US with patch notes)

  1. #126
    Originally Posted by Sean Rubin
    5 seconds is a whole lot longer than I have ever gotten on the PC version. On the PC, I get harassed within 1 single split second of same dressed npc's seeing me.
    Really? On Hard mode, I never really experienced anything that harsh. Unless I walked around the corner and they were right there.

    The example I put up was quite a distance away from the guard also.

    I'm playing on PlayStation 3.

  2. #127
    Originally Posted by benjimino
    Really? On Hard mode, I never really experienced anything that harsh. Unless I walked around the corner and they were right there.

    The example I put up was quite a distance away from the guard also.

    I'm playing on PlayStation 3.
    Yep. This is one of the reasons why I am so frustrated and unhappy with, Absolution.

    Plus they can see me through walls. And they can see me when I have my back turned to them as well.
    Doorman: Absolution. Tom Francis from, PC Gamer was 100 percent right all along: http://tinyurl.com/cqpv4wb Steam ID: Sean Rubin

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    135
    Originally Posted by Driber
    I found your reply to him disrespectful, I didn't say anything about calling names, etc. That would be insulting.



    I'm doing most of the publicly visible moderating on this forum, so obviously you'll see my name pop up by disgruntled members more than other staff members. It's a common practice to pick on the mods who are most visible.


    Nope, not my job. You claimed that "a lot" of people experience the problem, so I asked if you can back that up with actual data, so that we know if it's fact, interpretation, or exaggeration. If you can't, or you don't want to, that's fine. But keep in mind that just telling people to "go google it" is likely not going to move any stones.

    Just trying to help you with your problem here, btw. Feel free to disregard my advice and continue to go about it your way if you think that's best.
    LMAO! First of all, "I found" is not grounds for you to interpret what I say, unless I clearly offend the guy and disrespect him then by all means, do your job at "moderating".

    2nd, No one is picking on you, your way of talking to people is the issue here.

    3rd, when you said you need proof that the SA bug is in fact affecting a lot of people or not...that amazes me, this forum that you are "moderating" has more than one post about the issue with a lot of replies confirming it...wow...is that not fact enough for you? Or maybe they are lying and just wanna waste your time maybe?

    Last thing...you are not trying to help me, your whole reply was to assume things about me...the only one who wanted to help was nick by asking me about the SKU.

  4. #129
    Originally Posted by Driber



    You replied to a post with abusive language and hence it got caught in the clean-up. Sorry about that. Feel free to re-post it
    Oooh - ok, my bad

    Well, to anybody at I/O, does the pending patch (for 360) only fix corrupted saves that are related to console freezes or just corrupted saves in general?

    Please reply and thanks! Other than this bug it's an amazing game!

  5. #130
    @h4x3r101

    first of all, your name says it all... i cant even read that its just a bunch of letters and numbers.

    2) arguing on forums is like arguing with your parents, YOU CAN'T WIN!

  6. #131

    New Patch

    Just did another run with the patch and there is definitely a signifcant change. It's great.

    I just went through the Rosewood level on Expert, actually using disguises! Unbelievable.

    I was able to go through undetected, walking passed guards ( so long as I broke line of sight in time and kept on the move). You'll still have to deal with the maximum number of guards, and it's still harder than normal.

    For the folks who want the Expert challenge back, just do as I did. Play through using only your suit, and everything that hurt before, still hurts now. I love this patch.

    Thanks, IO!

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2
    @h4x3r101

    The mod IS trying to help you, maybe instead of complaining you should write a detailed post on getting that bug: system, level, difficulty, challenges/achievements unlocked, disguise used, weapon or items, graphical options enabled/disabled...I haven't come across this bug so I can't help anyone but you can.

    On an unrelated note does anyone know an ETA for the european 360 patch?

  8. #133
    To Benjimino: You're right, sorry I made that mistake, actually the patch is 9935 KB wich makes 10 MB.
    But I still have problems

  9. #134
    Just signed up to add my experience with the game so far.

    I was around eight hours in when my game crashed and I lost my save data. Naturally, this annoyed and frustrated me and I decided not to play it again until something was done about the problem.

    I downloaded the patch today (I am in the EU). The game now crashes in the starting cut scene. A long pause (maybe a minute and a half) followed by the scene resuming, same thing again, then my PS3 beeping and resetting. During the initial pause I can still access the cross menu by hitting the PS button on the controller.

    I have tried this three times with the same result. The game is now completely unplayable due to whatever the patch has done.

    Needless to say I am not amused.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Originally Posted by h4x3r101
    LMAO! First of all, "I found" is not grounds for you to interpret what I say, unless I clearly offend the guy and disrespect him then by all means, do your job at "moderating".

    2nd, No one is picking on you, your way of talking to people is the issue here.

    3rd, when you said you need proof that the SA bug is in fact affecting a lot of people or not...that amazes me, this forum that you are "moderating" has more than one post about the issue with a lot of replies confirming it...wow...is that not fact enough for you? Or maybe they are lying and just wanna waste your time maybe?

    Last thing...you are not trying to help me, your whole reply was to assume things about me...the only one who wanted to help was nick by asking me about the SKU.
    I'm not going to continue this conversation, we obviously are not going to agree on this, and now you are even getting downright rude. Bottom line: you have been given a friendly warning about your tone towards other forum members. You can take heed or ignore it - your call.

    If you have further comments regarding moderator actions, you may direct them to a staff member via PM. If not, I trust this will be the end of it.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    135
    Originally Posted by fresh fish 101
    @h4x3r101

    first of all, your name says it all... i cant even read that its just a bunch of letters and numbers.
    OMG LMAO

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    135
    Originally Posted by Driber
    I'm not going to continue this conversation, we obviously are not going to agree on this, and now you are even getting downright rude. Bottom line: you have been given a friendly warning about your tone towards other forum members. You can take heed or ignore it - your call.

    If you have further comments regarding moderator actions, you may direct them to a staff member via PM. If not, I trust this will be the end of it.
    sure...

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    135
    Originally Posted by shiru
    @h4x3r101

    The mod IS trying to help you, maybe instead of complaining you should write a detailed post on getting that bug: system, level, difficulty, challenges/achievements unlocked, disguise used, weapon or items, graphical options enabled/disabled...I haven't come across this bug so I can't help anyone but you can.

    On an unrelated note does anyone know an ETA for the european 360 patch?
    you do not know the whole story...I did give detailed info on the issue so did other members, so plz dont jump in the middle of this and pretend you know what is going on...oh oooh..I hope I was not disrespectful...was I Driber?

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    135
    Originally Posted by fresh fish 101
    @h4x3r101

    first of all, your name says it all... i cant even read that its just a bunch of letters and numbers.
    hey Driber...this guy is being disrespectful to me..I dont see you giving him a warning...

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    I see that the warning fell on deaf ears. I will not tolerate this disruptive behavior any further. I'm giving you a 2 day vacation to cool off, h4x3r101.

    Back on topic now, everyone.

  16. #141
    Fair play Driber. I found your responses and the subsequent replies quite amusing (to a point). Can I just point out that Hitman is an 18 rated game. Shame people can't act like it ...

  17. #142
    @Driber
    @Travis
    @Members


    Thanks for the patch. I just finished the story mode before the patch, so my playthrough wasn't affected by your patch notes so far. But I guess I'll give it a second try on Purist the next days, so I will look out for details or possible notes on that.

    Both from EU/Germany - PS3 Slim Edition and Hitman Absolution: Professional Edition, just for information. Did not had too much trouble running the game, except two freezes (when starting game from the last checkpoint and the following loading screen). But I guess I "helped" it freezing by being too fast when pushing "Start" -> "Start from last checkpoint" numerous times.

    Some in-game glitches happened, too. But nothing "special". Like in the Orphanage, where the guy sitting on a chair gets punched by an enemy at the beginning. I took the enemies out. Later, when I would come back, the guy sitting on a chair was still getting punched - but now by the air. Then, being stuck between some tables, as 47 sometimes finds some ways where the designers didn't want him to be able to go to. Then, one time it happened that I was too fast for a script to begin, when you hunt Dexter and start on the top of the roof to get to the helicopter. The 4-minute-countdown-speech from Dexter started at the second platform, but then at 02:30 minutes.

    But that's all I have so far. If you don't mind, I'll post more things when I find them. :-)

  18. #143
    Ive cleaned my PS3 lens and I actually return my copy and got another copy and guess what?

    The problems are still there

    The problem by elimination is the game

  19. #144
    Sorry if this has been asked and answered already (just skimmed through the thread and didn't see an answer), but is there an ETA on the Xbox patch?

  20. #145
    Originally Posted by Sharkey1337
    Sorry if this has been asked and answered already (just skimmed through the thread and didn't see an answer), but is there an ETA on the Xbox patch?
    its waiting for Xbox certification is the last i heard.

  21. #146

    Where is patch?

    I have a ps3 and I assumed that the game would start up and opt me to download the patch. How do I download it?

  22. #147
    Originally Posted by Zimmermann0512
    I have a ps3 and I assumed that the game would start up and opt me to download the patch. How do I download it?
    I found out.. I'm in the US and it's not been authorized yet.

  23. #148
    Originally Posted by Dazzeling
    The problem by elimination is the game
    There was never any doubt in my mind.
    Doorman: Absolution. Tom Francis from, PC Gamer was 100 percent right all along: http://tinyurl.com/cqpv4wb Steam ID: Sean Rubin

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    596
    Originally Posted by Sharkey1337
    Sorry if this has been asked and answered already (just skimmed through the thread and didn't see an answer), but is there an ETA on the Xbox patch?
    It's with Microsoft. As of last night, I had no new information. I hope to get an update today. It should arrive this week but MS have longer lead times on their submissions than Sony.

    Originally Posted by The Professional
    Oooh - ok, my bad

    Well, to anybody at I/O, does the pending patch (for 360) only fix corrupted saves that are related to console freezes or just corrupted saves in general?

    Please reply and thanks! Other than this bug it's an amazing game!
    The actual corruption of the saves is something the team cannot fix, I'm afraid. If you've been unfortunate enough to lose a save, it's sadly gone. We cannot fix that. However, I am told the patch fixes all known crashes and at least one instance where we know for a fact corruption would always happen. As the crash bugs get fixed, the risk of experiencing crashes is lowered and thus save game corruption is also less likely.

    I would love to be able to say the team fixed everything everyone wanted but that's not the case. And potentially crashes will still happen. Hopefully, they will be much fewer and will not lead to corrupted saves, though.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    596
    Originally Posted by h4x3r101
    [PS3] Mine is the CECH-30xxA 160GB, English version Canada, Montreal, the SKU release date was 7/2011.

    I hope that helps.
    Which version of the game do you have? US english? UK?

Page 6 of 17 First First ... 234567891016 ... Last