Thread: Console Patch 1.02 (live for EU/US with patch notes)

Console Patch 1.02 (live for EU/US with patch notes)

Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity
    Because really, tweaking the two tiny disguise parameters of distance and time, and testing them a little is a single day's worth of work.
    Tweaking is a very fast process. The assurance that the game is still playable is a very long process. Especially on consoles where the platform holders make patch certification and take patch certification fee.

Originally Posted by KenTWOu
    Tweaking is a very fast process. The assurance that the game is still playable is a very long process. Especially on consoles where the platform holders make patch certification and take patch certification fee.
    Clarifying here that tweaking is very fast (minutes) Quality assurance, playtesting is "very long" (Several hours with tweaks that are this size). The platform bureaucracy is what takes the longest because hardware manufacturers need to make money. (Out of things they don't produce and invested zero effort and resources in)

Originally Posted by benjimino
    While that may be the case, I'm happy we're getting a patch at all. A patch like you'd describe would cause a much bigger butterfly effect across the foundations of the game. moreso than a simple tweak to the parameters in distance and detection time.

Your idea is perhaps one that would be looked at when making a new Hitman game, but for a simple patch, I think what they've done is going to work out okay.
    Unless the game engine has all the AI features hard-coded from the bottom up, these fixes are not impossible to implement. What effect are you talking about? Fixing fog, masks and NPC group familiarities, would only change unreasonably difficult levels to reasonably difficult, and make AI behavior make more sense. Enemies couldn't recognize you through 20m of fog or cornfield, a distance where you can't see them at all. Rosewood, Saints, and other missions with very restricted close quarters and next-to-useless disguises, would become much more open-ended, allowing players to take more varied approaches as opposed to the almost impossible single semi-plausible route. And fixing the NPC familiarity would make NPCs actually have lists of known people instead of defining their occupation by their clothes, and a person in overalls in a crowded market would no longer become suspicious about another person in overalls, because in a city almost everyone is supposed to be a stranger to one another.

when a new patch for the pc version out ?

err...might be keep the old purist/expert, cause i think it will make the game easy ??

I'd also like to know if there's any new on the PC patch...
    signature image

Originally Posted by Nick@IO
    The SA bug we've not been able to consistently reproduce and as such it's not possible to verify as fixed at this time.
    If people report the issue then it exists...if you can't find the issue that means that it's affecting some discs or some regions and the copy you tested doesnt have the issue, the fact that you can't figure what the problem is, it's kinda unprofessional, i'm sorry...

At least test copies from different regions and see if you can find the problem.

Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity
    Quality assurance, playtesting is "very long" (Several hours with tweaks that are this size).
    I think, you don't know its size. You don't know the game structure. You don't know AI settings. You don't know Glacier 2 engine. You don't know anything about the game. For example (worst case scenario, of course) if it has individual settings for every level/mission/checkpoint and/or every NPC/disguise and/or every level with crowd/field, balancing these settings wouldn't be several hours, it would be several days. And then they should repackage all things and test it on every affected difficulty level and in every mission.

To make short, will the pc version patch be out this week or not.I dont want to use the mod you do not support, but what can we do else if we are bored and cannot wait anymore, two weeks after the announcment?

Originally Posted by KenTWOu
    I think, you don't know its size. You don't know the game structure. You don't know AI settings. You don't know Glacier 2 engine. You don't know anything about the game. For example (worst case scenario, of course) if it has individual settings for every level/mission/checkpoint and/or every disguise and/or every level with crowd/field, balancing these settings wouldn't be several hours, it would be several days. And then they should repackage all things and test it on every affected difficulty level and in every mission.
    Yeah, I don't know for certain how the AI is programmed. But I can made very educated guesses by observing its behavior and concluding that the behavior revolves around a very simple set of rules that produce reproducible scenarios. Science, anyone?

If it's true that the system is as complex as you propose there, then it would be an insane amount of work wasted to produce a complex system, but leaving the final settings in a state that exactly mimics a total absence of it all.

Hackers already made a trainer that adjusts the detection range. Because it was easy. It is a single factor that encompasses all of the AI behavior, with the exception of fog and cornfield, where the factor is different, but still set up poorly. I would bet that the AI detection range is a constant, that is only changed when the player is situated in a zone designated as foggy, smoky, or with corn or cannabis. Normally the AI can smell your blood type and entire childhood history from 50m away, but when the player is inside those special zones, they can only do it from 10m away, about 3 times farther than the player can actually see. That's what it looks like from observation. I would also bet that the detection speed is a variable that is multiplied when player has an incorrect outfit and according to the chosen difficulty level, and is also inversely proportionate to the player's distance to the observing NPC. I can't imagine it being anything else, because if it was, the current settings of the system would make it seem like it is exactly like how I described it, and the whole array of different features would be renrered useless.

Originally Posted by h4x3r101
    If people report the issue then it exists...if you can't find the issue that means that it's affecting some discs or some regions and the copy you tested doesnt have the issue, the fact that you can't figure what the problem is, it's kinda unprofessional, i'm sorry...

At least test copies from different regions and see if you can find the problem.
    Actually, it is very common to have issues that are not able to be reproduced in house and does not necessarily reflect issue with discs or regions. It can be user configurations or other programs causing an issue. I just finished up with a game company so I know what it is like. It is not unprofessional. If they cannot reproduce the issue, then it isn't an issue for everyone nor is it an issue with the game itself. If you are running the PC version, you may want to make sure you have the latest patch and see if that solves the issue. (Yes, I am aware the PC patch doesn't mention fixing the issue but see what happens.)

Originally Posted by KrisDeagle
    Actually, it is very common to have issues that are not able to be reproduced in house and does not necessarily reflect issue with discs or regions. It can be user configurations or other programs causing an issue. I just finished up with a game company so I know what it is like. It is not unprofessional. If they cannot reproduce the issue, then it isn't an issue for everyone nor is it an issue with the game itself. If you are running the PC version, you may want to make sure you have the latest patch and see if that solves the issue. (Yes, I am aware the PC patch doesn't mention fixing the issue but see what happens.)
    I have a PS3, and the issue is also on the 360.

It is unprofessional..it's their game, if I make a game and cannot find an issue that is affecting a lot of people then something is not right...go to YouTube or even search google and see how many people are affected. Stop defending them, and you working for a game company or owning one doesnt change the fact that if you make a product then you're responsible for it. If you read my post properly you can see I didn't specifically say it was a disc error or a region issue, it could be one of the two or any other issue for that matter, but that is not the point, the fact that there is an issue plaguing all platforms and they can't find what's wrong then it is unprofessional for them to say "The SA bug we've not been able to consistently reproduce and as such it's not possible to verify as fixed at this time." ... that means they don't know wht the issue is and it wont be fixed any time soon, you know what? If they really care and do want to find the issue they would ask whoever is having the issue to send them the copy to test it, heck I would send in my copy for them if they asked it's not that hard.

One more thing, even if the game is on PC, having a wrong driver or any other issue on your PC should not affect a function inside the game world it self, I can understand picture quality might be bad or loading issues or any other problems outside the game world, but a PC issue changing in-game content? LOL that is laughable so plz do not blame the player's PC for this bug.

Originally Posted by Die Hard
    No. I'm going to whine, because I wanted them to fix it for all difficulties. The disguise system is TOTALLY bloody broken and annoying. I have the same trouble whether it's normal or purist. Easy is actually too easy because of the unlimited instinct, but they don't fix that do they? I have been waiting for this patch patiently and this is the best they can come up with? The whole lot of them are incompetent obviously. Did they even listen to any of the complaints?
    My thoughts exactly.
    Doorman: Absolution. Tom Francis from, PC Gamer was 100 percent right all along: http://tinyurl.com/cqpv4wb Steam ID: Sean Rubin

Tried the train station part in run for your life so many times tried the different train carts tried crouching and using instinct still kept getting spotted anyone know when this is in? like a confirmed date as it is the 11th atm

UPDATE

European players (excluding Russia, Poland and Turkey) will be able to download the PS3 patch now. We're still awaiting confirmation on the US version of the PS3 patch.

No additional news on the Xbox360 title updates. We'll keep you informed as soon as we know when the patch passes through submission.

UPDATE

European players (excluding Russia, Poland and Turkey) will be able to download the PS3 patch now. We're still awaiting confirmation on the US version of the PS3 patch.

No additional news on the Xbox360 title updates. We'll keep you informed as soon as we know when the patch passes through submission.
    Are you also working on the PC patch?
    signature image

@h4x3r101: I would appreciate it if you show a bit more respect towards your fellow forum members' opinions.

You find Nick's statement unprofessional, KrisDeagle does not. Leave it at that please and do not ridicule others for having a different opinion than you.

---

About the statement itself: I also do not find it unprofessional. On the contrary, I find it positive that the devs are keeping the community informed.

Remember, it is the community that is constantly asking - and sometimes even demanding - that the devs tell them which bug fixes they are working on, because they want to feel reassured that their issues are being looked into and not just waived off. So that is exactly what Nick just did.

It is unprofessional..it's their game, if I make a game and cannot find an issue that is affecting a lot of people then something is not right
    Do you have statistics to back up this claim?

I updated today the game now plays worst then ever!
    *very laggy when pressing select to flick through menu options
    *laggy during speech of the game words and whole sentences get repeated twice
    *freezes when changing clothes
    *freezes or crashes when loading starting and restarting game
    *corrupted saved game file now i have to start again

AND NO THERE ARE NO SCRATCHES ON MY DISK ITS SPOTLESS
    i think i may have to return this as it totally unplayable going back to call of duty

It is unprofessional..it's their game, if I make a game and cannot find an issue that is affecting a lot of people then something is not right...go to YouTube or even search google and see how many people are affected. Stop defending them, and you working for a game company or owning one doesnt change the fact that if you make a product then you're responsible for it. If you read my post properly you can see I didn't specifically say it was a disc error or a region issue, it could be one of the two or any other issue for that matter, but that is not the point, the fact that there is an issue plaguing all platforms and they can't find what's wrong then it is unprofessional for them to say "The SA bug we've not been able to consistently reproduce and as such it's not possible to verify as fixed at this time." ... that means they don't know wht the issue is and it wont be fixed any time soon, you know what? If they really care and do want to find the issue they would ask whoever is having the issue to send them the copy to test it, heck I would send in my copy for them if they asked it's not that hard.

One more thing, even if the game is on PC, having a wrong driver or any other issue on your PC should not affect a function inside the game world it self, I can understand picture quality might be bad or loading issues or any other problems outside the game world, but a PC issue changing in-game content? LOL that is laughable so plz do not blame the player's PC for this bug.
    Sadly, identifying bugs and reasons behind them isn't as universally easy as you seem to believe. We are working hard on identifying and fixing a range of items but if we get only a (relative) few reports on certain issues, they go down the priority list. That may not be ideal but that is how it works.

We don't need your disc as it's not a disc-related error. If it was, you'd not be able to play the game. It can be related to challenges achieved, a lone NPC hanging out somewhere looking through the level or anything inbetween. It would be helpful you could tell us what SKU you're currently experiencing the problem on - Xbox360, language version?

Originally Posted by KleanZlate
    Are you also working on the PC patch?
    Yes, there's one patch on Steam already and a second one is being worked on now.

Originally Posted by Dazzeling
    I updated today the game now plays worst then ever!
    *very laggy when pressing select to flick through menu options
    *laggy during speech of the game words and whole sentences get repeated twice
    *freezes when changing clothes
    *freezes or crashes when loading starting and restarting game
    *corrupted saved game file now i have to start again

AND NO THERE ARE NO SCRATCHES ON MY DISK ITS SPOTLESS
    i think i may have to return this as it totally unplayable going back to call of duty
    Is this the European PS3 patch? Did you have any issues before the patch was downloaded?

Yes the Euro PS3 version, it was bad before but not this bad i cant play it now for all the above reasons

Yes, there's one patch on Steam already and a second one is being worked on now.
    Ok. thanks. I've updated once and I'm assuming the new patch will be released sometime this week...?
    signature image

if its the patch they released yesterday then they need to go back and re-work on the game as the quick fix has made things worst and i've just noticed the graphics have started to look sketchy and not realistic like when i first bought it

Originally Posted by Dazzeling
    if its the patch they released yesterday then they need to go back and re-work on the game as the quick fix has made things worst and i've just noticed the graphics have started to look sketchy and not realistic like when i first bought it
    there was no patch yesterday, it was literally in the last hour..

Graphics `changing` for you?! hmm a small cynic in me sees a bit of a fake/trolling attempt going on here.. Not cool..
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

not fake tbh i got so upset about the freezing and losing my save data i join this forum to voice my opinion, i downloaded the update today played for about 7mins and game crash had to turn off my ps3 via the switch and on the restart all my saved data gone and the game looks weird now

This sounds like your PS3 is having major problems, how long have you had it? under warranty still?
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Page 4 of 17 First First 1234567814 ... Last