Thread: Console Patch 1.02 (live for EU/US with patch notes)

Console Patch 1.02 (live for EU/US with patch notes)

  1. #51
    those 2 issues are problems that i have on the xbox360

  2. #52
    Originally Posted by Za Fuuru
    You should have changed Easy and Normal, not Expert and Purist. Now you will have casual who will whine because Normal is still too hard and hardcore who will whine because Purist is too easy.
    No. I'm going to whine, because I wanted them to fix it for all difficulties. The disguise system is TOTALLY bloody broken and annoying. I have the same trouble whether it's normal or purist. Easy is actually too easy because of the unlimited instinct, but they don't fix that do they? I have been waiting for this patch patiently and this is the best they can come up with? The whole lot of them are incompetent obviously. Did they even listen to any of the complaints? It's funny when I play Far Cry 3 (an adventure shooter) and it has better stealth game play than this game. I think I'm just going to trade this game in because it's obvious it isn't going to get fixed. Look what you just said too. The patch should have allowed us to select the difficulty of disguises to our own preference. There is also no "casual" or "hardcore" there's just play time. You play more and you are bound to get better. I drift in and out for certain games, but Hitman I like to play all difficulties depending on my mood.

  3. #53
    Originally Posted by SlyRebirth
    - Players are no longer ‘spotted’ during the end cutscene of the ‘train station’ checkpoint in Run For Your Life.
    Originally Posted by Souldier Gabe
    I see no mention of the Central Heating Silent Assassin issue or Train Station spotted bug.
    You may have missed it.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    135
    no central heating SA bug fix...

  5. #55
    Which parameters of the disguise system have been modified?
    Enemies recognize us while having a mask??

  6. #56
    Originally Posted by Die Hard
    No. I'm going to whine, because I wanted them to fix it for all difficulties
    That's what I said, you are going to whine and I'm going to whine. So no one is fine with this change.

  7. #57

    No Internet someone help please

    Has the patch been released ? I don't have Internet but my friend said I can use it when the patch is out to download it. Thanks for anyome helping me out with that question

  8. #58
    Originally Posted by Patiencisup
    Has the patch been released ? I don't have Internet but my friend said I can use it when the patch is out to download it. Thanks for anyome helping me out with that question
    then how are you posting to these forums if you have no internet?

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Originally Posted by Patiencisup
    Has the patch been released ? I don't have Internet but my friend said I can use it when the patch is out to download it. Thanks for anyome helping me out with that question
    Not yet. Probably next week.

    Originally Posted by fresh fish 101
    then how are you posting to these forums if you have no internet?
    Not everyone has the luxury of having a broadband internet connection at home, or a connection at all. Especially in rural areas.

    He is probably using his friend's connection to get online, or has limited mobile phone internet access.

  10. #60
    well i see the train station spotting bug is going to be dealt with,but now there is the issue with not getting silent assassin points in central heating.can i PLEASE get an acknowledgement that someones looking into that.

  11. #61
    Originally Posted by fresh fish 101
    then how are you posting to these forums if you have no internet?

    I'm using my phone {removed} fish101. Thanks driber for the info about the patch and answering my question. Not like that {removed}.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    You're welcome, but mind your language, please. Personal insults towards other forum members is against our TOU.

  13. #63
    Originally Posted by Driber
    You're welcome, but mind your language, please. Personal insults towards other forum members is against our TOU.
    Sorry about that one. I would think people had a little common sense . Anyways thanks again drib

  14. #64
    Driber please thank the technical staff for sorting out these problems. This will give me an incentive to go back and complete Absolution as soon as I download the patch.

    Is the Central Heating SA a pc problem? I got it first attempt on 360. Had a bit of trouble with the train not being seen, even if I used Instinct to get on the train, but it worked eventually.

    The one problem I have had is unlocking challenges to electrocute targets on Chinese New Year & Shaving Lenny. A few of us on consoles cannot do these challenges at all. Driber can you say anything else about this? Is it a known glitch or just a bit buggy?

    EDIT - Driber here are a few examples that some of us cannot do the electrocute challenges

    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=131433
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=131361
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=131174

    Thanks again.

  15. #65
    Originally Posted by Patiencisup
    Sorry about that one. I would think people had a little common sense . Anyways thanks again drib
    dude, it was a legitimate question. i honestly didnt know how you were posting to the forums cuz you said you had no internet access. and i didnt think of using a phone. honestly, if you were using a phone to post then why couldnt you use the phone to check every so often to see if the patch is released? {removed} maybe my question came off as a smart-ass one and maybe you got the impression that i hated you but that wasnt the case.

  16. #66
    Perhaps a is needed?

  17. #67
    Make love, not (flame) war.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    @fresh fish 101: same goes for you - watch the language, please.

    @PhilR1: You should direct that post to Nick or Travis

  19. #69
    Maybe the SA in central heating is a bug for some people.All I know is that I'm not spotted,I get the evidence,I kill wade by turning the valve,and no SA points.Ive seen videos of others getting it, and they are not doing anything different then me.its FRUSTRATING.Ive heard of others having the same problem, and not just the 360 which is what I have.

  20. #70
    Originally Posted by fresh fish 101
    dude, it was a legitimate question. i honestly didnt know how you were posting to the forums cuz you said you had no internet access. and i didnt think of using a phone. honestly, if you were using a phone to post then why couldnt you use the phone to check every so often to see if the patch is released? {removed} maybe my question came off as a smart-ass one and maybe you got the impression that i hated you but that wasnt the case.


    No problem fish. Just frustrated with this game. And cuz it cuts into my data loading the forum and reading post to see if its out. Amd you didn't come off as a smart a** just I asked a question about that patch I didn't want to get ridiculed and what you said i felt like I was. But no hard feelings over here on my end. Just want this patch out. Have a good one fish

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    596
    The SA bug we've not been able to consistently reproduce and as such it's not possible to verify as fixed at this time.

    The Train Station spot bug has been identified and fixed. I'll add that to the initial post notes.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    28
    So from now and on we wait the patch to released correct?

    Do you believe today or tomorrow the patch for consoles will arrived or not?

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    596
    We should hopefully know more today. I'll check and keep you posted.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,540
    Originally Posted by SlyRebirth
    - The disguise parameters on ‘Professional’ difficulties have been tweaked.
    I assume this means "Professional" as well as "Purist" (Professional without interface)? And I assume that there's no AI overhaul, just changes in some of the individual parameters like detection distance and detection time? Meaning:

    1. No fix for street vendors recognizing player in store clerk clothes.
    (This is a fundamental problem in the very core of the disguise system. NPCs are categorized into occupations, by the clothes they wear. There are no other categorizing variables.)
    2. No special disguise parameters for disguises with fully concealing face masks.
    (Is is also a core issue, because no special disguise-specific detection parameters seem to exist at all.)
    3. No fix for enemies recognizing player in disguise miles through fog or cornfield through which the player can only see a few meters.
    (Here, special detection parameters for environmental factors actually do exist, they are just mind-bogglingly badly adjusted and obviously untested.)

    Because really, tweaking the two tiny disguise parameters of distance and time, and testing them a little is a single day's worth of work.

  25. #75
    Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity
    I assume this means "Professional" as well as "Purist" (Professional without interface)? And I assume that there's no AI overhaul, just changes in some of the individual parameters like detection distance and detection time? Meaning:

    1. No fix for street vendors recognizing player in store clerk clothes.
    (This is a fundamental problem in the very core of the disguise system. NPCs are categorized into occupations, by the clothes they wear. There are no other categorizing variables.)
    2. No special disguise parameters for disguises with fully concealing face masks.
    (Is is also a core issue, because no special disguise-specific detection parameters seem to exist at all.)
    3. No fix for enemies recognizing player in disguise miles through fog or cornfield through which the player can only see a few meters.
    (Here, special detection parameters for environmental factors actually do exist, they are just mind-bogglingly badly adjusted and obviously untested.)

    Because really, tweaking the two tiny disguise parameters of distance and time, and testing them a little is a single day's worth of work.
    While that may be the case, I'm happy we're getting a patch at all. A patch like you'd describe would cause a much bigger butterfly effect across the foundations of the game. moreso than a simple tweak to the parameters in distance and detection time.

    Your idea is perhaps one that would be looked at when making a new Hitman game, but for a simple patch, I think what they've done is going to work out okay.

    Purist and Expert will still be difficult (I doubt they've changed the system that much, or you can always just not use disguises) and Normal will still be easy.

    I'm glad they are only adjusting Professional difficulties, though. Normal seems fine to me, and after finishing my Expert and Purist playthroughs, Normal's detection feels just right given the difficulty level.

Page 3 of 17 First First 123456713 ... Last