Page 2 of 17 First First 12345612 ... Last

Thread: Console Patch 1.02 (live for EU/US with patch notes)

Console Patch 1.02 (live for EU/US with patch notes)

Originally Posted by Driber
    If you get disc read errors and you can swap the disc in the store for another copy without charge, I personally would use that opportunity asap.

It could also be your laser dying out on you, in which case a swap might not help anyway.
    see i would, but my concern is that either their inventory is still defective, or they will outright refuse me. (and doubt its the laser everything else works fine)

Sounds like you've got nothing to lose by trying

Sounds like you've got nothing to lose by trying
    except time :S

Originally Posted by SlyRebirth
    We’ve been working hard to fix crash issues in Hitman: Absolution, and we’re looking to release a patch for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in the week beginning December 10. We can’t confirm the exact date as we still need to go through internal testing, and then submission to Microsoft and Sony, but if there are no other issues that’s when we’re aiming for.

In terms of what this fixes, we’ve pinpointed a number of things which were causing the random game crashes – which, in turn, were causing saved games to corrupt. We’ve worked through all of the reported crash issues and are happy to say we’ve fixed all of them. We’ll publish a fuller patch list in due course.

Once the patch is released we will of course continue to monitor your feedback so keep in touch and should you experience anything post-patch (crashes, corrupted saves or similar), let us know immediately and we’ll respond and investigate. As we’ve fixed everything we have seen reported, we anticipate this to be very rare (if at all).

Meanwhile, for information on the PC patch, please check this thread.

Sly, out of curiosity, is it something the users are doing to make it crash or is the bug ingame data (I'm wondering so that we can temporalily avoid crashes if possible)

Originally Posted by seargentmayor
    except time :S

(i meant as in wasting time going back and forth to the store)

Anyways, i just got off the phone with EB, they said this is the last time they'll switch my disc out, so if that doesn't work I can't do anything and am stuck with my game. So driber what do you think I should do? (I'm worried this last switch will be defective too, then im screwed)

(i meant as in wasting time going back and forth to the store)

Anyways, i just got off the phone with EB, they said this is the last time they'll switch my disc out, so if that doesn't work I can't do anything and am stuck with my game. So driber what do you think I should do? (I'm worried this last switch will be defective too, then im screwed)
    If your EB is anything like the ones I have been into in the past then they will probably have demo consoles in the store. You probably have sufficient cause to ask them to prove to you that the media is not defective in store (via successful installation on the demo console), or to accept the fact that you expect a full refund if the media still does not work if they refuse to demonstrate.

Will the patch fix already corrupted save files? My game (on xbox 360) crashed and corrupted late into the Sanchez mission and I don't fancy having to do the whole thing over again just because of a bug.

Originally Posted by blaggerty1982
    Will the patch fix already corrupted save files? My game (on xbox 360) crashed and corrupted late into the Sanchez mission and I don't fancy having to do the whole thing over again just because of a bug.
    This was already covered in the OP of the main official thread covering this issue. The answer is no, once game save data is corrupted that is it, you will need to delete the save and start again (or recover using a backup of the game save).

Sly, out of curiosity, is it something the users are doing to make it crash or is the bug ingame data (I'm wondering so that we can temporalily avoid crashes if possible)
    Not 100% sure - will try and get some clarification.

Patch notes please?

We should have full console patch notes tomorrow.

great news. thank you for the update.

thnx

Thanks!

Originally Posted by rlsg
    If your EB is anything like the ones I have been into in the past then they will probably have demo consoles in the store. You probably have sufficient cause to ask them to prove to you that the media is not defective in store (via successful installation on the demo console), or to accept the fact that you expect a full refund if the media still does not work if they refuse to demonstrate.
    I didn't know you already swapped it before, seargentmayor. In that case, I would follow rlsg's suggestion. If your copies refuse to install on your console but it installs fine on the store's demo console, then it would be a clear sign that there is something wrong with your console.

Maybe before going to the store try to uninstall and re-install some other games on your console. If they suddenly also have problems installing when before they didn't, it would also point towards a faulty console.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Today we should have the patch notes..can't wait to see what has been done.

We’ve been working hard to fix crash issues in Hitman: Absolution, and we’re looking to release a patch for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in the week beginning December 10. We can’t confirm the exact date as we still need to go through internal testing, and then submission to Microsoft and Sony, but if there are no other issues that’s when we’re aiming for.

In terms of what this fixes, we’ve pinpointed a number of things which were causing the random game crashes – which, in turn, were causing saved games to corrupt. We’ve worked through all of the reported crash issues and are happy to say we’ve fixed all of them. We’ll publish a fuller patch list in due course.

Once the patch is released we will of course continue to monitor your feedback so keep in touch and should you experience anything post-patch (crashes, corrupted saves or similar), let us know immediately and we’ll respond and investigate. As we’ve fixed everything we have seen reported, we anticipate this to be very rare (if at all).

Thanks for the hard work in trying to sort this out. I have had the game crash and thus corrupting my save but if there will be patch soon, I might go back to the game before Christmas.

In addition to the problems already documented here i'm now getting bugs when trying to complete challenges (no, i'm not playing on easy)

Had to delete my corrupted game save (on hard) and start again (on normal), now the challenges to drop the car on the target and electrocute the target in Streets Of Hope are impossible to complete - i've successfully killed them both 3 times now and no challenge completed! On the other hand, in the courthoouse level, things went wrong and i had to slaughter about 10 guards - at the end of the level it gave me the 'no collateral damage' challenge!

It just seems to be one problem after another with this game, was it tested prior to release at all?

OP now updated with main patch notes.

**UPDATE**

Here are the main patch notes for the console patch that is now in submission with the platform holders. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, and point 1 covers all of the crash incidents we have seen reported.

- Increased game stability that will prevent crashes leading to loss of save data.
    - Contracts Mode is now accessible without downloading or entering an access code.
    - The disguise parameters on ‘Professional’ difficulties have been tweaked.
    - Displayed high scores are now selected from all difficulty levels.
    - Players are no longer ‘spotted’ during the end cutscene of the ‘train station’ checkpoint in Run For Your Life.
    - Using ‘sleeping pills’ in Contracts mode will now be listed as ‘Accident’ rather than ‘bare hands’ as the weapon used.
    - Numerous network and GUI improvements for Contracts Mode.

We may be able to give you slightly more granular detail next week - and as soon as we have a more concrete ETA for patch release we will let you know. Currently it is still on course to be live some time next week (beginning December 10).

Thanks a lot for your patience, and the feedback you've given on these forums - it's helped us to pinpoint and fix things which have been causing issues, and we really appreciate it.

Once this patch is live we will continue collating information on any new issues that arise.

------------
    Original message:

Awesome so far, great job guys, but you missed the central heating SA issue that has been posted more than once.

Well, this is good news, but what about fixes for Contracts Mode and some of the Story Bugs? Detailed here:

Contracts Issues/Bugs with videos
    http://www.hitmanforum.com/index.php...ideo-xbox-360/

and here:

Story Mode Issues/Bugs with videos
    http://www.hitmanforum.com/index.php...hread-wvideos/

I know these are not the official forums, but some of the devs are even in the threads stating people are looking at it. The stuff in Contracts Mode is especially annoying...
    http://vgbastard.blogspot.de/-- a blog for gamers of a certain maturity
    http://lunartiktales.blogspot.de/ -- weirdly cute Webcartoons

SPOILERS BELOW, CAUTION IS ADVISED.

I noticed the disguise parameters have been changed in "Professional" difficulties but why not lower ones as well? Even in 'Easy', the game can sometimes be stupidly hard because of the parameters. One perfect example (another forum user mentioned in the "Petition" thread) is when you are on the level about to go and kill Dexter and the visibility on the level is like one foot so from far away, you can't see anything but the guards can somehow magically see you. I think it should be tweaked in all difficulties to make it realistic (no-one in their right mind can say it's just a system to get used to when they physically can't see you as we can't see them either). Other than that, good work guys.

Note: I am playing on 'Purist' currently but my first two run throughs were on 'Easy' to get used to the controls and get a feel for the levels and then a second time to attempt the levels "Suit Only".

You should have changed Easy and Normal, not Expert and Purist. Now you will have casual who will whine because Normal is still too hard and hardcore who will whine because Purist is too easy.

I see no mention of the Central Heating Silent Assassin issue or Train Station spotted bug.Those to me are some of the most frustrating bugs in the game.the train station is a tough level as it is and people going through the effort in purist mode deserve the points and shouldnt have to play the level so many times to get the points they worked for,as well as central heating.

Page 2 of 17 First First 12345612 ... Last