Thread: Console Patch 1.02 (live for EU/US with patch notes)

Console Patch 1.02 (live for EU/US with patch notes)

Yes i confirm me to that the new latest patch is at europe consoles.

We hope to solve all that kind of problems.

And eidos you must give us somethinf for all that discomfort and trumbles we have with all that kind of stucks and corrupted save files....

Confirm, Xbox 360 Patch Live in Germany, 2MB.

First impressions are... strange. On Hard, Suspicion Rate seemed to change from one level (Cornfield - lenient) to the next (Courthouse - strict). Still not as strict as it used to be.

I also once got "Spotted" (with point reduction), but no yellow enemy following. Was not able to reproduce it, though.
    http://vgbastard.blogspot.de/-- a blog for gamers of a certain maturity
    http://lunartiktales.blogspot.de/ -- weirdly cute Webcartoons

(bold is relevant statements)
    X360 patch in Canada (2MB) and it STILL CRASHES. And the best part? I knew it was going to happen, that the patch wouldn't work.

(Also can someone explain the deleting profile advice the offical website says? )

Edit: I'm done here, I'm going to file a complaint on Square Enix with the BBB, I want my money back, there appears to be no resolution to this problem anytime soon.

EDIT 2: First time I've ever played Hitman: Absolution in a month. Got to King of Chinatown through contracts mode.

Edit 3: I paid $68 for this, I PREORDERED the game and it crashes on first level. What is this?

Edit 4: Tutorial Level in contracts mode crashes.

Originally Posted by seargentmayor
    X360 patch in Canada (2MB) and it STILL CRASHES. And the best part? I knew it was going to happen, that the patch wouldn't work.

(Also can someone explain the deleting profile advice the offical website says? )

Edit: I'm done here, I'm going to file a complaint on Square Enix with the BBB, I want my money back, there appears to be no resolution to this problem anytime soon.

EDIT 2: First time I've ever played Hitman: Absolution in a month. Got to King of Chinatown through contracts mode.

Edit 3: I paid $68 for this, I PREORDERED the game and it crashes on first level. What is this?

Edit 4: Tutorial Level in contracts mode crashes.
    I know how you feel, but it's very doubtful you will get a refund if it's over a certain period (mine is 30 days). Games today are usually shipped out with bugs because they are more complex, and as you know, there are lots of things that can go wrong because of this. QA can only catch so many bugs, and sometimes, because of deadlines, the team may have to leave certain bugs in the product. Don't blame the team, blame pressure and greedy publishers. I know crashing is a big issue though, so I feel your frustration.

If you can boot the game and there is nothing wrong with your disk, then something else is at play. Have you tried clearing the cache, reinstalling the game, (if you have) tried it without the hard drive, new save, tried it on another Xbox ect.? It may be the game, but I have never experienced any crashes at all. When I said I feel your frustration with the game, well I feel it in other ways. *cough broken mechanics not a true Hitman to me cough* Also I'm pretty sure deleting your profile will NOT work. That has nothing to do with the game at all apart from achievements.

Originally Posted by Die Hard
    I know how you feel, but it's very doubtful you will get a refund if it's over a certain period (mine is 30 days). Games today are usually shipped out with bugs because they are more complex, and as you know, there are lots of things that can go wrong because of this. QA can only catch so many bugs, and sometimes, because of deadlines, the team may have to leave certain bugs in the product. Don't blame the team, blame pressure and greedy publishers. I know crashing is a big issue though, so I feel your frustration.

If you can boot the game and there is nothing wrong with your disk, then something else is at play. Have you tried clearing the cache, reinstalling the game, (if you have) tried it without the hard drive, new save, tried it on another Xbox ect.? It may be the game, but I have never experienced any crashes at all. When I said I feel your frustration with the game, well I feel it in other ways. *cough broken mechanics not a true Hitman to me cough* Also I'm pretty sure deleting your profile will NOT work. That has nothing to do with the game at all apart from achievements.
    I would give my right nut to just only be experiencing disguise mechanics.

Also I firmly believe until they fix crashes and save corruption, small matters like AI is too smart to be put on hold. I don't care if people think the game is terrible, but make it work before making it better.

I never had any blame for the team. As publisher this is Square Enix's fault, I'm sure the copy of Absolution submitted by IOI was at least playable. As for games being released with bugs, Fallout 3 died on me multiple times, lost many hours, but I haven't tried Hitman once, whereas glitchy Fallout 3 has around 100 hours clocked in it. I've heard Absolution is the worst entry in the franchise, but I'll judge that myself.

Anyways Clearing the cache doesn't work, game won't install, removing hard drive doesn't do . (Deleting your profile is recommended on the official site, and I've always had the suspicion that the glitch in the first copy of Hitman is what caused the glitch in my second)

If the game won't install then a.) It's the disk b.) It's your machine. If other games work correctly then go and take it back to the store if it's faulty. If you bought it online then take it up with them and they should ship out a new copy for you. You shouldn't have left it this long in the first place. If my game was faulty and I couldn't play it straight away, I know what I would have done. As I said can't you ask someone to test it for you? You may have done some things, but you really need to make sure it's faulty before you take it back. I'm not being funny, but sitting on a forum is going to get you jack nowhere.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Die Hard
    If the game won't install then a.) It's the disk b.) It's your machine. If other games work correctly then go and take it back to the store if it's faulty. If you bought it online then take it up with them and they should ship out a new copy for you. You shouldn't have left it this long in the first place. If my game was faulty and I couldn't play it straight away, I know what I would have done. As I said can't you ask someone to test it for you? You may have done some things, but you really need to make sure it's faulty before you take it back. I'm not being funny, but sitting on a forum is going to get you jack nowhere.

Thanks.
    I left it this long because switching the disks once did not resolve the issue, leading me to believe it is the data. Therefore I was waiting for the patch before a switch in. The 30th day is tomorrow, and once again I will switch the disks. Waiting this long also means the previous batch of disks is gone. Sitting at the the forum at least gets me a few answers from support staff. The disc may be bad, but I doubt its the cause of the crashes.

I left it this long because switching the disks once did not resolve the issue, leading me to believe it is the data. Therefore I was waiting for the patch before a switch in. The 30th day is tomorrow, and once again I will switch the disks. Waiting this long also means the previous batch of disks is gone. Sitting at the the forum at least gets me a few answers from support staff. The disc may be bad, but I doubt its the cause of the crashes.
    To blame US as if somehow we've taken the game from IOI, changed things around, broken it THEN released it is an incredibly ill-informed view of what we actually do.

The game is submitted from the developer as digital data, its tested by us, AND MS/Sony etc, so something as `blatant` as `installing to HD fails/First level crashes` would have been spotted and we wouldn't have been allowed to publish it. Yes the process of pressing discs CAN have a few faulty discs, water damaged or the like, but whats on that disc DATA wise is the same for everyone.

If your deck is struggling to install the disc to HD, suggests 2 things, the disc, yes POSSIBLY, but also your drive/HD could be struggling. I've had a few decks fail totally on me, Red ring etc, BUT have got 1 deck thats been going for years and still going, BUT i know i cannot play some movies on it, it simply falls over streaming the disc for long periods of time, actually to be accurate its the jump from layer 0 to layer 1 (that mini pause u get during movies when the disc switches layer will lock up my 360). i cannot go to every movie publisher that has the problem and say they've supplied a faulty movie to me cos i know it wont be affecting others..

get a good lens cleaner and give your 360 a spring clean
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

jaycw2309, any news on update for Russia and rest of the world?

Originally Posted by Romanstein
    jaycw2309, any news on update for Russia and rest of the world?
    The PS3 patch will unfortunately not be released in Russia, Poland or Turkey due to business reasons. I cannot get into details about that at this point, I'm afraid.

Is xbox 360 patch out yet? And what's the ETA on english language dlc?

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    To blame US as if somehow we've taken the game from IOI, changed things around, broken it THEN released it is an incredibly ill-informed view of what we actually do.

The game is submitted from the developer as digital data, its tested by us, AND MS/Sony etc, so something as `blatant` as `installing to HD fails/First level crashes` would have been spotted and we wouldn't have been allowed to publish it. Yes the process of pressing discs CAN have a few faulty discs, water damaged or the like, but whats on that disc DATA wise is the same for everyone.

If your deck is struggling to install the disc to HD, suggests 2 things, the disc, yes POSSIBLY, but also your drive/HD could be struggling. I've had a few decks fail totally on me, Red ring etc, BUT have got 1 deck thats been going for years and still going, BUT i know i cannot play some movies on it, it simply falls over streaming the disc for long periods of time, actually to be accurate its the jump from layer 0 to layer 1 (that mini pause u get during movies when the disc switches layer will lock up my 360). i cannot go to every movie publisher that has the problem and say they've supplied a faulty movie to me cos i know it wont be affecting others..

get a good lens cleaner and give your 360 a spring clean
    I apologize for any offense cause, but this is the only game that causes this much problem, everything else works fine. the main issue is the crashing, which i doubt is the disc. The disc only gets the read errors when Installing to hardrive. I think the crashes are being caused by leftover savegames, because It crashes in the same spot everytime.

When the PS3 patch will be released for the digital versions of the game?

I apologize for any offense cause, but this is the only game that causes this much problem, everything else works fine. the main issue is the crashing, which i doubt is the disc. The disc only gets the read errors when Installing to hardrive. I think the crashes are being caused by leftover savegames, because It crashes in the same spot everytime.
    Well I reckon that one way to find out if this is true would be to backup your entire console data and then wipe the system.

If it still persist after the wipe, you know it's not a case of "savegame leftovers".

I apologize for any offense cause, but this is the only game that causes this much problem, everything else works fine. the main issue is the crashing, which i doubt is the disc. The disc only gets the read errors when Installing to hard drive. I think the crashes are being caused by leftover save games, because It crashes in the same spot everytime.
    I think I had a similar problem. On the menu where I had to select the storage device (before the main menu/intro vid comes up) it would crash straight after selecting my hard drive approx 2/3 times (when the circle loading symbol appears to load the intro video). This was after it automatically had re-written a corrupted file from a freeze save. After I deleted that save file from my system and now its made a new one, it crashes a lot less frequently.

Originally Posted by Driber
    Well I reckon that one way to find out if this is true would be to backup your entire console data and then wipe the system.

If it still persist after the wipe, you know it's not a case of "savegame leftovers".
    Finally worked (new disc + deleted everything + installed + cleared chace + deleted sniper challenge unlock) damn that took forever. now i have to dodge the save corruption.

Originally Posted by Nick@IO
    The PS3 patch will unfortunately not be released in Russia, Poland or Turkey due to business reasons. I cannot get into details about that at this point, I'm afraid.
    Does that also mean the Digital Edition available from PSN in the UK will not get updated either?

360 patch

Does anyone know if the 360 patch has been released yet? I see that they expected it released today and said they would update right away but there has been no confirmation that it has been made available. Last night on the 18th I put the game in thinking hey maybe it's out early and I was prompted for a 2MB update. Can anyone tell me if that would have been the patch to fix the crashing? I've checked for an update every day since the 10th.

Will it be available at a later date ? Next updates will be available in Poland ?

@jaycw

It's true right that the dev units (at least for 360) you can change the settings so that it can emulate disk speeds? As everything on a dev unit is on the HDD, I was informed that this was never used or tested as the disk speed emulation can cause problems because (and I quote) "It's crap." That's why I always install games now. Also as I recall, the PS3 emulation is a bigger pain in the ass compared to 360.

Hi, when this ready patch of the digital version of Hitman?

We do believe the 360 TU is now available everywhere but due to the fact that the world (apart from myself, it seems) has gone on holiday, it's proving hard for us to confirm. I'm told the title update was approved yesterday and that it can take up to 72 hours to spread to all territories.

Thank you for keeping us informed. I never had game crashing issues, but it really seems the disguises work a bit better now on "hard". Some problems remained though: Some enemies still get suspicious through walls or while they are looking into another direction. But overall the game is much better now.

Just one more thing? Whats about the english language DLC? Travis said it should be online by yesterday on xbox live?

Originally Posted by NIB
    Thank you for keeping us informed. I never had game crashing issues, but it really seems the disguises work a bit better now on "hard". Some problems remained though: Some enemies still get suspicious through walls or while they are looking into another direction. But overall the game is much better now.

Just one more thing? Whats about the english language DLC? Travis said it should be online by yesterday on xbox live?
    The patch is in fact now live and should be available everywhere.

The language pack can go up around 3 days after the TU goes live, so I'd expect that today or tomorrow, probably.

The patch is in fact now live and should be available everywhere.

The language pack can go up around 3 days after the TU goes live, so I'd expect that today or tomorrow, probably.
    I have installed the Xbox patch and the same thing is happening. Can u inform me what I've to do next as I can't get a refund??

Page 12 of 17 First First ... 28910111213141516 ... Last