Thread: Console Patch 1.02 (live for EU/US with patch notes)

Console Patch 1.02 (live for EU/US with patch notes)

Originally Posted by FoxJoy
    PS3
    it seems to appear to everybody, i dont know whats wrong

Originally Posted by PhilR1
    Is there any chance you could find out for us on our behalf or talk to someone who can?

Everyone is fearful of starting a new game, getting halfway through the game and then getting the corrupted save again. Everyone has their limits and if this happened to me a second time, I doubt I would play the game again and I REALLY want to complete Absolution.

Thank you.
    The devs are constantly reading the forums, and they especially keep a close eye on the officially appointed threads, so chances are they already read your request, and are well aware of the situation that people are eager for updates.

Give them a few more working days, then drop me a line via PM and I'll see what I can do.

(Check the OP first to make sure there really has not been an update in a while.)

Very nice for one more time.

Eidos simply SUCKS.

We still wait the xbox360 patch even it was released at ps3 and pc so.....
    EIDOS SUCKS

Can someone confirm to me f contracts is broken too. Don't want to waste my time playing it till its fixed

Originally Posted by fits79
    Very nice for one more time.

Eidos simply SUCKS.

We still wait the xbox360 patch even it was released at ps3 and pc so.....
    EIDOS SUCKS
    Eidos, or Square Enix Europe as that company is now called, isn't in control of when Microsoft releases the title updates. Sony takes roughly five working days to approve a submission, while MS can take up to ten days. While I appreciate the frustration, this is simply beyond our control.

The last thing we've been told is that the update is approved and that it is set to release the 19th of December. This is obviously not ideal but, again, beyond our control, I'm afraid.

Originally Posted by FoxJoy
    Hi. I can't understand does this patch works for US digital copy of the game or not. I bought it in US store but when I start the game there are no update. What's wrong?
    As far as we know, the US patch is also live. Are you still experiencing this issue?

Originally Posted by Driber
    The devs are constantly reading the forums, and they especially keep a close eye on the officially appointed threads, so chances are they already read your request, and are well aware of the situation that people are eager for updates.

Give them a few more working days, then drop me a line via PM and I'll see what I can do.

(Check the OP first to make sure there really has not been an update in a while.)
    That is fair enough. Thanks. The reason I am so reluctant to play Absolution again is because i do not have Xbox Live so have to take my 360 to a friends house where I can download the patch. I really, REALLY do not want to take the risk of starting a new game for it to happen again.

Going on what Nick IO is saying, it just looks like Microsoft are being a bit slow.

Actually Nick IO, can you confirm that the patch waiting to be released on 360 is identical to the one for PS3 or is there any changes since PS3 patch?

Originally Posted by D6oby
    Can someone confirm to me f contracts is broken too. Don't want to waste my time playing it till its fixed
    Anyone know???

I don't suppose it will be possible to download the patch via PC, transfer to USB and then download the patch from the USB when plugged into the 360 like you can with 360 updates?

Originally Posted by Travis@IO
    Xbox 360 Patch Update:

We have received feedback from Microsoft and expect that the 360 Title Update will be approved today. This was later than we had hoped and means that the update is now expected to go live and will be available to download on Wednesday 19 December. We will update the thread as soon as we have confirmation.
    1.) Can you confirm that the 360 patch works better than the PS3 one?
    2.) Can you guarantee it's safe to put time and effort in to the game, again, without risk of losing ALL progress?

Driber - us "disgruntled" gamers don't need affirmation on the same things over and over. We need new information like the answers to the above questions which I really believe is not asking too much.

The devs should be aware of the PS3 patch issues. We deserve to know if they have been testing in-house whether the 360 patch really eliminates the corrupted save issue. You can say, "I'm sure they have tested it". But it doesn't seem that way for the PS3 patch - how can I trust to download the 360 patch (and spend time on the game again)?

Patch

In regards to the 1.02 patch, I'd like to give a bit of positive feedback and thanks. I'm sure that its a lovely process trying to tweak a game and have things approved while at the same time many of us are outraged with the shortcomings of the game. While there may still be a few things that could be tweaked, AND I've been lucky enough to not have any of these corruption issues, the patch is a wonderful upgrade to the disguise mechanic (they're not riskier than 47's suit now!!) I believe that the game is on the right track for a future Hitman game, and the patching of this game was a big step forward.

Originally Posted by The Professional
    1.) Can you confirm that the 360 patch works better than the PS3 one?
    2.) Can you guarantee it's safe to put time and effort in to the game, again, without risk of losing ALL progress?

Driber - us "disgruntled" gamers don't need affirmation on the same things over and over. We need new information like the answers to the above questions which I really believe is not asking too much.

The devs should be aware of the PS3 patch issues. We deserve to know if they have been testing in-house whether the 360 patch really eliminates the corrupted save issue. You can say, "I'm sure they have tested it". But it doesn't seem that way for the PS3 patch - how can I trust to download the 360 patch (and spend time on the game again)?
    1. The bugs that are universal to all builds have been addressed in both patches. If there are PS3-specific elements, or Xbox360-specific elements (e.g. bugs that are platform-centric), they are obviously only in the respective patches. I believe, but would need to confirm this tomorrow, that both patches were submitted at the same time and are, for all purposes, identical.

2. No, I can't give such a guarantee. I have been told that all known crash bugs, and subsequently corruption bugs, have been fixed. That doesn't mean that other bugs that are, for instance, not known or not reproducable, will not be in the game. I simply cannot tell you that because I don't know. I know the team has addressed every issue reported and that the patch has been QA'ed but bugs may still be present.

We test everything. It's not like things just get thrown together and put out. Microsoft and Sony also test the patches and we can see that the vast majority of players are not experiencing issues like the ones reported. This makes the process harder for us, of course, but I can tell you that we're doing everything we can to stress the importance of this to the people who make the decisions about patching.

Both PS3 and Xbox360 patches have been tested.

Originally Posted by Nick@IO
    As far as we know, the US patch is also live. Are you still experiencing this issue?
    Yes. I still can't update the game. There are no update when i started the game. I even tried to delete then download and install. No result.

I'm beyond angry - I was up to the Descent level on Dexter Industries only to have the corruption issue destroy hours of progress. I waited for the 1.02 patch and reluctantly started again - got to the same point AND IT HAS HAPPENED AGAIN. I had reached the mid level checkpoint but because if messed up I wanted to restart the level, realised it had put me right back to the start which wasn't what I wanted so chose to go to the title screen so I could select the "Descent" section - black screen and spinning loading / saving icon. Had o do a forced reset.

I'm now contacting the people I bought it from regarding a refund because in my eyes they've not sold to me what they advertised, it's disgusting. Why have they said they've made the game more stable when they haven't. I'm a pretty tolerant guy but this has really annoyed me and I want an explanation from the developers what they are going to do about this.

My advice if you're thinking of buying this "game" - don't.

Thumbs Down

Originally Posted by SlyRebirth
    [B][SIZE="5"]

Please note that Russia, Poland and Turkey will not be updated with this patch.

check this thread.
    What does it mean? I'm from Poland and there's no patch for me? So what i paid for? I'm shocked...

1. What reason of that dicidition? (No patch for Russia, Turkey, Poland) many peoples paid they money for this and has right for quality product (game in this case)
    2. When we get PS3 patch for digital copy of the game?

Originally Posted by Nick@IO
    1. The bugs that are universal to all builds have been addressed in both patches. If there are PS3-specific elements, or Xbox360-specific elements (e.g. bugs that are platform-centric), they are obviously only in the respective patches. I believe, but would need to confirm this tomorrow, that both patches were submitted at the same time and are, for all purposes, identical.

2. No, I can't give such a guarantee. I have been told that all known crash bugs, and subsequently corruption bugs, have been fixed. That doesn't mean that other bugs that are, for instance, not known or not reproducable, will not be in the game. I simply cannot tell you that because I don't know. I know the team has addressed every issue reported and that the patch has been QA'ed but bugs may still be present.

We test everything. It's not like things just get thrown together and put out. Microsoft and Sony also test the patches and we can see that the vast majority of players are not experiencing issues like the ones reported. This makes the process harder for us, of course, but I can tell you that we're doing everything we can to stress the importance of this to the people who make the decisions about patching.

Both PS3 and Xbox360 patches have been tested.
    I am getting really confused here. You're saying that the corrupted save bug has been addressed yet I have seen well over 10 different users on this board alone that contradict this information. Am I right in assuming the latest PS3 patch has somehow created additional problems?

Ok how about this for a solution - if I delete the patch from my 360 and play offline (which I will anyway as I am not connected), would this stop corrupted saves from happening? Was the earlier 114kb patch that caused the corrupted save or something from the actual disc that was released?

With regards to you saying the vast majority of players are not experiencing the corrupted save bug from the latest PS3 patch, could you at least tell us where you got that information from? I have seen moderators ask us for proof when we make claims. The least you could do is back this up. Are you actually checking data from people connected to PSN? Can you actually tell if someone has a corrupted save from your end? I am no tech expert so am ignorant about these things, sorry.

Many thanks in advance. I know sometimes I go on but I really do appreciate that you and the rest of moderators/technical staff are talking to us. That means a lot

To all who still experience save file crashes - why not heading back to main menu after some chapters and backup the file on a stick? It's not a permanent solution I know but at least you can save your progress ....

Originally Posted by meltron69
    To all who still experience save file crashes - why not heading back to main menu after some chapters and backup the file on a stick? It's not a permanent solution I know but at least you can save your progress ....
    That's what I'm doing from now on its something to do with the PSN I'm sure of it...

What in the heck is going on with xbox360 update????

WHEN WE HAVE IT?

YOU TALLIED THAT WE HAVE IT THE PREVIEWER WEEK AND STILL NOTHING.....

WHEN WE HAVE IT?

calm down, no need to yell, lets use our forum voices... we'll see the patch wednesday.

Errm... can anyone please explain why the PS3 patch is not yet available for Digital Edition versions of the game (in the UK) when it has been available for the disc based version of the game for around a week now?

Not complaining, just looking for answers.

WHEN WE HAVE IT?

It's out of SEs hands. Please remain calm, it is Microsoft that is dictating the release.

It is out for what?

It seems the Xbox patch is live. had a title update of 2mb just now. Can Admin confirm?

Page 11 of 17 First First ... 789101112131415 ... Last