Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last

Thread: Vent your grievances thread

Vent your grievances thread

Vent your grievances thread

Hi folks,

As you may have noticed, we're doing our best to keep the forum (and the officially appointed threads in particular) clean from flaming, bashing and excessive OT, so to make it easier for the devs to go through user feedback and also to prevent (new) members from being turned off from participating in the discussions.

Having said that, we understand the frustration some of you are having due to problems getting your game to work, so we want to give you a place to vent your grievances.

Now, having a dedicated thread for this does not mean all forum rules are out of the window, but the forum staff will take a less strict stance on the language members choose to use here.

To be clear, this thread is NOT for

- Bashing or any kind of personal attacks towards the devs, the forum staff, or regular members.
    - Discussions regarding moderator/administrator actions.
    - Discussions regarding the purpose of this thread.
    - Calls for boycotts or encouraging piracy.

I also want to take this opportunity to once again make it perfectly clear that we do not censor opinions on this forum. Everyone is free to give their honest feedback on the game and the company, as long your post does not include unwarranted abuse or otherwise breaks our forum Terms of Use.

Thanks for creating This thread , I understand some People are Annoyed & rightfully so ,this is a good place for Us to Vent , I am Patiently waiting for the Patch for the 360 but I am growing impatient ,Spent a good Penny for this Game & I refuse to play it now because of the possibility of loosing progress again.

Honestly, the point of having a sequel for that matter is for the newer game to build upon it's predecessor and I feel like this game falls flat. I'm not trying to troll at all but if you or anyone for that matter has played the original hitman games you'd see where I'm coming from, don't fix something if it ain't broke.

Not asking for a Blood Money 2 though, just an improvement with better mechanics, like any successor. It just gets a little silly and gimmicky when you're standing in a crowd of people and I'm literally rotating my control stick clockwise/counter-clockwise to avoid the detection arrows, just gets a little old.

I also feel that the community needs to be more involved in testing gameplay patches and with direct contact with the devs to fully make this game reach the potential it needs.

I also Have to agree with Nastynater the Detection in Disguises for this game is beyond realistic compared to previous Games

I enjoy the graphics, the engine, cover system ect. But the disguise needs to be altered, doesn't necessarily need to be like blood money but defiantly more fun to use disguises. Atleast so that they only get suspicious when you are like 2feet away from them.

And while I liked the storyline, I'd much rather it focused around classic hit style levels with 47 working for the ICA & Diana as his handler. Then focus around the characters more, you made some kinda interesting characters that just disappeared and had no impact.

If you do DLC of new levels, or just for the sake of giving my opinion. I'd rather more classic hits like Blood Money had, with one main bad guy who's clever and interesting, and while you complete the hits you learn things or are introduced more to characters such as 47, Diana, old characters or whatever. I want 47 working for the ICA, choosing his weapon load out, having a map to survay the area, Diana in his ear giving advice or info and to learn about 47s thoughts, opinions, or a cool bad guy. Just my opinion though.

I've played through the campaign twice now and am waiting for the disguise patch and hopefully a new video card to play through it third time around. I just wish that the whining and complaining will simmer down real soon as that is the only downside to the Absolution experience at the moment. I honestly think some people just need to take some time to get over the fact that Absolution is not Blood Money 2. It almost feels like they're on a rebound after a heartbreak and their emotions cloud their mind.
    signature image

I'm on a Xbox 360 and (very fortunately) have not having issues with corrupt saves or game freezes. My grievances have nothing to do with the game not working. My grievances are about certain mechanics and concepts.

Like when I'm dressed as a cop on the train station platform and the cops on the OTHER platform are spotting me even though I'm in crowds (on *any* difficulty this just shouldn't be possible - but it's extremely vexing on Hard). I understand that this is being 'looked at' but I hope that somehow, this whole being noticed at a distance thing gets addressed by whatever patch may be released for this.

And like how 47 begins every single level with a preset selection of gear that never includes smarter, more appropriate gear that maybe he picked up on the previous level. If I find an Agency Tanto and a brick of explosives in one level, I should be able to carry them over to the next level. Maybe it isn't smart to bring a revolver across state lines when I just used it to kill 7 cops, but I should be able to keep melee weapons and explosives.

And the complete lack of melee weapons in the setup screen for Contracts. Hey, great, I can choose any *firearm* that I've unlocked but what if I wanted to bring a *melee* weapon? Like a Mace? Or a Filet Knife? :sigh: sadly I can't do that and it grieves me. It grieves me greatly.

Aside from things like what I've just mentioned, I *really* enjoy this game. I love the disguise + instinct thing (it just needs work) and I dig the story, the characters, and the overall gameplay (the control scheme is excellent, just excellent).

I think, the whole problem consists of two things: The almost useless disguises (almost because if you're the only one in a specific disguise, it works well) AND the lack of the huge sandbox levels, known from EVERY former Hitman title. It is wrong, to say, that you simply want Blood Money 2. It would almost be the same, if you want Silent Assassin 2 or Contracts 2. Absolution is far from every single one of them and that's the point why I'm saying, that it's simply NOT a true Hitman game.

If there wouldn't be so many tiny A to B levels, the disguise system would work much better and everyone would be a lot more happier with the game.

The leveldesign in Absolution is trapped in its own story. Telling a fast and intensive story with only Chicago and South Dakota as the main locations you're extremly limited in using your creativity. That's why many levels feel so ordinary and boring or don't even have a hit to accomplish.

At least I'm happy, that there hopefully won't be another story, in which 47 is more hunted than the hunter. So after this "story-reboot" there are enough possibilities to get back to the roots.
    47: "Names are for friends, so I don't need one."

Grievances:

* Broken disguise system which has turned, Absolution into a Splinter Cell game with all the sneaking around behind cover in order to not be seen.

* Instincts. Totally pointless, unneeded, unnecessary, unwanted, and beyond ridiculous. And what's worse is that, Absolution was built upon Instincts. The game revolves around using Instincts. Instincts is basically, Absolution's game engine. (might as just well call your "other" engine, Instincts instead of Glacier 2).

* Way, way too many go from point A to part B levels which is nothing but useless filler in order to give the appearance that the game is longer than it actually really is.

* Not nearly enough actual assassination missions in the story campaign.

* Quick Time Events.
    Doorman: Absolution. Tom Francis from, PC Gamer was 100 percent right all along: http://tinyurl.com/cqpv4wb Steam ID: Sean Rubin

It's all been said before:

The Checkpoint System: WTF were you guys thinking when you made this... seriously.

Disguise System: It's a mess and I know you said you are fixing it but with the entire game being designed around this system I don't have much hope.

Lack of Hits: I'm playing Hitman, I'm going through these crazy levels you designed for... what, to go through a door? Come on. Just let us carry out hits.

Story: I appreciate you trying to tell a story but you guys sacrificed way, way too much of what made Hitman good so you could have a sub-par narrative. Was it really worth it?

More Sandbox Levels: Some of the levels you have in Absolution are so close to greatness... I loved King of Chinatown, the Courtroom, etc. If you guys had just iterated on that idea instead of sprinkling in tons of those horrible, linear levels the game would've been so much better for it.

The worst part about this whole thing is that the fans had been telling you for years to not make this game like Splinter Cell and the like. You can give us the graphics, the controls, the story but just keep the awesome sandbox levels intact from previous Hitman games. If you are worried about accessibility then accommodate for it, don't just throw everything out.

We want to perform hits in a Hitman game.

We want to plan our hits in a Hitman game.

We want a living, breathing level where we can manipulate, infiltrate and escape how we want in a Hitman game.

This game rocks... but tweak the disguises slightly... dont make it too easy though... this game rocks

Originally Posted by Razoric
    It's all been said before:

The Checkpoint System: WTF were you guys thinking when you made this... seriously.

Disguise System: It's a mess and I know you said you are fixing it but with the entire game being designed around this system I don't have much hope.

Lack of Hits: I'm playing Hitman, I'm going through these crazy levels you designed for... what, to go through a door? Come on. Just let us carry out hits.

Story: I appreciate you trying to tell a story but you guys sacrificed way, way too much of what made Hitman good so you could have a sub-par narrative. Was it really worth it?

More Sandbox Levels: Some of the levels you have in Absolution are so close to greatness... I loved King of Chinatown, the Courtroom, etc. If you guys had just iterated on that idea instead of sprinkling in tons of those horrible, linear levels the game would've been so much better for it.

The worst part about this whole thing is that the fans had been telling you for years to not make this game like Splinter Cell and the like. You can give us the graphics, the controls, the story but just keep the awesome sandbox levels intact from previous Hitman games. If you are worried about accessibility then accommodate for it, don't just throw everything out.

We want to perform hits in a Hitman game.

We want to plan our hits in a Hitman game.

We want a living, breathing level where we can manipulate, infiltrate and escape how we want in a Hitman game.
    I agree.

I cant belive IOI betrayed us so bad.

Anyone who makes a "sequel" and instead of expanding upon and improving on what made the previous game great, decides to scrap almost all of the good aspect in exchange for one or two miniscule upgrages and a ton of massive downgrades, deserves to resign and let someone who knows what they're doing take charge.

Absolution told non-Hitman fans to buy Hitman even though they don't like Hitman, and showed Hitman fans that the game isn't Hitman enough. Actually, it isn't "game" enough due to all the flaws, so all around fail on so many levels.

Many fans saw a connection between Absolution and Conviction due to the Point Shooting -gameplay mechanic, but no... Absolution is Conviction. The whole core idea and realization is pretty much identical, with the exception of a flashback level in the Gulf War with another playable character and even more broken mechanics. Dysfunctional gameplay with massively stripped major trademark mechanics revolving around linear one-way levels barely designed for stealthy gameplay, with a story about a rogue agent going against his own organization. A game that inxeplicably tries to exploit the popularity of a popular franchise, by being largely unrelated to the brand but being marketed under the name, managing to alienate not only the previous target audience, but the new planned one as well, due to having been designed for the latter and being marketed to the former.

Big game development has dropped the ball. They have no idea what they are doing anymore. They try to avoid all risks by stiching a poor makeshift product out of pure compromises, and decorating it to look good, which ironically makes them fail in exactly the kind of way they were trying to avoid. Can someone please give some other company than Valve the infinite funds that continuing to make good games takes?

Very well said, Platinumoxicity. I agree 100 percent.
    Doorman: Absolution. Tom Francis from, PC Gamer was 100 percent right all along: http://tinyurl.com/cqpv4wb Steam ID: Sean Rubin

Lightbulb Contracts "deadliest assassin"? Hardly...

My ps3 gamer tag is REPLICANT_HUNTR

I love everything about this game except for one thing. The way that contracts mode "deadliest assassin" leaderboard is tallied. This I feel is the only misstep. How could anybody feel like it was a good idea that the deadliest assassin is simply who wins the most competitions amongst friends? I have a suggestion which I feel would show a much more accurate score for the worlds deadliest assassin. Every leaderboard for every contract should be taken into account. Points should be given for what place you are in for each leaderboard, as well as taking into account how many people have played said contract. So maybe, and these are just random numbers, 2nd place on a contract that ten people have played might get you 10 points, where 22nd place on a contract that one thousand people have played would get you fifty points. All those points would be added up for each player and there you have a much more accurate and what I believe to be an almost perfect representation of "deadliest assassin". I really hope you read this and give it some thought. I put a lot of thought into this post. I know you probably don't normally do this but if you could somehow just send me a private message through ps3 or a message in the forum just so I know that my voice has been heard it would really make my year. This is my favorite franchise and game of all time and I consider myself your biggest fan. I have many first place finishes and while not first place, many high scores in your featured contracts. I also have two hitman tattoos! If you can't privately respond its ok, just know I applaud your efforts, you have my full support and I look forward to whatever happens next in agent 47s future. Thank you, vfstrider

I'm enjoying Absolution as it is - sure disguises may be broken pretty quickly in some cases, but from doing challenges on previous Hitman games, Silent Assassin Suit Only was the way to go - so no problems with disguises, instinct or checkpoints.

What I would like to see is some preventative measures against abuse of the online leaderboards. Some are doing it blatantly with single massive multiple million scores on a single contract. Others are doing it by setting scores that are merely above the maximum possible for a level (contracts mode, all objectives met, 0 second bonus).

How easy / hard would it be to add a check - if the score is higher than the maximum possible based on the scenario of the contract then it gets blocked.

One thing that came to my mind: They should have named it "Hunted-Man" instead of "Hitman". That would have made clear, what you get if you buy the game.

@Platinumoxicity: I agree 100%. The sad thing is, that this is happening to a lot of games and not only Hitman. It's the same with Max Payne 3. I hate Rockstar for what they did to the game. Now Square Enix dissapoints me, too.

I understand, that it's very important to get enough profit out of such a big game. But if you only know about business studies and forget about the core elements of a game, it just can't be as good as it could.

Sadly the damage is done. I already wrote it in another topic: Never forget about the mouth-to-mouth propaganda. The critics are spreading and more and more people agree to it. This is really bad advertising.

But after all: You still have to appreciate the work they did with Absolution. It's not like they didn't work enough on the game. They obviously succeeded in what they planned and especially the amount of detail is astonishing. That makes it even more sad, that the gameplay just doesn't work how a lot of people expected and wanted to.

The story in this game is awesome. Anyone putting down the story... I have a grievance with

I like some parts of the story, too. But it rips off to much of the gameplay. There are about 2 or 3 situations, where a cutscene destroys all the effort you did, to get to your target silently and undetected. The main thing of what Hitman was all about is taken away due to the story way too often. 47 was a professional for years and now he's running into one ambush after another like an amateur? Come on...

Bitter sweet

Okay.this is a great game and an ambitious game,but it definitely has flaws.
    1.diguise detection is too sensitive
    2.lack of saves(seriously we have to search for a checkpoint?)
    Besides that everything else was pretty much improved.sure you don't get a weopon load out,but they pretty much take care of that in contracts mode.basically it seems to me that io intended for the story to be just that,the story.and for contracts mode to be the actual hit list like on previous hitman games.I would like to say that the a to b sections could have been saved and implemented better,ex. Like when you kill the king of Chinatown,and have to exfiltrate.that would be a realistic problem after performing a hit.and it could work if they made you find a way to infiltrate and exfiltrate an area,this is hitman after all(the thinking mans game).but the simple platforming areas of the game could have been left out,or better done.also I will admit that it is pretty ridiculous to been in all out firefight then go into the next room and everyone is oblivious to the carnage on the other side of the door.if we unluckily or choose to engage in a firefight,perhaps it would make the mission harder and security tighter.there should be some sort of punishment.losing the silent assassin template has made this a better game though,because players can finally have the freedom to choose exactly how they want to eliminate their targets.but losing points for pacifying a non target!?!?thats ridiculous and backwards.also being able to customize all your weopons and clothing would be nice.aside from that the other main areas to focus would be of course even more ways to kill the targets,more ways to get to the targets(not just climb to this conveniently opened window(what happened to the glass cutter in the game trailer?!?) or crawl through this vent),smarter targets(not just mindless npcs who do the same scripted actions each time you reload the level)perhaps give your targets more realistic personality(if he takes a piss every three minutes he obviously has an overactive bladder,or maybe he's paranoid and doesn't like being followed)they should have some awareness of the world they live in.(I shouldn't be able to just open a door right in from of them,and they don't notice anything suspicious.)how io will accomplish this I'm not sure.but what has always made hitman such an awesome game is the options it gives you.for instance,the sniper challenge is one of the more memorable mission in absolution IMO,partly because its one of the more retro Type missions.you have your target and you have already chosen your weopon of choice the blazer sniper.this is reminiscent of blood money and earlier games.but what if you had the option of infiltrating the hotel rather than sniping.thats what I mean by more ways to complete the job. So
    3.even more immersion,(more realistic npcs,give them habits,emotions and common sense)
    4.more options(customization,ways to infiltrate And exfiltrate,(what happened to poison and syringes

Well I know I kind of rambled but that's my thoughts on this Great game thanks for listening!!

Take note devs...

I dunno if it's possible but maybe for the next game (if your studio does it) try and release like a beta testing for the fans so we can test it out and tell you what we like and dont like, since clearly who ever you hired to test this game did a poor poor job.

Just a thought.

Originally Posted by Burnout
    @Platinumoxicity: I agree 100%. The sad thing is, that this is happening to a lot of games and not only Hitman. It's the same with Max Payne 3. I hate Rockstar for what they did to the game. Now Square Enix dissapoints me, too.
    Max Payne 3 is totally different. The gameplay is awesome, except for the annoying flaws like the fact that shoot-dodging takes too much of your bullet time compared to just slowing down, and the fact that it's a console-focused game therefore it has to be loading all the time, using unskippable cutscenes because the Xbox360 is an ancient piece of crap. But it's a great game, very true to the originals. I personally prefer it over Max Payne 2. How is Max Payne 3 comparable to Absolution? I don't recall Rockstar removing almost everything that made the original games great.

Originally Posted by h4x3r101
    Take note devs...

I dunno if it's possible but maybe for the next game (if your studio does it) try and release like a beta testing for the fans so we can test it out and tell you what we like and dont like, since clearly who ever you hired to test this game did a poor poor job.

Just a thought.
    But the question is if too much time was spent adding in the voice of Bateson and chopping down Saints scenes instead of working on tweaks for the final release. Maybe the beta testing was good but the devs were too busy trying to please the core fan base.
    signature image

The current DLC is actualy kind of insulting, and one thing in paticular is a little fustraiting. First off, why you cant download the suits and the weapons together in a pair is just obvious ways of you guys making more money. All these DLC should be free anyway, theyre tiny little add ons to games, and you already had them made when the game was realsed. But ignoring that childish and sadly common game company move.

Mostly I just wanted to say, how come if someone made a contract and they used a DLC gun or disguise, I have to download it to be able to play. When on other contracts when I have what they have...I have the option to change my disguise and gun ANYWAY. This all seems kind of stupid and pathetic :/ I mostly feel disappointed in the attitude towards this from you.

Asking us to pay for tiny game addons, that you already had made pretty much on day of realse, is kind of insulting. But im more anoyed by the fact that some contracts I cant play, even though I should be able to choose my own load out, because I havnt given you guys £1 or 80p or $1 whatever the hell you want to refer to it as.

I've payed for the game, if I dont download your stuff thats fine, but restricting the game based on it, so we cant play certain contracts is kind of stupid and insulting, especaily when if i did download them, the next option for me if i chose that contract would be to freaking choose my load out and swap the dlc for any other content i have unlocked!

I enjoy the game but it frustrates me when companies do whatever they can to squeeze money out of the customer. We already bought the game, selling tiny items separately that you already have is dumb enough without restricting contracts so we have to pay if you want to play them.

Whats stopping you from choosing only contracts with DLC as the featured ones, then you'll get a lot more money cos people will decide to download them to play the contracts that you guys are saying is so good its been 'featured'.

I'm not really even angry, just disappointed and insulted at the seemingly childish and pathetic attitude that I seem to feel coming from the company. A large portion of people feel frustrated and disappointed by your game anyway, a lot of companies would (and have in the past) release some free DLC to smooth it over. But so far, not you guys, just keep making them pay for a single suit, or a single gun...

To be clear: I can't play Hitman: Absolution because I keep experiencing your wonderful save bug, this is on topic.

When are you going to give me a refund? I've not been able to play this 60$ game for almost a full month now. Gamestop won't give me a refund because the package is already opened. Who do I turn to? I'm sure there are other like me who are just fed up now and want their money back. That's not weird right? Who do we turn to? Just to be clear, this is no attack, threat, complaint, or anything like that I would just genuinely like to know how I get my money back. I don't think this is an unreasonable request. This also isn't a "vent", or whatever you guys like to call legitimate questions in this thread, so please don't move it to a subsection nobody ever reads or delete it. I fully understand you're working on a patch to fix my savefiles, or at least to prevent the game from crashing every 5 minutes, but you should have done that 2 months ago before you made me pay 60$ for it. If we all send a formal complaint to have to listen to us right? I'm surprised there haven't been any lawsuits threats yet, you guys are based in America right? If I would go out to dinner, order a nice steak, and every time I try to take a bite a waiter comes up and takes the steak away, charging me full price, and telling me I have to walk all the way home first, then walk all the way back to the restaurant where I have to order my steak all over again and repeat the same process; I wouldn't be a very happy customer. Yet this is exactly what's happening right now.

Releasing a patch, which btw doesn't work for a couple of my friends who bought the game on Steam and still get the save crash, on the 10th of December, which is a full month after the release date just isn't acceptable. Can anyone please answer these normal questions without making it seem like I'm slowly stabbing their favorite pet cute little bunny to death? Thanks in advance.

And to keep it on topic, whenever I enter the King of Chinatown mission my PS3 completely shuts down, I have to let it sit for a few minutes and then it continues. As soon as I take out the drugdealer the same thing happens again. When I try to take my guns out it also freezes. So it's not only save related...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last