Page 9 of 9 First First ... 56789

Thread: Vent your grievances thread

Vent your grievances thread

Originally Posted by Icedog
    By far the worst part of Hitman absolution is the story. He accepts the contract then He goes back on his word and doesn't kill his target.There goes his reputation as the words greatest assassin. What happen to "he always hits his mark" or not being able to "call him off". This new Hitman is weak. How do you kill for money and still be a 'good person'? That's stupid and it makes no sense. People try and say its like hitman2 but in hitman2 47 retires when hes trying to live in pace and he always honored his agreements.
    You couldn't be more wrong. Agent 47 never had any allegiances with anyone but himself. The Agency meant nothing to him. To him it was all about money. That being said, the idea of Victoria (the girl he had to save) escaping The Agency and getting a chance to live a normal life and be a kid is something that 47 emotionally connected to, because he never had that freedom, he spent his entire childhood confined, training to be a killer. He missed out on a lot and as a result, grew into the chronically sociopathic person he is today. That alone was motive enough to drive him away from The Agency and save this girl. From a psychological perspective, this was the closest he'd ever get to fulfilling a personal wish he never had, by giving this girl a second chance. Since he was already giving The Agency the finger anyway, there was no reason to kill Diane, especially when they had history. I'm sorry, but the story was better than 98% of all other video games, with their cheesy, cliché characters and poorly developed story lines. The characters in Absolution were well developed and the voice acting was great.

I am by no means defending the game play, but when it comes to the story you couldn't be any more wrong.

Hitman Veteran

I've bought and played ever hitman game made. Starting with the first on the PC. I prided myself in playing ever mission on the hardest setting, and finishing with a Silent Assassin rating. Taking out my targets in the most creative ways possible(most of the time not taking a weapon on my missions).

Now to the venting, Absolution took 47 from doing hits to a long and drawn out search and rescue. Some of the missions felt right, but were either to long(multiple stages) or to short. Keeping with tradition the AI was still buggy, the higher the difficultly the worst it got. I bought the game months and had to force myself to finish the game because I could not care about the story. Another problem(at least to me) is the weapon count continues to drop, no mini-gun!!!

Even with the story arc dragging down the game the environments were beautiful, and creative. The town of hope was cool, Chinatown is always fun, the Cornfield was every different.

I guess that's enough, the bottom line is I will buy the next Hitman, I just hope you go back to what made the game great.

PS I understand this a business and you have to reach a wider audience and all that, but if it is not broke...
    Oh, and for stories why not redo the first game???

Originally Posted by Trusilentassassin
    I've bought and played ever hitman game made. Starting with the first on the PC. I prided myself in playing ever mission on the hardest setting, and finishing with a Silent Assassin rating. Taking out my targets in the most creative ways possible(most of the time not taking a weapon on my missions).

Now to the venting, Absolution took 47 from doing hits to a long and drawn out search and rescue. Some of the missions felt right, but were either to long(multiple stages) or to short. Keeping with tradition the AI was still buggy, the higher the difficultly the worst it got. I bought the game months and had to force myself to finish the game because I could not care about the story. Another problem(at least to me) is the weapon count continues to drop, no mini-gun!!!

Even with the story arc dragging down the game the environments were beautiful, and creative. The town of hope was cool, Chinatown is always fun, the Cornfield was every different.

I guess that's enough, the bottom line is I will buy the next Hitman, I just hope you go back to what made the game great.

PS I understand this a business and you have to reach a wider audience and all that, but if it is not broke...
    Oh, and for stories why not redo the first game???
    Yeah. The genesis of Hitman was spectacular. I don't want a remake, but I think they should just reboot the series with Agent 47 just out of the academy. I really enjoyed the angle with Dr. Ortmeyer and the cloning and the whole sci-fi aspect. The story of 47's up-and-coming is great; imagine what they can do with next-gen graphics and cutscenes. I doubt it, though. I think the next Hitman game involving 47 will be his pinnacle and he'll end up blowing his own brains out or something. Whatever the case, I really loved the old stealth-based games
    and hope we get to see more in the future.

Originally Posted by S3R6i0
    You couldn't be more wrong. Agent 47 never had any allegiances with anyone but himself. The Agency meant nothing to him. To him it was all about money. That being said, the idea of Victoria (the girl he had to save) escaping The Agency and getting a chance to live a normal life and be a kid is something that 47 emotionally connected to, because he never had that freedom, he spent his entire childhood confined, training to be a killer. He missed out on a lot and as a result, grew into the chronically sociopathic person he is today. That alone was motive enough to drive him away from The Agency and save this girl. From a psychological perspective, this was the closest he'd ever get to fulfilling a personal wish he never had, by giving this girl a second chance. Since he was already giving The Agency the finger anyway, there was no reason to kill Diane, especially when they had history. I'm sorry, but the story was better than 98% of all other video games, with their cheesy, cliché characters and poorly developed story lines. The characters in Absolution were well developed and the voice acting was great.

I am by no means defending the game play, but when it comes to the story you couldn't be any more wrong.
    You basically just made my point 47 doesn't have any allegiances with the agency and yet in absolution Hes working as a pawn for the agency. He take a contract he doesn't even want in the first place and then were supposed to root for him when He, as you put it "gives the Agecy the finger" and sellout by not honoring his contract.
    Second 47 was genetically engineered to be a killer meaning He was born a sociopath. So absolution is a contradiction of all the older games. In Hitman Contracts you see how 47 was made, and you'll see He never was a kid in the first place.
    Basically all the scenes that try to make 47 seem like a good and nice guy hero ruined the whole series.

Originally Posted by Icedog
    You basically just made my point 47 doesn't have any allegiances with the agency and yet in absolution Hes working as a pawn for the agency. He take a contract he doesn't even want in the first place and then were supposed to root for him when He, as you put it "gives the Agecy the finger" and sellout by not honoring his contract.
    Second 47 was genetically engineered to be a killer meaning He was born a sociopath. So absolution is a contradiction of all the older games. In Hitman Contracts you see how 47 was made, and you'll see He never was a kid in the first place.
    Basically all the scenes that try to make 47 seem like a good and nice guy hero ruined the whole series.
    He sold out by not honoring his contract? How do you sell out by not honoring a contract? Selling out implies you get paid. Quite the opposite, he actually didn't sell out and he followed his principles.

If 47 had any reservations about killing Diane, wouldn't it make sense to accept the job and possibly change the outcome?

Why does 47 have to be completely devoid of human emotions. If he were a complete, unfeeling sociopath, there would be no story. Have you even played Silent Assassin? 47 was a naive church goer. The entire game he was trying to rescue a priest who was a friend of his. The experience left him bitter and cynical. Even the deepest, darkest serial killer has a code to which he adheres by, rules grounded in morals or ethics. It's these details that make a character like this interesting. 47 may have been genetically engineered but he wasn't a robot, lol! The message behind 47 rescuing Victoria was that his actions were self serving, even if they seemed humane.

You are clearly lost in the sauce.

Originally Posted by S3R6i0
    He sold out by not honoring his contract? How do you sell out by not honoring a contract? Selling out implies you get paid. Quite the opposite, he actually didn't sell out and he followed his principles.

If 47 had any reservations about killing Diane, wouldn't it make sense to accept the job and possibly change the outcome?

Why does 47 have to be completely devoid of human emotions. If he were a complete, unfeeling sociopath, there would be no story. Have you even played Silent Assassin? 47 was a naive church goer. The entire game he was trying to rescue a priest who was a friend of his. The experience left him bitter and cynical. Even the deepest, darkest serial killer has a code to which he adheres by, rules grounded in morals or ethics. It's these details that make a character like this interesting. 47 may have been genetically engineered but he wasn't a robot, lol! The message behind 47 rescuing Vichistoria was that his actions were self serving, even if they seemed humane.

You are clearly lost in the sauce.
    You ask why does 47 to be devoid of human emotion? Well there are alot of reasons. The most important reason is that that is his character. In absolution he does a complete 180 and turns into a hero talking about justice and . In Silent Assassin 47 still had his perfect reputation an assassin, He still had honor when Hes takes on a contract He follows though. In Silent Assassin 47 does the right thing and retires instead of going around betraying and killing people He deems as bad because that would make him a hypocrite wouldn't it.

January 2015 - Freezing & save corruptions - NOT FIXED. grrrrr

Originally Posted by nastynater
    Honestly, the point of having a sequel for that matter is for the newer game to build upon it's predecessor and I feel like this game falls flat. I'm not trying to troll at all but if you or anyone for that matter has played the original hitman games you'd see where I'm coming from, don't fix something if it ain't broke.

Not asking for a Blood Money 2 though, just an improvement with better mechanics, like any successor. It just gets a little silly and gimmicky when you're standing in a crowd of people and I'm literally rotating my control stick clockwise/counter-clockwise to avoid the detection arrows, just gets a little old.

I also feel that the community needs to be more involved in testing gameplay patches and with direct contact with the devs to fully make this game reach the potential it needs.
    Couldn't said it better

Page 9 of 9 First First ... 56789