Page 6 of 9 First First ... 23456789 Last

Thread: Vent your grievances thread

Vent your grievances thread

@Pstyler, fresh fish 101, and P4NCH0theD0G: I moved your posts from another thread into this one as a courtesy only. Next time I'll likely delete them along with the rest of the derailing posts. Those those who have been posting in support of the staff or the devs, I appreciate it, but please do not do it in threads that have been plagued with derailment and where the staff repeatedly instructs members to keep on topic and constructive. Again, appreciate it, but not the proper place.

Originally Posted by P4NCH0theD0G
    But just as obvious - or so it seems - is the fact that the issue still persists, and I feel quite sorry for the people suffering from it. You should not have to deal with it, and it's reasonable to be angry and disappointed, but to come again and again and tell FORUM moderators how much they suck because they didn't fix the issue is ridiculous. They're not the people that can do anything about it.
    They're the people that actually make the people that can (and should) do something about it aware of the problem. If you antagonize these people, chances are you will essentially lower your chances of your particular issue getting the necessary attention. I wouldn't want to help you right now.
    This is true, btw.

Originally Posted by P4NCH0theD0G
    Well, do you people all really think they intentionally did NOT fix anything? Because that's what most of the posts sound like.

Obviously the issue is more complex than they thought - both with the savegames and the crashes. I would assume they did find and resolve the reasons for crashes that have been reported - otherwise saying that in the patch notes would be unreasonable. Believe it or not, the people reading this do care about this kind of stuff - for the simple reasons that their superiors tell them to care and do something about it. And if you think that those superiors do not care about anything that could adversely affect the profit you are quite naive.

But just as obvious - or so it seems - is the fact that the issue still persists, and I feel quite sorry for the people suffering from it. You should not have to deal with it, and it's reasonable to be angry and disappointed, but to come again and again and tell FORUM moderators how much they suck because they didn't fix the issue is ridiculous. They're not the people that can do anything about it.
    They're the people that actually make the people that can (and should) do something about it aware of the problem. If you antagonize these people, chances are you will essentially lower your chances of your particular issue getting the necessary attention. I wouldn't want to help you right now.

But the point is, that right now a lot of people at IO and Square Enix are quite upset with many other people, because they spent time and money on a patch that was supposed to fix something it didn't fix. And they will try very hard to not let that happen again.

And if you want to blame someone, blame the people that cried about the disguise system - the most possible reason why the patch might have been rushed...
    This post was moved over here but mine was just deleted along with an infraction... makes sense...

But it's consistent with what's happening on this forum. Any praises (even if rude towards other members suffering from glitches) are allowed but all grievances are modded immediately.

So, let me re-post.... this is a grievances thread after all, right? I see no reason why this isn't allowed here:

What's naive is assuming that any publicly traded corporation like Eidos cares about anything other than profits. And I genuinely think that every employee at I/O is more concerned with enjoying the holidays with their big fat bonuses for releasing Absolution in time for Black Fri than they are about gamers not being able to play their game (that they already purchased; i.e., I/O already got their money).

Think about it, this catastrophe, for some odd reason, has recieved no press. All the bad press is isolated to some gaming forums and maybe Twitter. The game has recieved great reviews everywhere. All they care about is if the game is selling and critic reviews. In essence, their profits are not affected; therefore, no reason to "care".

Eidos doesnt exist anymore.. Eidos Montreal is just a name of one of our developers. We're called Square Enix, and have been for 2 years now..

We're japanese owned now, no US/UK trading shares etc..

Thing is look at it from another point of view, If there was a 100% issue for everyone then i could imagine a news story existing. However if said issue isnt happening to everyone, so when the sites check it themselves as all good journos would do, and find it doesnt happen to them, then they wont go with the story as a lead. make sense?
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Eidos doesnt exist anymore.. Eidos Montreal is just a name of one of our developers. We're called Square Enix, and have been for 2 years now..

We're japanese owned now, no US/UK trading shares etc..

Thing is look at it from another point of view, If there was a 100% issue for everyone then i could imagine a news story existing. However if said issue isnt happening to everyone, so when the sites check it themselves as all good journos would do, and find it doesnt happen to them, then they wont go with the story as a lead. make sense?
    Actually, it doesn't. I've seen many articles in the past where a site will say, "we couldn't reproduce this issue ourselves, but it's been reported by [another source whether it's an affiliate site or from fans]".

This issue obviously exists; patches are being made to resolve them. And it makes the game unplayable for the people the issue is affecting. Deleting hard earnd progress completely? Newsworthy, in my opinion.

Edit: Wanted to add examples that I just thought of.... Fallout and Fallout Vegas had a few glitches that didn't affect 100% of users. But IGN, a prominent site, did many articles on the issues Fallout had. And at least in those games you could reload a previous save and not lose ALL progress completely. So, this is, by far, a more serious issue and I'm confused as to why there is not one article on it.

Originally Posted by The Professional
    This post was moved over here but mine was just deleted along with an infraction... makes sense...

But it's consistent with what's happening on this forum. Any praises (even if rude towards other members suffering from glitches) are allowed but all grievances are modded immediately.
    You are incorrect and I resent the implication you are making here.

I have also removed posts that contained "praises" as you put it. Conversely, I have also left criticism posts in other threads. I'd appreciate it if you would make sure you have the fact before accusing (or at least heavily implying) any forum staff member of "selective moderating".

Having said that, I should point out that your post again violates our TOU. I will not delete it this time and infringe you for it, as you have already received 2 infractions for this very same TOU violation (rule #16), so I'm going to assume that you got the message by now, but in case not, I will strongly recommend you review our TOU and make sure you understand what is okay to post here and what is not.

I do not *like* having to ban members, and I truly wish I did not ever have to, but upon repeated offenses and downright ignoring direct staff instructions I am left with little choice.

Now, you have had your say, and so have I. If you feel you want to discuss this further, use PM, please, as per our rules.

Originally Posted by The Professional
    So, let me re-post.... this is a grievances thread after all, right? I see no reason why this isn't allowed here:

{snip}
    Yes, this is a grievances thread and the latter part of your post was on topic and without TOU violations, so that's perfectly fine.

I get it. Talking negatively about your moderating techniques or comments towards users is unacceptable.

Not just mine - any forum staff member's administrative actions/decisions are not up for public debate.

Rule #16: Do not publicly discuss administrative decisions.

The people who have been chosen to moderate and administrate the forums have the right of closing or deleting any thread they feel is inappropriate. Once a topic is closed, members are not allowed to start new ones with the same topic or to question why a specific thread has been closed.

All questions or remarks regarding closed or deleted threads or any administrative decision must be e-mailed or pm'ed privately to the moderator who performed this action. Any further discussion regarding action taken by a moderator or administrator is to be dealt with through Private Message to the appropriate administrator or moderator, and not on the forums themselves. If it is not obvious which moderator took the action in question, contact one of the administrators.

I realize this is most likely by design, but the enemy AI actions being triggered by proximity to the player seems a little asinine. It gets really monotonous and takes players out of the game experience. I.e. - NPCs will always just stand around waiting for the player to get near them or go into a certain location before their action pattern gets triggered, which becomes obvious to the player after a short period of time. I've noticed that when I want to get a good rating on one of the harder difficulties, I'll find myself thinking "Oh, I need to walk to these three arbitrary locations to trigger AI walking/moving/etc so I can get through the level undetected".

In the older Hitman games, the NPCs and the world around you weren't just frozen waiting for you to walk near them to play out a series of scripted cinematic events, they behaved in a more realistic manner. This is one aspect of the game that really disappointed me. Hitman is supposed to be a sandbox assassin game, and it doesn't feel very 'sandboxy' when you're always seeing the same scripted events in the same locations all the time, on every playthrough.

I know there's very little chance of this being fixed in a future patch, but it would be nice if NPCs just went about their actions normally, rather than being completely dependent on the player to trigger them.

I won't pretend to know anything about game development, but couldn't they compress the series so far into one game(for me it would be xbox360)? or even make a second game that goes over every level with the new mechanics, but leaving out the new detection system, and leaving the ability to choose all custom weapons?

I would pay more than double to have the option of choosing everything including multiple load outs, and your disguises, could even add every weapon from the hitman series. Having an air rifle would be a fun way to cause a distraction, and than opening fire on a group of hostiles in one area would be fun to play out.

A good example is red dead redemption, they came out with the zombie game which was the same exact map with changes and more story. They could fiddle with the story a bit add the ability to choose all weapons, distractions, and disguises from the series. Maybe even toss in a few maps from the prior games. An example of same locations would be the gun range, have it taken over by a cartel, the stoners apartments taken over by drug dealers, death factory taken by terrorists, chicago by the mafia, and so on. They could add more environment kills, more targets, add a few sniper levels (after all the challenge was amazing!) and more ways to hide, like more mopping areas etc.

If they wanted to add all weapons to this game they could do a black ops style thing where you look for care packages dropped from the sky, or more creative an arms dealer by a car, could even make it a level where hes your target at the end, and after you kill him (which would complete the game) on the next play through you could have to the ability to pick everything.

Whenever I assassinate through the target-instinct mode, i often get "spotted" even if others are behind a wall. If I shot the target in the back of the head - spotted.

It's really bothersome when you're working through the challenges and you can't do anything because of minor but consistent glitches. I look forward to this great game being fixed.

My platform is PC.

Firstly I'd like to state that I think the game is freaking awesome, I just finished it and it was a treat from start to finish. It's good to see a forum where the Dev's/Mods actually interact with the community for feedback.

Speaking of which, I've got some criticisms to hopefully make the game/future games better.

The biggest thing is that the game stops reacting when I do. Whenever I do something unexpected or sit idle, it's as if it doesn't know what to do. Examples of this are fist fights; stop pressing buttons and wait painfully as the enemy widdles away your health with the same animation. Choking out someone, when I stopped tapping 'Q' to subdue them, they just squirmed indefinitely. When I was spotted, I tried just sitting in cover. The enemy made no attempt to flank or anything, they just fired in my general direction waiting for me to become aggressive. I even got up for a drink, came back and they remained firing aimlessly.

Other obvious things that have been mentioned to death I'm sure is just general AI inconsistencies. Getting spotted in disguise while across the map with your back turned is a little bit annoying. This was really a problem when sneaking through the police station near the courtroom level.

As far as level design goes, I only had 2 gripes. The one mission in the southern states that has you sneaking through a sawmill, disable 2 security stations and proceed. I thought this part goes against everything that is Hitman and was really tedious to finish. It's a completely linear layout with a single disguise which forces a lot of reliance on cover or spamming instinct to hide. Couple this with the uninspired press 2 buttons to continue objective and zero checkpoints make for a frustrating or boring experience.

Also in the blackwater park hotel, I found it impossible to sneak through with suit only. The lobby with the 'lispy' receptionist section was the only part in the game I wasn't able to complete by sneaking with the suit only. I thought this was a playstyle supported throughout the entire game, but give it a try. If you're able to do it than by all means disregard this.

Lastly, how I dearly desire this game to have a quicksave feature. Maybe this doesn't cater towards your intended pacing of the game but I personally believe that choice should be given to the hands of the player. You have created this incredible sandbox where trying new things and experimentation is encouraged but you don't allow the player to save at his leasure. To compromise with the current checkpoint system, you could have a specific difficulty level which allows it, or enable quicksaves to those who have beaten the game already. Let the player mess around without the consequence of re-treading over 15 minutes of gameplay because the AI did something unexpected.

Obviously this is quite the laundry list and I'm a person of realistic expectations, so I don't expect a miracle patch to fix them. I only ask that they are considered

Thanks for making an amazing game and happy holidays to everyone.

For the love of god, IO. Please monitor the leaderboards.
    Last time I checked (last night) I was #2 Deadliest Assassin on the leaderboards on PS3, but I noticed a guy climbing the leaderboards out of nowhere. This person literally got at least 100 competition medals in one day.

Last time I checked the boards I had about 257 or something like that medals and the #1 leader had 344, but I won't be surprised if this person (lumbada or lumbara or something was his/her name) would be #1 by now.

What is Hitman without a well kept leaderboard? Just another game where cheaters do prosper. Some people I know that were also actively participating in becoming high up in Deadliest Assassin already gave up because there's no way to even keep up with these cheaters. I think most of the top 10 is cheating, i've seen multiple people suddenly getting over 90 medals in one day which is highly suspicious. The best I ever got was about 35 or so.

So let me say this once more: PLEASE CLEAN UP THE LEADERBOARDS, IO.
    You may not think people care, but you couldn't be more wrong with that conclusion. A lot of people care.

Hey, i made this account purely for this post as i was so hyped for a new hitman game, Blood money is one of my favorite games of all time.

This game has the potential to be amazing, the game mechanics are crazy good, the animations are awesome, the graphics are stunning, the audio is great.
    But i have no idea where it went wrong maby you have some bad designers or your have change who the game is made for because at the moment this game isn't for fans of the hitman series.

I got the game on release day and i am just starting the saints missions in absolution and i am struggling to find any kind of enthusiasm to finish this game. When blood money came out i finished it about 3 times in 2 weeks. im not a causal i always complete the games i buy with the exception of maby 1 or 2 games in my life time, i even sat through kane and lynch for god sake and we all know about that game..

The first thing that really Pissed me off was the constant bombardment of how well everyone else in the world did on the level i just started so every time i kill a "non-target" i get penalized and i feel like I'm playing the game wrong, but in blood money i used to go in as a ruthless killer and take out any guard who i needed a disguise from so i could get close to my target. It feels like every time i do that I'm getting told "No your playing wrong stop killing anyone but the target".

I also got a problem with the instinct "power" because this isn't a game where people have super powers and can see through walls and predict how people move, its meant to be a real life assassin simulator. This power needs to never make it into the next game.

Moving from the format of having a hideout or HQ to operate from in my opinion really hurt the game in a big way, and having so many levels without any hits to do really sucks.

i know its been done to death but the disguise system is completely gash and needs fixing because if it has i haven't noticed it yet.

Couple of things I found today.

My master volume slider doesn't work at all. Other 3 do.

Also the cutscenes' audio nor the sound that plays upon death seem to be affected by audio settings.

I turned the audio down to ~15% because I was watching a movie on my second monitor and was jarred when all of a sudden I die and it goes DUMMMMMM DUMMMMMMMMMM.

I'm on PC. Windows 7 64bit, i5 2500k, 6950 2gb, 8gb ram, MSI mobo w/ standard realtek audio drivers.

GOD WILL THIS THING EVER WORK. JEEZ I JUST WANNA PLAY ONCE. I WANNA KNOW WHY 47 KILLS DIANA I HAVENT EVEN SEEN THAT YET, AND IVE HAD THE GAME FROM DAY ONE. I'D ALSO LIKE TO KNOW WHY 47 REMOVES HIS BARCODE. I'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE 2011 FOR THIS, AND EVEN NOW IT LOOKS LIKE IM NOT FINDING OUT ANYTIME SOON.

I HAVE ONLY PLAYED THE GAME ONCE

(im sorry if this is not what this thread is for, but damn its so frustrating)

Read my sig damn it...!
    Ever hang a sleeping bikini clad woman off a high ledge? I have *Hitman 2. When Absolution becomes Dissolution.

Checkpoints system

I was more than a little disheartened when I learned the checkpoints only save your progress on the map and not your progress with objectives. How can it even be called a checkpoint?

For instance, If i'm working through a level and I've subdued three gaurds and hidden their bodies, when I returned to a saved checkpoint, those same gaurds are concsious again. This is especially frustrating in the Silos level when I'm trying to remain undetected.

I hope this is something that can be fixed in a patch. I consider it to be a pretty big down fall.

I liked the previous save system in the other hitman games much better. You could save at any point and just had a limited number of saves based on difficulty. Subdued characters remained subdued.

Thankyou for setting up this forum and giving us a voice.

On the Mansion level (1st level) on Contracts Mode

When I mark the chef for execution and then put sleeping pills in his pot, he tastes it, dies, and it says I killed him with my bare hands.

This just allows people to break his neck, and not go through the sneaky process of spiking the pot.

Please make it an accident.

THIS GAME CAN BE SALVAGED IN TWO STEPS...

1.DLC's of levels from previous Hitman titles, for contracts.

2.An update that allows you to load out more then one weapon for contracts.

Basically, those give the people what they want, a "Hitman" experience.

P.S. If you could bring back the brief case for the sniper rifle, I loved how he put the gun together; made me feel like a Professional.

Absolution just didn't meet the high standards that long time fans of the franchise have come to expect.

I can understand some simplification to make things a bit more appealing to the "casual gamer" (read; impatient and unwilling to adapt), and therefore more sale-able - but I think IOI has gone a bit too far this time.

My biggest gripe was the linear "on rails" levels. A decent storyline can be told through pre/post level cutscene's, briefings, and conversations between NPC's in missions themselves. Even readables if they wanna go that far. The gameplay should always take precedence over the storytelling - as the whole premise of "playing" a game is to have an enjoyable interactive experience - not to watch an interactive movie.

I am no fan of the checkpointed/segmented levels, getting from point A to B is not the essence of what the Hitman games are about. Hitman games are famed for their open level designs, your given a target and an open area which allows you to plan and execute a hit in your own way. It allows for player creativity and NEEDS to RETURN. Absolution spoonfeed's the player, and it detracted from the whole experience.

The second most annoying issue is the inventory system, magic pockets are not immersive. I have no idea why the older and more superior inventory system has been dropped in favour of "MP's". Large weapons should not just disappear down 47's trouser pocket. Part of the fun of previous Hitman games was getting your large weapon like sniper rifles past guards and into position for the hit. The Briefcase facilitated this, and made for a whole puzzle metagame in itself as you found imaginative way's to get your case past metal detectors and such.

My final issue is the rating system. Choosing to Knock-out or silently-kill a non-target enemy is a completely arbitrary, moral role-playing choice, as hiding the body negates any score penalty. I understand the need to reward all kinds of players - as enforcing one style of play is what may have alienated players who could not handle the difficulty of stealth in previous Hitman games.

The best suggestion I have seen so far is to introduce a rating system with two scales - "Stealth" and "Aggression".

• Stealthy actions like pacifying enemies, distracting and hiding bodies etc award points to the stealth scale, but subtract points from the aggression scale

• Aggressive actions such as killing non-target enemies, point shooting groups of enemies and taking the direct approach award points to the aggressive scale - but subtract points from your stealth score.

This would award players of either playstyles and can give ratings such as "Silent Assassin" as the max rating for full stealth, and something like "Grim Reaper" for max aggression.

Saying that it isn't all bad - the level challenges and contracts mode adds unprecedented replayability to the game - im going to be enjoying fan made hit's for a long time to come.

Hitman has to return to its roots for a sequel though, if the dev's read this forum then take note of your mistakes - do not make them again in a sequel.

How about this for a grievence....

TWO MONTHS after the release of this game and it's still being plagued by a GAME BREAKING corrupted save issue.

I really feel sorry for any gamers that received this as a x-mas gift. Because it's equivalent to a kick in the nuts after spending precious free time only to have your progress completely deleted.

Thumbs Down shame on you square enix/ io interactive - ea lookalikes

just for venting purposes ... i sincerely hope that the next hitman game will be a true hitman game again. with customised loadout - map not even necessary - mission and targets ... and for ***'s sake without botched assassination attempts via cutscene ... and also i would really appreciate it if it were actually possible to stay in suit only, undetected with only your target('s) dead on expert and higher difficulty ... and without ridiculously rigid timing necessity's ... to sum it up ... please DEVELOP a true HITMAN successor and not again some cheap splinter-cell-conviction-knock-off-garbage

sincerely
    an unsatisfied and ungrateful buying customer - AND FAN

PS: if its just about the money - jump on the money train and make a Hitman Blood Money on Glacier Engine 2!!!

Originally Posted by Charc0al
    I realize this is most likely by design, but the enemy AI actions being triggered by proximity to the player seems a little asinine. It gets really monotonous and takes players out of the game experience. I.e. - NPCs will always just stand around waiting for the player to get near them or go into a certain location before their action pattern gets triggered, which becomes obvious to the player after a short period of time. I've noticed that when I want to get a good rating on one of the harder difficulties, I'll find myself thinking "Oh, I need to walk to these three arbitrary locations to trigger AI walking/moving/etc so I can get through the level undetected".

In the older Hitman games, the NPCs and the world around you weren't just frozen waiting for you to walk near them to play out a series of scripted cinematic events, they behaved in a more realistic manner. This is one aspect of the game that really disappointed me. Hitman is supposed to be a sandbox assassin game, and it doesn't feel very 'sandboxy' when you're always seeing the same scripted events in the same locations all the time, on every playthrough.

I know there's very little chance of this being fixed in a future patch, but it would be nice if NPCs just went about their actions normally, rather than being completely dependent on the player to trigger them.
    I feel the exact same way.
    Doorman: Absolution. Tom Francis from, PC Gamer was 100 percent right all along: http://tinyurl.com/cqpv4wb Steam ID: Sean Rubin

I hate the disguise system, this is HITMAN, NOT SPLITER CELL.

All of my complaints have already been stated in this thread but I'd like to reiterate on one that could actually be addressed by a patch: saving. Hitman has always been about exploring levels and figuring out the best ways to complete objectives. Having a rigid checkpoint system (or forcing the player to restart the level on the highest difficulties) does not encourage exploration or experimentation. Instead, it simply adds tedium as the player is forced to replay the level over and over. The fact that I have to sit around and listen to lengthy NPC conversations before they'll start patrolling makes it even worse, as those conversations lose their charm after I've heard them a hundred times.

Add player-controlled saves. Whether it's quicksave or limited saves, let the player (on any difficulty) choose when and where they want to save. The save system should not be linked to difficulty, as forcing players to replay levels only adds tedium, not challenge. Despite the fact that Absolution plays more like Splinter Cell than Hitman, I do enjoy it. However, the fact that I have to replay every level about 100 times does dampen my enthusiasm quite a bit.

Page 6 of 9 First First ... 23456789 Last