Page 4 of 9 First First 12345678 ... Last

Thread: Vent your grievances thread

Vent your grievances thread

Not to mention the detection system is top notch in FC. You hide in tall grass and they don't see you. You dive underwater and they don't see you. The detection distance makes sense. The snipers can see you from 200 yards away but a normal soldier guy won't. The game is dope . It's actually really funny because the little marker on screen looks EXACTLY the same as absolution, but it works 100 times better. I could make an argument the disguise system is better, since the one in hitman is pretty much useless. At least you can use foliage and the environment to hide yourself in FC.

I'm sorry for bringing up a completely different game on this board... But far cry should NEVER EVER be better than hitman.

Another lie we were told is that Silent Assassin could still be achieved.....yeah on 5 levels

Originally Posted by drdooby43230
    But far cry should NEVER EVER be better than hitman.
    Far Cry 3 is certainly better than Absolution though. By leaps and bounds.
    Doorman: Absolution. Tom Francis from, PC Gamer was 100 percent right all along: http://tinyurl.com/cqpv4wb Steam ID: Sean Rubin

Sean, give it a rest.

Originally Posted by Driber
    Sean, give it a rest.
    I'm not breaking any forum rules. And I'm not flaming or attacking any members on here. I'm not cussing anybody out.

I'm being very respectful to everybody on this forum.

So give what a rest exactly?
    Doorman: Absolution. Tom Francis from, PC Gamer was 100 percent right all along: http://tinyurl.com/cqpv4wb Steam ID: Sean Rubin

Originally Posted by Sean Rubin
    So give what a rest exactly?
    The Far Cry campaign.

You think the game is much better than H:A, we get it. I don't think our members need to hear it a million times over, and at every opportunity. I see you even changed your avatar now, which I assume is meant to provoke.

Originally Posted by Driber
    The Far Cry campaign.

You think the game is much better than H:A, we get it. I don't think our members need to hear it a million times over, and at every opportunity. I see you even changed your avatar now, which I assume is meant to provoke.
    You know something. There is a whole lot of other things that I have been talking about throughout my posting history on this forum. I have 200 some odd posts on this forum, and only about 3 or 4 of those 200 some odd posts mention that game.

So I don't know why your getting so damn upset about it.

Now it would be a different story, if every single post that I have ever made in this forum talked about that game. But that is not the case at all and you know it.

Just the other day, I had made a post regarding an anti-virus program and never said one single word about that game.

And before that I have been talking about Hitman.

So 3 or 4 posts out of of my 200 some odd ones that I have made on here, bother you so extremely much?

And if you have noticed, I'm not the only one who has mentioned that game. A couple of other people have too. Plus I wasn't the one to have brought that game up in the first place to begin with. Someone else did, and I just happened to be one of the people who responded to the post.

[OT]@Sean: I think what Driber is getting at is that mentioning any other game for comparison once or twice is fair enough, but from what I am seeing alot of the recent posts in THIS thread by yourself is promoting how great FC3 is. In most forums, continual discussion of another game is considered off-topic at best.[/OT]

My impression is this thread is for discussing what is wrong with H:A, not for repetative or dawdling discussion about other games.

Originally Posted by Sean Rubin
    So I don't know why your getting so damn upset about it [...] bother you so extremely much?
    I'm not upset, nor is it bothering me extremely much. I just said "give it a rest", in case you were planning to keep at it for much longer. That's all.

rlsg correctly summed up what I meant by it and why I said it with regard to this thread. Nothing more to it than that.

Peace

Seriously, who cares about Far Cry 3? I don't want Hitman to be like that garbage.

Give me old Hitman levels via Absolution DLC please.

It's amusing that Far Cry 3 is being mentioned here as that is the game I have been playing in anticipation of the Absolution console patch. It's a great game with some great stealth mechanics and an amazing open world environment. So, I can see why it is being mentioned since those gameplay elements are what we want in a Hitman game. But I can also see why wouldn't want to derail this topic promoting another game.

Play both since both are lots of fun

I don't know Far Cry 3. I don't have the money, to buy it at the moment. But right now I see, that everything is getting more and more repetitive. All the things, we don't like about Absolution are said. Maybe we should take a deep breath now and wait for the patch, to see if things get better or not.
    47: "Names are for friends, so I don't need one."

From my playthroughs, I have a few points that if corrected Absolution would truly be great.

The checkpoint system: I have no hope for this being corrected, but It could seriously use something that's less annoying.

Disguises: Incredibly difficult to use when playing with anything above normal. You'd likely be better off just using the 47 suit since you have to avoid any and all eye-contact anyway.

Hits and levels: I personally enjoy all the levels, even if it's just going through a door; however, the lack of hits really did hurt my feelings a bit. DLC could correct this (though it'd have to be large levels and a lot of them).

WEAPONS LOADOUT: MOTHER OF GOD, JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN ALREADY. SERIOUSLY.

The point system: I understand that we should be rewarded with points by going through the levels as a Silent Assassin. Great. This game was marketed as the silent assassin being only one of the play-styles, YET I feel like i'm being punished by getting a score the moment I take out anyone other than the targeted hits. I mean, after your 3rd playthrough, you'd like to do something different, right?

Contracts mode: I find it really annoying, tbh. I don't enjoy it and I'm not sure anyone else would be jumping out of their seat for it. Could have been fun but it missed the mark for me personally.

but really guys, just make the weapons loadout happen on story-mode and I'll be happy.

Couldn't agree more, sure contracts is ok if you like picking one gun! But that limits what you can do. after all the contracts im sure he would have some contacts that can provide better gear. An all weapons, and as many as you like campaign mode should be unlocked after you beat the campaign. Imagine the gunfight in the church if you could wear the public enemy suit and the tommy gun! Perhaps show up as the priest with the absolver, could even be swat with a shotgun! A custom mode would add hours of more fun and add so many more possibilities.

There are some real -you moments in the level design.

In the Terminus hotel, if you approach a certain 8th floor window from the outside, a guard walks up to the window, and never leaves again. So to you non-lethal infiltrators, tough luck. This alternative covert approach is off limits, so you can just pretend that the route doesn't even exist, and that the game is even more linear than you previously knew.

And this part I swear was made deliberately by the level designers, to piss you off. In the very last part of the 2nd area, "Reception" in Attack of the Saints, there's a guard conveniently looking away, and another checking the bodies on the yard. The guard checking the bodies it moving around, and sitting down looking at the corpses for quite a while at a time. But the person who was in charge of the NPC patrol routes decided to be really nasty. Every time the guard checks a body, they made damn sure that he's facing directly towards the exit door. There was an opportunity for the level designers to leave there a sufficient opening for players. The route that the guard is taking would actually make sense if he sometimes looked in a direction other than the exit. The bodies are all over the place. Why does he need to be looking that way every time he checks a body in various places in the yard? -Because -you, that's why. They did that on purpose.

Can Driber respond to some of the other, valid complaints regarding the dissimilarities between Absolution and the rest of the Hitman Franchise? I personally don't really care about the context of one particular quote, or the merits of one farcry lover.

I am heartbroken that my favorite videogame franchise will never be the same, at least if the next full featured title is a sequel to Absolution.

I still play Blood Money. I thought I was waiting 6 years for a continuation of that which I loved so much. I did not read too many previews, only the game informer one about contracts which sounded promising, and that is partly my fault for getting my hopes up without all of the information. Needless to say, this Thanksgiving weekend was the biggest disappointment of my adult life. Rather than a contination, an expansion of what was so great about the previous iteration, I recieved a completely different game.

I could offer specifics as to what was so disappointing about Absolution, but having it ignored on a message board brings me no solace. So please, Driber, please respond to some of the issues raised in this topic.

Thanks,
    Heartbroken

Why me?

Because you are the one who asked us to vent here. You're asking us not to complain in other topics, so shouldn't there be some acknowledgement of our grievances here? I don't mean to direct my venom towards you, but you are the closest thing to a profiteer of Hitman Absolution who I can get to respond to these issues. I have tried twitter, but they do not allow dissent in that medium, only praise. I know forum moderator is not exactly chief executive officer, but someone needs to answer for this travesty.

Originally Posted by MoreModestThanU
    Because you are the one who asked us to vent here. You're asking us not to complain in other topics, so shouldn't there be some acknowledgement of our grievances here? I don't mean to direct my venom towards you, but you are the closest thing to a profiteer of Hitman Absolution who I can get to respond to these issues. I have tried twitter, but they do not allow dissent in that medium, only praise. I know forum moderator is not exactly chief executive officer, but someone needs to answer for this travesty.
    But he's just a mod. No offense but they have no authority to speak for the company regarding this game and they're only here to keep the peace, so to speak. That is the job of the mod on any forum; to police it.

I've noticed that Driber likes to talk back to complainers and make smart ass remarks towards the users more than most mods. So, that may be why you're expecting more of a response from him. But he still has no authority to speak for I/O and more importantly shouldn't in case he damages their reputation (even more so than it already has been from this game).

You're absolutely right. I'm just really in a funk ever since this game came out, and I want to right my mood. I think some expression of remorse from the game creators would make me feel better, but I know that this will not happen. Hitman as I knew it is dead, I have to move on. Video games are just one hobby in my life, so don't worry about me, I will get over it, but I just feel really bitter about the whole situation right now.

I have never posted on this forum before today, so I have no idea who this dude is. After reading this thread, and seeing these opinions fall on deaf ears, I see no reason to honor his request to keep venting limited to this thread. As a paying customer, I have a right to not only voice my opinion, but have it be heard and respected. I am not trolling, I am not flaming, and I don't intend to degrade or offend anyone, but the world will know my disappointment. Some day I will look back on this horrible game and laugh, but today it makes me want to cry.

Rest In Peace, 47. We'll always have Blood Money.

I just registered so i can tell my opinion about Absolution. Yesterday was my birthday and my gf bought me the game as a present for me. I was excited because she knows Hitman is my favourite video game franchise BUT when i started playing i saw some terrible things.

1st the disguise system. Ok i understand it in a way now is more realistic but this is just annoying. This doesnt seems like a Hitman game, its more like hide from everything. The new disguise system is really bad. I read somewhere they are gonna fix it a little and i am really happy about that because now everyone who has the same outfit like me can spot me from a thousand miles away in just a couple of seconds. This is not Hitman.

Does anyone knows if the patch that will fix the save game issue will fix the disguise system too?

Also the instict mode is really sucks. I hate it and even if i dont want to use it , the game forces me to do it otherwise there will be a masssacre. Still thats not Hitman.

The point system is ok but nothing special. And my game was corrupted on lvl 3. Thats the biggest issue alongside with the disguise system.

I really hope they will fix soon these things cause now i am so sad that i cannot enjoy my favourite video game series. I waited 6 years for this game and please IO dont let us down.

The proper disguise system for me it should be like this. Everyone who has the same outfit with you can spot u ( except the vendors in Chinatown , that was so wrong too ) but they will spot u if u are really close to them and they can know that u are enemy if u stay to this situation for about 5-6 sec. Or something like that

Anyway i am not whinning the only thing i want is my fav game back as it should be.

edit sorry if i have any typos , english arent my first language.

train station part in run for your life constantly being spotted tried so many different methods such as crouching, keeping instinct pressed, entering different carts still getting spotted

As The Professional pointed out - I'm not a dev. I'm just here to look after the forum and make sure it stays orderly and members follow our TOU.

So you will not see me out of my own speak on behalf of the company - that is Nick and Travis' job.

Also, I should clarify that I did not ask you folks to vent here, I gave you folks a dedicated thread to vent in if you wish to do so because most venting in other threads came combined with TOU violations and/or were completely derailing the threads and as such, I and the other mods had to delete them, leaving a number of members dissatisfied. Here, it will be much less likely that your post will be deleted.

Originally Posted by The Professional
    I've noticed that Driber likes to talk back to complainers and make smart ass remarks towards the users more than most mods.
    You are right, if people get smart with me, I sometimes return the favour. In a polite way, of course

I have never posted on this forum before today, so I have no idea who this dude is. After reading this thread, and seeing these opinions fall on deaf ears, I see no reason to honor his request to keep venting limited to this thread. As a paying customer, I have a right to not only voice my opinion, but have it be heard and respected. I am not trolling, I am not flaming, and I don't intend to degrade or offend anyone, but the world will know my disappointment.
    To clarify - I did not say that members cannot post critical opinions in threads outside of this one. They still do and we often allow them. It is only when threads get completely derailed and members start to break our rules resulting in the disruption to the purpose of the other threads when we have to step in, because this forum is not just one giant complaint-box, people are trying to have decent conversations about the game. And just like you wanting to be heard, so do they.

Originally Posted by SuperGamerCat
    train station part in run for your life constantly being spotted tried so many different methods such as crouching, keeping instinct pressed, entering different carts still getting spotted
    This took me a looooong time, too. If you need help, I can send you a PM.

@Driber: I appreciate your effort. I'm some sort of a mod in another forum and I know, how hard it is, to keep things under control, sometimes. So keep up the good work, responding to the people the way you do it.
    47: "Names are for friends, so I don't need one."

Thanks, Burnout - appreciate it

Page 4 of 9 First First 12345678 ... Last