Page 2 of 9 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: Vent your grievances thread

Vent your grievances thread

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3

    really really sad

    "20 per cent of the players will see the last level of the game. It's horrible to know. It makes the people working on it really really sad," explained director Tore Blystad.

    Now I see why!, after playing more than half the game I'm tired of all the problems that make this game fubar.
    Above said makes me really really sad.

    p.s.
    if you something you do makes you really really sad there are choices and the simplest one just quit do what you like instead , this way would be better for everyone.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Originally Posted by Larrl
    "20 per cent of the players will see the last level of the game. It's horrible to know. It makes the people working on it really really sad," explained director Tore Blystad.

    Now I see why!, after playing more than half the game I'm tired of all the problems that make this game fubar.
    Above said makes me really really sad.
    You are quoting out of context, though.

    OPM: Why will players not finish the game? Blystad explained that gamers will grow fatigued of the experience, and that the phenomenon is not limited to Hitman: Absolution.

    Tore: “I guess people can’t commit to taking all those hours to finish one product; they get tired of it," he said. "It’s not just for this game, it’s for any game.”

    source

  3. #28
    Originally Posted by Driber
    You are quoting out of context, though.

    OPM: Why will players not finish the game? Blystad explained that gamers will grow fatigued of the experience, and that the phenomenon is not limited to Hitman: Absolution.

    Tore: “I guess people can’t commit to taking all those hours to finish one product; they get tired of it," he said. "It’s not just for this game, it’s for any game.”

    source
    Yea when I saw some one had quoted that, I did google it and read the interview. Still kind of a weird thing to say though, basically seems like hes telling us that most people wont play the game to the end because they suck or cant handle it. Thats nice, blame the gamers rather than the game. Also this was before the game was even released if I'm correct so its probably some marketing ploy or just some way of getting people to take notice of the game.

    Also, "fatigued of the experience", Call of Duty and Fifa are huge games and have practically the exact same 'experience', people play those for hours on end. So what does he mean?

    Either people get bored of the same thing over and over, which we know is wrong from what I just said. Or people get bored because they dont have enough of one thing, or they want the same thing over and over again. In which case, he knowingly made a bad game? I have no idea what he even meant by that.

    Either way I think it was a silly and odd thing to say personally.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Well, the way I read it is that he simply predicted that most gamers don't have the stamina to completely finish a videogame. This makes perfect sense to me, I know plenty of casual gamers who don't bother with it.

    Keep in mind he's talking about the mainstream, though, not folks like you are me. I'm sure the vast majority of members on this forum will see that last level at one point or another.

    Originally Posted by SpotlessMind
    Thats nice, blame the gamers rather than the game.
    I read no "blame" whatsoever in that article.

  5. #30
    Originally Posted by Driber
    Well, the way I read it is that he simply predicted that most gamers don't have the stamina to completely finish a videogame. This makes perfect sense to me, I know plenty of casual gamers who don't bother with it.

    Keep in mind he's talking about the mainstream, though, not folks like you are me. I'm sure the vast majority of members on this forum will see that last level at one point or another.



    I read no "blame" whatsoever in that article.
    Ehh maybe, still think it was kind of a weird thing to say though. I think most people will finish it, I liked the storyline very much and most people I think enjoyed the plot. But I still find what he said a little odd.

  6. #31
    Originally Posted by Lockmorte
    To be clear: I can't play Hitman: Absolution because I keep experiencing your wonderful save bug, this is on topic.

    When are you going to give me a refund? I've not been able to play this 60$ game for almost a full month now. Gamestop won't give me a refund because the package is already opened. Who do I turn to? I'm sure there are other like me who are just fed up now and want their money back. That's not weird right? Who do we turn to?
    In the UK, the Citizens Advice Bureau and/or the Office of Fair Trading. Abroad, there may be other similar organisations.

  7. #32
    Originally Posted by rlsg
    In the UK, the Citizens Advice Bureau and/or the Office of Fair Trading. Abroad, there may be other similar organisations.
    You can take it back if your in the UK, I did! . Although Edios should be offering a help line now for people to return there copies for refund or credit at least!. If this was a food item or medical device it would be in field correction action or product recall by now!!?

  8. #33
    Originally Posted by dannybohy
    You can take it back if your in the UK, I did! . Although Eidos should be offering a help line now for people to return there copies for refund or credit at least!. If this was a food item or medical device it would be in field correction action or product recall by now!!?
    The sale and licensing of the vast majority of computer software is covered by a different set of regulations to food, medical, and white goods. In the case of food and medical equipment a recall is legally required if customer safety is at risk.

    Computer game software is closer to books, music, videos, and other entertainment media in terms of regulation. None of which to my knowledge have ever been recalled from customers due to production issues.

  9. #34
    Please, please, please, add a loadout for story and contracts. That is the only thing preventing me from playing it right now.
    The other issues are non-fixable, this can be patched.

    I'll even buy the DLC if you give me this.

  10. #35
    Originally Posted by rlsg
    The sale and licensing of the vast majority of computer software is covered by a different set of regulations to food, medical, and white goods. In the case of food and medical equipment a recall is legally required if customer safety is at risk.

    Computer game software is closer to books, music, videos, and other entertainment media in terms of regulation. None of which to my knowledge have ever been recalled from customers due to production issues.
    I cant say what i want to say because I am on my second infraction for speaking my mind, and i want to stick around a bit longer.

    Lets just say you have a special quality and I am sure the forums are better place for Eidos with apologists like yourself to address the balance. Your ability to take things so literally is . I am fully aware of the difference in regulations.

    Fact is I was giving a refund straight away, the store had already refunded for the same game, i get a refund if something is faulty either way, always have.

  11. #36
    Originally Posted by Striike
    Please, please, please, add a loadout for story and contracts. That is the only thing preventing me from playing it right now.
    The other issues are non-fixable, this can be patched.

    I'll even buy the DLC if you give me this.
    I think you should supply a photo of you on your knees begging.

  12. #37
    in case I get banned! HAPPY CHRISTMAS ALL!! I hope you all get to play the game properly before the Holidays! .

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Originally Posted by dannybohy
    I cant say what i want to say because I am on my second infraction for speaking my mind
    Wrong, and you know it.

    Originally Posted by dannybohy
    in case I get banned! HAPPY CHRISTMAS ALL!!
    Merry Christmas!

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    135
    Originally Posted by KleanZlate
    But the question is if too much time was spent adding in the voice of Bateson and chopping down Saints scenes instead of working on tweaks for the final release. Maybe the beta testing was good but the devs were too busy trying to please the core fan base.
    where is your question? I'll assume the last paragraph was your question and I'll answer you.

    Even if they took time to fix audio for bateson (their fault for not including him from the beginning, I followed that story and Bateson said he wanted the job) and the saints issue as well...don't you think they should be really keen on making sure the game has no flaws? Since what they wanted is to please the core fans of course.

    One more thing...Bateson was added at the end, that means the game was already done and tested. So no excuse there for all these bugs and problems.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16
    Splinter Cell Conviction > Absolution.

    Thats how ty absolution is.

    What a deathknell in the face of 47.

    an absolute disgrace of a HITMAN GAME. otherwise 8/10 if it was named Splinter Cell: Conviction 2 .

    "IF"

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3

    I will never buy a hitman game after this (read post)

    First of all while we are all waiting for a proper patch to fix this game, you are working on awful apps like this. http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/12/...otes-bullying/

    Promoting bullying. Great job. Can't wait till a lawsuit kicks in. Haven't you guys even read about the trends this year. Yeah its anti bullying, and yet you are promoting, and yes I know you have pulled it already, but the damage has been done. Shame on you. I will not be buying the next hitman title, and I will not be playing this one anymore. You have dug yourselves a grave you will not get out of this time.

    R.I.P hitman

  17. #42
    You wont be buying a hitman game because of a tiny mistake they fixed that had almost no ties to the actual product?
    and they did say they were gonna fix it in some way ><

    and who cares if you wont buy it your problem man :P

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    11
    Let’s all highlight the idiosyncracies and physical traits that people we profess to be friends with might have insecurities about.
    Either myself and everyone I know are terrible human beings or... this is what friends do anyway?

    Much like the nuns "controversy" I think this is being blown way out of proportion; people can talk to one another easily enough, they can bully one another if the mood takes them, I don't see how this encourages that any more than the game encourages players to kill people in reality...

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3
    Originally Posted by Nerdage
    Either myself and everyone I know are terrible human beings or... this is what friends do anyway?

    Much like the nuns "controversy" I think this is being blown way out of proportion; people can talk to one another easily enough, they can bully one another if the mood takes them, I don't see how this encourages that any more than the game encourages players to kill people in reality...
    Tell me that next time they have a mass shooting in the US. A game is one thing, bullying is another thing.

  20. #45
    I don't think they meant to promote bullying, it was just a byproduct of what was either a bad idea, or a PR stunt. it shouldn't reflect on the game in anyway. Which begs the question, who do it at all?

    The thing i didn't like about it - is it makes the Hitman franchise seem comical or silly, and I don't think it should ever be portrayed that way myself.
    My client also wanted me to make sure the picture is the LAST thing you see. Please look at the picture, Mr. Clarence. -47

  21. #46
    Adverse publicity draws in a lot of attention. Maybe that was the aim. I didn't see the app, I rarely use facebook, but facebook is for social networking amongst friends. I like to have a laugh with my friends and the app might have been a bit of fun, there is a difference between banter and bullying.

    But on facebook, why would you be friends with people who bully you when you can delete them and set your profile to private. If people have insecurities and make themselves easily exploitable, who's fault is that? People bring things on themselves and look for others to blame.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    11
    Originally Posted by sickofthis
    Tell me that next time they have a mass shooting in the US. A game is one thing, bullying is another thing.
    I'll always give you the same answer; if someone sees a tool like this and decides to use it to bully others, then firstly that's their responsibility and their fault, and secondly they could've done the same thing in any number of different ways.

    Someone punches someone else while wearing gloves, do you blame the gloves? They could just have easily not worn gloves, but then where's the convenient scapegoat? Bullying is its own problem, nothing to do with this, but then again games are always the scapegoat.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3
    Originally Posted by Driber
    Wrong, and you know it.



    Merry Christmas!

    Just make another account. The admins on here are *** nazis.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    raus!

  25. #50
    Originally Posted by SpotlessMind
    A large portion of people feel frustrated and disappointed by your game anyway, a lot of companies would (and have in the past) release some free DLC to smooth it over. But so far, not you guys, just keep making them pay for a single suit, or a single gun...
    I agree totally.
    Doorman: Absolution. Tom Francis from, PC Gamer was 100 percent right all along: http://tinyurl.com/cqpv4wb Steam ID: Sean Rubin

Page 2 of 9 First First 123456 ... Last