Thread: AVG says hma.exe is infected

AVG says hma.exe is infected

AVG says hma.exe is infected

Since yesterday I cant start the game, I had to add an exception in AVG antivirus. The game was working perfectly since launching game until yesterday.

Same here...
    Win32/Heur
    My AVG Resident Shield says I have two infections but might just be the program running on different process IDs.
    Guess one way to temporarily solve this is to remove threat, add an exception to the resident shield and then open Steam and fix the installation to get exe file back

AVG isn't good... like Avira Anit vir, use Windows Essentials, then u havent this problems
    Best Hitman: Absolution Review ever

Originally Posted by CyCroniCa
    Same here...
    Win32/Heur
    My AVG Resident Shield says I have two infections but might just be the program running on different process IDs.
    Guess one way to temporarily solve this is to remove threat, add an exception to the resident shield and then open Steam and fix the installation to get exe file back
    Will there be a patch? I just bought the game and cannot play it! Bummer!!!

I'll preface this by saying that I'm not a developer but I think the problem lies with AVG incorrectly detecting the file as a virus. So it would be best to contact AVG so they can fix this.

after setting AVG to ignore Hitman files, I cannot download the exe file from Steam. When I try to start up H:A I get the message Game Files Corrupt. Then it exits.

Can you make the patch available direct download? Then I'd be able to do the installation manually, adding the file to AVGs ignore list on the way.

Okay, just wanted to lewt you know that the glitch can be avoided by first uninstal H:A, add the rule to AVG and then re-install.

Just disable Resident Shield!

i never again use AVG, it is worst antivirus, they usually conflict/false positive with some newer game ...

Originally Posted by RedH1tman
    AVG isn't good... like Avira Anit vir, use Windows Essentials, then u havent this problems
    How is Microsoft Security Essentials compared to Webroot Secure Anywhere?

Is it just as good? Does it scan for rootkits?

( I use Webroot Secure Anywhere, but it often conflicts with some programs I use).
    Doorman: Absolution. Tom Francis from, PC Gamer was 100 percent right all along: http://tinyurl.com/cqpv4wb Steam ID: Sean Rubin