Thread: PC Patch Released - November 30th 2012

PC Patch Released - November 30th 2012

How much of free space does this update need? I had like 6gigs of free space, and I had to free another 10gigs lol and it still gave me 10MB of free space on harddrive..

Thanks for this patch. I will try it soon.
    It's good we can skip those intros now. I hope you fixed my freeze issues.
    I approve those fast patches.

Edit: Played for about 40 minutes, no freezes yet.

Edit 2: Got a freeze crash now. That's disappointing.

Originally Posted by Nixxes
    - Problems with the Sniper Challenge Unlocks not carrying over into Hitman: Absolution have been addressed. On first starting the patched game you will receive your unlocks.
    I love you Nixxes

thx u for patch

- DirectX 10 hardware can now enable the simplest version of the Depth Of Field effect.
    Been meaning to ask, what exactly is "Depth Of Field"?

What does it do?
    Doorman: Absolution. Tom Francis from, PC Gamer was 100 percent right all along: http://tinyurl.com/cqpv4wb Steam ID: Sean Rubin

I can't download the patch on steam. I'm from Germany so Steam is in german, but I chose the English installation of Hitman. Now it says "Update stopped" (Update angehalten). If I click on "Contiune Update" (Update fortsetzen) it says "Update needed" (Update benötigt) and after a few seconds it changes back to "Update stopped".

Help!

edit/ Found it. Not enough space. Deinstalling Max Payne 3 now.
    47: "Names are for friends, so I don't need one."

Originally Posted by h4x3r101
    Where is the fix for the train bug?!! In run for your life once you board the train you always get spotted during the cut-scene!! A challenge cannot be completed because of that...
    Actually you can complete every challenge. You can't get optimal score though. That annoys me too, I was hoping they'd fix this...

Originally Posted by Sean Rubin
    Been meaning to ask, what exactly is "Depth Of Field"?

What does it do?
    It's used in all types of media from films to photography. In this game it's most noticeable when you dump a body into a bin. 47, the bin, and the body are in perfect focus (but the background is blurred out). It's mainly used as a focus tool so your eyes ignore everything but the most important details. In a film this is most likely an actors face. Depth of field is the blur mechanic, as almost everything should be in focus (in reality) if you have good eyes. Some people hate it in video games for obvious reasons. The most common complaint is that the blur removes detail and they would prefer everything be crisp.

Originally Posted by skomand
    This update broke my game. Steam is now saying the game files are unavailable. And my antivirus says the main .exe is infected with Win32/Heur.

It was running perfectly an hour ago.
    Originally Posted by Burnout
    Steam can check the game for broken files. Did you try that?
    Same here, on AVG2013. Steam has not detected anything. So what should i do? I dont want a virus on my brand-new laptop but i also wanna play HMA

the game only launches if i disable my antivirus - can we expect an update to fix this? thanks.

the game only launches if i disable my antivirus - can we expect an update to fix this? thanks.
    But no signs of a virus on your PC yet? ^^

HUD interface fix ?

its not something for us to `fix` technically, the virus definitions need to be updated to accept the file.. i BELIEVE on most antivirus programs you can say a file is `safe` this info then gets passed back to the AV company who update their systems.. We have NO ability to change their workflow for this
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Just wanted to give a big thank you to the guys at Nixxes. You guys have been doing an amazing job, what with the new Hitman and Human Revolution--keep up the great work

Thanks guys will try after work. Hopefully the disguise improvements will be next on the list.
    My client also wanted me to make sure the picture is the LAST thing you see. Please look at the picture, Mr. Clarence. -47

omg i bought a cracked version o.O

Originally Posted by sukinsin88
    HUD interface fix ?
    Yes does it fix "No Interface / HUD " problem?

The HUD interface fix is still in the works, but will probably make it into the next patch. Sorry it didn't make it into this one.

Originally Posted by Nixxes
    Square Enix, IO Interactive, and Nixxes are making a first patch (1.0.438.0) available for Hitman: Absolution on PC.

To get the patch, simply start up the game, Steam will automatically update you to the latest version.

This patches provides the following improvements:

- Players using the Russian language will no longer crash as soon as they use the sniper rifle.
    - Various issues that have been seen on specific configurations that caused the game to not be able to start up at all have been addressed.
    - Problems with the Sniper Challenge Unlocks not carrying over into Hitman: Absolution have been addressed. On first starting the patched game you will receive your unlocks.
    o Note that North American users that have been provided the Sniper Challenge by Gamestop will need a separate unlock key in addition to this. Gamestop can provide these.
    - Problems with negative level-scores have been fixed. Newly accomplished positive scores will be needed to erase your incorrectly remembered negative scores.
    - A problem with keyboard and mouse controls where users would accidentally melee attack a person next to them when they intended to throw an item has been addressed.
    - Legal and Intro movies can now be skipped immediately on startup after the game, on all launches but the very first on a machine.
    - DirectX 10 hardware can now enable the simplest version of the Depth Of Field effect.
    - Problems with audio occasionally being muted after ALT-TAB have been fixed.
    - Various localization fixes.
    - Miscellaneous other stability and general improvements based on crashes we have seen coming in.

Note that the above is really just our first set of fixes. We are continuing to monitor things and expect to provide further patches in the future.

We hope this patch will help everyone enjoy Hitman: Absolution!
    Fantastic. That's why I can't play Absolution anymore, and seems to indicate I can't play Absolution until my internet resets.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Die Hard
    It's used in all types of media from films to photography. In this game it's most noticeable when you dump a body into a bin. 47, the bin, and the body are in perfect focus (but the background is blurred out). It's mainly used as a focus tool so your eyes ignore everything but the most important details. In a film this is most likely an actors face. Depth of field is the blur mechanic, as almost everything should be in focus (in reality) if you have good eyes. Some people hate it in video games for obvious reasons. The most common complaint is that the blur removes detail and they would prefer everything be crisp.
    Thank you so much, Die Hard.
    Doorman: Absolution. Tom Francis from, PC Gamer was 100 percent right all along: http://tinyurl.com/cqpv4wb Steam ID: Sean Rubin

Great with the intro fix.
    Now make me able to remove the UI so I can continue playing the game!

And also please make so that the player have less hitpoints in all modes but the easiest ones (or make some kind of setting for it in a .ini file or whatever). Feels kinda weird that you can take 5-12 magnum blasts while the enemies die in 3-4 hits of anything or 1 hit from a brick. I really don't survive at all in hardest mode because the enemy sees me all the time.. but in all other modes I am a friggin tank.

I would like to hear a clear answer to my question from someone from Eidos:
    Will we ever see any tweak to the disguises system in Absolution?
    It is the 1st time ever for me to not want to replay the Hitman game after finishing it.

I can understand that the enemies are able to see through your disguise when you are near them (how it was in every other Hitman game), but how are they able to see through it when you are standing on one side of the big map and the enemy on the other (ex. first Hope Town mission where you're killing Lenny's gang)?
    Disguises in this Hitman game when compared to earlier installments in the series, are completely useless aside of changing 47's default clothes. The most awesome feature of every Hitman game, up until Absolution, was always the disguise system which now is completely out of place.

The game overall is AWESOME but it is very sad that the major feature of the series was pretty much destroyed and lost its purpose .

Is it possible to add an animation for npc's to get up some time after being syringed with a sedative, or when the sedated body is discovered by another npc?

Whats the point in using non lethal techniques if the guards you use them on act exactly as if they are dead! Come on this can be patched... I'd be very grateful of a yes or no answer from Nixxes on this one.

[PC steam version] have BUG - target doesn't have 'dead/pain animation' when kill him with fireworks, he just standing still, still not fix yet...

There is a new problem. After the new patch on Steam (~ 300 MB), I don't see "Direct X error => CTD" anymore. But there is a problem that the game randomly get freeze then CTD immediately. It's very annoying. I completed the game once now I want to replay it but I got a lot of freezes and CTD even in new patch. Help!

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last