Page 2 of 7 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: *Official* Top 5 good and bad

*Official* Top 5 good and bad

First of all, I think it’s a great game. But I think it has a lot more potential. Sorry about the 12 bad points, but I feel they should all be mentioned.

The good:
    1 Conversations of NPC’s are interesting, and don’t get repeated.

2 Action has become a lot better. NPC’s are no longer so stupid that they all come running right into your line of fire. I’ve even heard them say: “Wait till he runs out” or, “Let him come to us, then well get him”. That's just *** awesome, no other words for it.

3 Reactions of NPC’s are more lifelike. For instance, if you manage to change cover unnoticed, you can flank the enemy. Really like that option.

4 Many ways to kill the target. As it should be.

5 Contracts mode, it’s nice to finally be rewarded for taking out non-target NPC’s.

6 Music still sound great.

7 NPC's don't immedialtely start shooting you if you in a restricted area.

The bad:

1 Disguises have become almost useless. Say goodbye to hiding in plain sight, which I f-ing loved to do. NPC should not be able to recognize you from the other side of a parking lot. They can even see me in a shadowy corner wearing nothing but black. A 4 meter “notice area” should be more than enough.

2 I can no longer close doors, would a Hitman really leave the door open when he’s strangling someone? While your at it, bring back watching through keyholes, that option would be a great substitute for Instinct. Now you often have to use instinct to figure out if someone is standing right in front of the door.

3 Throwing stuff has become a much too important part of the game.

4 Subduing one guard is rewarded with about half a bar of Instinct, but sneaking past 15 isn’t, making the moments where you have to blend in impossible, even though you did a “silenter” job.

5 In contracts mode, I’m not allowed to subdue the target. (Haven’t tried it in the story mode yet) This might not seem like a big issue, but I had a contract on the chef in the first level. So I thought, I’ll just subdue him and push him of the ledge. That’s no longer possible, because my only option is to snap his neck.

6 Where are the syringes? I really liked poisoning someone’s coffee or whatever, it opened up a lot of options. I know about the rat poison and fugu fish, but I want to be able to kill my target with poison in every level.

7 Purist mode requires a disproportionate amount of luck, no matter how skilled you are. Especially in the metro level.

8 I’ve had a few instances where I’ve been spotted even though I was behind a wall.

9 Contracts mode isn't really about being a better assassin than your opponent, it's about being faster. Also, there's no reward for being a Silent Assassin. I did a Contract where I killed 2 target. The guy who gave the contract got spotted, I did not. Still, I got a lower score because it took me a little longer.

10 I think there should be a penalty if a body is found. Assassins don't leave traces. (Well, unless they are called Ezio)

11 I also think you should bring back the "old" saving system on the easier difficulties. I want to be able to decide for myself at what point I want to save. Now it's just about walking from checkpoint A to B in the lower difficulties.

12 I can understand why you took the briefcase out, (throwing stuff) but at least bring it back in the next game. Just let 47 hold the briefcase in his left hand and let him throw stuff with his right. Problem solved, if you'd ask me. (It'll probably be not that simple when programming it, but there's just got to be a way.)

I hope you'll take into consideration these points from someone who has been waiting 6 years for this and has been a fan for much longer.

Pro's

1) Absolutely goregous looking game. Port to PC (if it was a port) was done very nicely. Game is just beautiful to look at.
    2) Dynamic music, there have been moments when the musical score, and what is taking place on screen is truely immersive.
    3) I guess I am one of the few that truely welcome what was attempted with instinct/disguises. I enjoy the older games formula, but I also really like what they attempted to do here. Is it perfect? No not in the least, but I do like the change of pace it adds when trying to get to my mark. The older method worked, but at times it could be way to easy to run around undetected. As I said, I am one of the few that really does not feel this system is broken to the point of needing to be removed, and at the same time I am concerned that changes could make this feature broken to the point of being way to easy essentially sending us back to the old formula.
    4) Story/voice acting are very top notch. From converstations between NPC's to just the way a NPC approaches you when they are suspicious. Its great, and very immersive. I am not finished yet with the game, but so far I find the plot interesting. Unless something gets really bad down the road, I think I will enjoy the story line here.
    5) Great kills. Whether I am trying really hard for silent assasin and finally get my kills, or whether I blow my attempt for silent assasin and just brute force my way through in a blaze of glory...the action is very good. Going on a rampage in this game is pretty cinematic.

Con's

1) The attention to detail is in a lot of places in Absolution, but the attention to detail that I have grown to love with some of the earlier games are gone. I hate to be a stickler for the small things, but I miss the animations for 47 brandishing or holstering his weapons. Along with this, the missing sniper rifle case. I can see how this might come up during development discussions, that this can be cut out/not important to gameplay....but I am not going to lie....I really really miss these two things. If there was a way to get them back in I would strongly urge that it happen. I would settle for just the sniper case!
    2) The removal of the push anywhere option. This option had a lot of potential for accidents. Currently stairwell confrontations are a bit wonky. I can't seem to get a fiber wire context que, and instead always end up in hand to hand with my target. Not really what i wanted, and something that could be solved with a simple push.
    3) Not really a fan of this mark and shoot tactic. So far I have managed not to use this at all, and if I can go the whole game not using it then this complaint is minor.
    4) Save points seem broken to me. Example, on the Terminus Hotel stage, after sneaking down into the basement I got a maintenance uniform of some kind...prior to this I was wearing a henchman outfit. Went up the elevator which I guess becomes a save point of sorts, perhaps not. After a few tries and fails I shut down the game. Later that day I contiue the mission, and it shows me going up the elevator....and now I arrive back upstairs with henchman outfit on, not the maintenance uniform. Not sure if was suppose to work this way, but immediately you are right there facing a bunch of gaurds who begin getting suspicous pretty fast. This seems a bit broken, if so I did not like it.
    5) I do not like the fact that throwing knives can only be done at the head, any aim not at the head is more of a toss than I lethal kill move. I can live with this but do not like it.

either way its a great game. I am hoping some dlc can expand it even more.

Good:

1. Movement & 'sticky walls', also different attack animations(attack styles) for same weapon are awesome and deepen the gameplay
    2. Weapons feel satisfying to use, Sniper Rifle is excellent
    3. NPC conversations are great
    4. Graphics and Sound are satisfying
    5. Contracts Mode is great

Bad:

1. Too much 'quicktime actions', I want to push/punch whenever I want
    2. I can't close doors and why are they closing automatically? What is the reason? Also, I wan't to switch lights on/off.
    3. Too much story sacrificing variety in missions. Levels should be more complex and bigger. Why no traffic anywhere?
    4. I don't want 47 to carry large weapons inside his coat. He needs to carry them in his hands or put inside his case. Also, weapon hides like the ICA boxes from Blood Money should be there.
    5. The A.I. is sometimes unfair: The A.I. shoots through crowds of people. The A.I. goes into suspicious mode and just stands there for a very long time(doing nothing) when they should be performing their patrol. Many NPC's do this in the game.

Originally Posted by hype
    Just registered to make my comments...

Good.

1. Agent 47 is back
    2. Great graphics
    3. Shooting mechanics are great
    4. Quality voice acting
    5. Good story (so far)

Bad

1. Checkpoints. Awful, just awful. Returning to your last checkpoint to find all enemies have respawned is baffling. Limited saves on Blood Money was perfect, allowed for trial-and-error gameplay without making it too easy.
    2. Disguise system. Way too precious. I shouldn't be spotted from 100 yards away while standing with my back to the enemy. I might as well just leave my suit on most of the time, which ruins it for me. For what it's worth I've always hated Splinter Cell type stealth games...
    3. Levels seem a little linear, realise this can't be changed now.
    4. Scripted events. Some, yes, but way too many of them for my liking.
    5. Instinct. Another big one I know, but bring back a straight forward map, which along with a decent disguise system would fix everything.

Thanks for listening.
    What he said, although I'd move two elements of his list:

Shooting mechanics --> Bad

Instinct --> Good

The Good

1) Graphics are amazing, Frame-Rate dips are very rare, maybe 5 in 20 hours. Everything is awesome about the graphics. The world, living breathing, character builds, etc.

2) Voice-Acting - Keith Carradine as Dexter is unbelievable, so is Bateson. and small talks are very very interesting to hear to say the least, like the prison guy you can peak into to hear his story.

3) Contracts Mode is good, it gives more options to replay the same level.

4) Cover System with Instinct to see through wall is great feature (not for blending in)

5) Some Jaw-Dropping change of pace moments (Desert Level end of the road & killing skurky in the church) Great change of pace & Jaw-Dropping graphics.

THE BAD

1) Absolutely MINIMAL SANDBOX levels, only (Hope, Blackwater, King of Chinatown, Terminus to an extent feel like Sandbox.

2) Game is too LINEAR (Game-Breaker) , in stages (WHY WHY WHY), why not 1 HUGEEEEE Sandbox Level VS 5 stages of FORCING players from A to B.

3) Disguise system (Game-Breaker) is totally broken, Where are masks when you change into a disguise with a mask. Why do cops recognise each other by heart. Guards, etc.

4) LOADOUTS can't be choosen from the Start (This is a HITMAN Game-Breaker)

5) Checkpoints system instead of SAVE-SYTEM (Game-Breaker) again.

THE UGLY

1) NO JESPER KYD MUSIC. The game is LIFELESS without his music
    2) No Huge Sandbox Levels

To be honest I can't choose just 5 top good things the majority of the game as a whole is great and in my opinion easily a GOTY award nominee and with the bad things I hear about Mass Effect 3, possibly winner.

Some things I think should be added or tweaked.

There should be some form of AI chain of command. Such as if in Reception I throw and object near a guard and a Saint, the guard should not tell the Saint to go check it out.

In Contracts mode, there should be a tournament option for players and a class or ranking system so that the better players can play against each other and vice versa, also with the class system there should be level systems for the class so if I want to try out missions doing full assaults instead of my usual sneaking, killing, and hiding the body I can also do that.

Also in contracts mode there should be more than just five mission parameters, Killed every NPC, Only head shots, without firing a shot, not using Point Shooting, Not using instinct etc.

There should also be user profiles and statistics that you can access by highlighting a users name and hitting a button... for example if I see someone on a leader board did better than me or had a score close to mine I should be able to look at their profile and see what other missions they did so I can try and beat their scores on other contracts.

Also there should be some form of bonuses like in the Sniper Challenge for kill streaks and head shots etc.

I didn't see an Official Suggestion section stickied so I just made them here... Thank you for your time reading this and your time in making one of the best games I have ever played...

(Didn't feel like talking about the disguise or check points system since I hardly use either and everyone else has already brought it up)

The Good:
    - Story
    - Shooting mechanism
    - A lot of ways to eliminate someone (compared to previous games)
    - Variaty of melee- and ranged weapons + upgrades.
    - Very detailed maps.

The Bad:
    - The Disguise system. Forces me to be stealthy most of the time, kinda kills the idea of using a disguise especially in contracts mode.
    - Contracts mode feels a lot like the story. I still feel like I am on the run and there is no agency providing me the tools I need but they do manage to provide me with contracts?
    - Lack of map in contracts mode makes it hard to put up a plan, I still feel like I need to improvise a lot like in the story.
    - Levels in contracts mode feel a lot like the story, would be nice with contract unique levels that are in no way connected to the levels from the story. Maybe try brining back some of the maps from previous games?
    - Not being able to select a proper list of tools in contracts mode really ruins it for me.

Overall: The game is great but I am having a hard time getting myself to play the game due to the above mentioned issues. Contracts mode just doesn't feel like a contract, we need the tools!

Good points:-
    1. Puzzles - some of the stealth/accident set-ups are really quite cunning and well thought out
    2. Story - not completed it yet but like the general ghist of it (shame it is very linear and scripted though)
    3. Game play - nice mechanics in general (could do with some improvement in places though)
    4. Disguises - nice touch (would be nice if any target's clothes could be used as a disguise - with some obvious exceptions of course)
    5. Hints - great for the casual players (but more of them would be nice such as wrt disguises)

Bad points:-
    1. Checkpoint save does not work as it should. Kill-zone preps reset, people positions reset, etc.
    2. Stability - CTD on a PS3? Has software quality really deteriated that much???
    3. Controller accuracy - Too easy to overshoot/undershoot target points using the stick on PS3
    4. Third person targetting - When in "point shot" mode would be better if it went first person
    5. Lack of first person view option when free roaming (effectivly first person view when peeking/sniping)

My 5 things I would like to see. (ill admit not my ideas but they are good)

1We all know the campaign, and contract mode, but i think a custom campaign mode where you can choose all the weapons, and suits you purchased would make the game more interesting. Every time you play the possibilities would multiply. Also if contract mode is down at least you will be able to use your dlc material. Just like contract mode you would have to finish the campaign to unlock it. I like the idea of starting off the campaign with poison needles, the tommy gun, katanas etc.

2 Could even make a spin off for contract mode, and call it crazy contracts, instead of another player picking the contracts make the game pick them at random . You would still choose your kit, but with the option of a weapon for every category. 47 is an assassin, shouldn't be forced to start off with weapons not suitable for your style of gameplay.

3 I also wish they would bring back the toolbox and those black landmines that you could hide in the toolbox, made for some well planned kills. Also instead of bringing back the suitcase, maybe make it a backpack, that would allow you to climb etc. without the crazy look of a man holding a suitcase trying to climb into a window etc. It would operate just like the suitcase but you could also store more weapons in it. This could be a way to pick your kits before the mission also imagine a c4 backpack ready to be dropped wherever you want without suspicion, that you could detonate from anywhere.

4 Police officers using tazers or batons when your unarmed, if caught they put you in a cell or a guarded room like the campaign.

5 more lighter uses, maybe light a gas can? a person? throw your lighter so if theres anything explosive nearby you can set it off without shooting.

5 things that need fixing

1 lights and doors

2 save points

3 more weapons and the ability to use all upgrades instead of three, after playing the sniper challenge i feel robbed.

4 less suspicion on the guards they can spot you a mile away

5 qte yes they look great but its based on ( x ) change it to ( a ) sometimes you mess up trying to fiber wire and start a qte blowing your cover

good and bad top 5

basicly i expected an hitman blood money legacy,
    if i think about the legacy of this game
    good
    1 environement (life and world concept)
    2 story
    3 interaction with world
    4 secrets and challange
    5 contract mode

draw: be reconized cant be cool but at the end disguise become useless cause allways too much poeple reconised you, just one or two in the level should be enough

bad
    1 scoring
    2 miss all new features from blood money (new paper, choose your weapon befor starting mission, no map, sniper case,weapon upgrade,)even in contract mode
    3 twisted mind cops (they shoot you are first, with people around, dont care about your hostage and kill him?????? realy???)
    4 only sneaking mission... boring..
    5 use diguises is useless

GOOD
    1. Bringing David Bateson back.
    2. Contracts.
    3. Numerous ways of approaching hits.
    4. Precision aiming.
    5. Kane and Lynch as killable NPCs, clever reference.

BAD
    1. Disguise system - discovery time and range are way too small. I've heard rumours of a patch fix - it would vastly improve the game.
    2. Checkpoint system - completely broken, sometimes hard to find. Bring back manual saving like Blood Money for future games?
    3. Inventory is nonsensical. Bring back sniper cases, large weapons in crates, pre-mission loadouts and holsterable weapons!
    4. Dialogue/characters got a little too 'bad taste' at times - stuff like the Meat King level from Contracts knew what to play seriously and what was funny, Dexter and Wade became a lil' overbearing.
    5. Victoria should've been more vocal. She became a McGuffin whereas her main menu speech showed how much promise was in the character.

Gotta add one more... no selectable melee weapons in Contracts? Starting out a level with a syringe or a knife and so on would be amazing.

As an aside... the cutting of the barcode didn't make sense. Whilst it served as a cool image, it doesn't have any functional purpose (it could still be read), Diana's death shouldn't have triggered it and it destroyed one of the games key motifs. But oh well. The scarred barcode if done subtly could look better.

TOP 5 GOOD

1. The Living Breathing World / Scripting

-The conversations and expansive dialogue of the NPCs are phenomenal and truly bring out the humanity in the game. Excellent to see interaction patterns between characters when they discover something or heard a noise or detect something's wrong.

- The crowd system is the best in a game thus far. The reactions and personalities truly emphasize the realism of a public area which you can adapt to. Also the fact that you are able to actually interact (attack, human shield, bump into them) with each and everyone of them is amazing.

- The voice actors, without a doubt, nailed each of their characters and delivered their lines with a sense of life. The motion capture adds a great layer of realism and the film-like feeling as well.

2. Agent 47 / His abilities

- The bald killer has never looked so badass. His facial expressions, his walk, his stance, the way he holds his weapons. His character is well-detailed and keeps the tradition of his qualities.

- The weapon / bare-handed assassinations are brutal. 47's fighting & weapon attack animations feel very satisfying.

- Though it isn't something we haven't seen, 'Point Shooting' is a beautiful addition to Hitman Absolution. Watching 47 rapidly shoot down NPCs and explosive objects, with a slow motion Max-Payne style close-up camera from different angles along with the rag-doll effects, is truly epic.

- David Bateson. That is all.

3. Sounds/Music/Sfx

- The movement sounds effects, voices, and weapons sounds are almost top-notch. It's spectacular especially through headphones or surround sound speakers.

- The music synced with the action or suspense in the game is well-suited. It definitely keeps up with the pace. The near-by entity 'heartbeat' sound effects trickle the hairs as well.

4. Contracts Mode

- The ability to create your own missions within the game is an amazing idea, and can only hope the developers expand on it. Very well thought out.

- Loving the conditions, weapon and disguise recordings for each contract that ties into your payment and score for the different leaderboards.

- Weapon upgrades and purchases are are great welcome back to the series.

5. Graphics

- The game looks beautiful. The lighting, the character detail, the environments are mastered with detailed. Excellent.

TOP 5 BAD

1. The Disguise System

- Disguises (especially for a game) should be fun for players. Not frustrating. It almost seems as if you can get detected wearing a disguise as fast as just wearing the suit and tie in a hostile area, whether you're close, medium or far away from the enemy.

- Disguises should allow the player to walk freely around the NPCs with similar disguises (which are mostly guards) without having to deal with the detection arrow stretching swiftly to the point that you're caught and there's nothing you can do. Unless you get too close, that's when the suspicion arrow should begin.

- Give the disguises more power, instead of having the player to rely on 'Instinct' to blend in, which we don't have much of in the first place.

2. Level Sizes

- Many stages are way too claustrophobic. Not enough rooms, doors, ladders, pathways, elevators, staircases, outdoor as well as indoor approaches, ledges, climbable objects, tunnels, hiding spots...etc. The levels do, indeed, still have choice of approach. But not many at all. There are very few levels that do feel like the traditional Hitman level size, don't get me wrong. But overall, many do not and it just feels like another Splinter Cell Conviction.

- Leave the point A to point B levels for Call of Duty, Spinter Cell, or Max Payne.

- It tops the cake of how restricted you are when closing a destination door and locking it behind you, forcing you to move forward through another linear experience. The Hitman series was never like this.

- Even with some of the big crowded areas, there are still not many places you can go. It tricks the mind in thinking there is plenty of freedom but when you look closely, you feel trapped.

3. A.I Detection System

- The NPCs turn out to be psychic when someone gets shot down around them. Even when the player is in cover with a silencer and the other enemys' backs are turned, they will detect that 47 shot the NPC down, what disguise he's wearing and know exactly where he is in the level. Not cool.

- The NPCs should look around and scout areas instead of the automatic detection and hostility that don't even sync their line of sight with the obstacles that 47 is hiding behind.

- The NPCs often shoot at the wall or the opposite direction until they oddly turn around to aim at your position. It's awkward.

4. Story / Plot

- Without giving any spoilers, the storyline was utterly pointless, from beginning to end. As great as it was to see 47 in cut scenes and to watch the crazy interesting characters for entertainment, I gathered nothing from the story when I finished. Thus disappointed that the game had to step-back from the style of the previous games to wrap around this plot which left a bitter taste in my mouth.

- Agent 47 should never have a personal story. He is who he is and that's all we need. He does his job and is does it professionally. Gameplay is the most important element. Let him kill people. Let him be a HITman. Not run from cops to save a little girl.

5. Disloyalty To The Fans

- 99.9% of the true Hitman fans since Blood Money NEVER asked for a story-driven Hitman game that takes a completely different route.

• We loved the ICA mission briefings.

• We loved the massively open and free levels with different floors (hostile and non-hostile) rooms and HUNDREDS of ways to create our own adventure to assassinate the target(s).

• We loved our ICA load-out. Choosing our own weapons, having our own remote mines, poisonous syringes, binoculars, and customizalbe upgrades before each campaign mission.

• We loved the non-magic pockets which allowed the player to carry sniper rifles in concealed suitcases, and think twice about picking up shotguns, assault rifles, and other bigger weapons because we COULDN'T holster them

• We loved to throw our own weapons, coins, and non-melee items that can still harm NPCs on impact.

• We loved closing doors ourselves, picking locks WITHIN the level, and turning off lights to piss off the NPC.

• We loved climbing elevator hatches and strangling NPCs from above.

• We loved SAVING the game, with everything that has happened loaded exactly as it was. (Not checkpoints)

• We loved pushing people at anytime: to the floor, out of human shields, down the stairs, into pools and over more railings.

• We loved the first person view switch. Both perspectives had quality.

• We loved the holstering animations. Putting back your pistols into your suit and pulling out the SMG. Putting back the SMG into your jacket and then pulling out the syringe. Assembling the sniper rifle after pulling out the parts from the case and vice-versa.

(What happened to these animations. Now it's just automatically-in-your-hand, most of the time. Sometimes 47 does some sort of weapon grab but it's still poorly executed.)

- The developers seemed to have ditched most of what we loved about the previous games to make a painfully linear, point A to point B, claustrophobic, story-driven game that barely even has any campaign levels where you actually assassinate targets on your own. Who's idea was this?

Good:

1. Graphics are amazing
    2. Nice design of the levels
    3. Finally a new game with our favourite assassin.
    4. Creative ways to kill targets
    5. Lots of stuff to do (challenges, contracts mode, long storyline)

Bad:

1. Obviously noone cared to make a game for the fans of the former Hitman games
    2. 47 used to travel around the globe for his missions, now its just Chicago and Hope
    3. Being able to "hide" 2 rifles under the jacket
    4. Instinct Mode and everything connected to it
    5. Not enough "classic" Missions. I WANT a big sandbox level and an asigned target to take out and i want to get paid for the job.

I am probably not the only one here, who feels betrayed a bit. I m pretty certain, that i wont preorder the next Hitman game.

Top 5

Hitman Absolution is the fifth entry in the Hitman franchise. IO took Hitman new steps to make this game more personal, yet retain the Hitman spirit. IO's work on the Absolution story was brilliant and unparalleled. To be honest you guys did more than 5 good things on the "It's Personal" mode of the game. You guys achieved what you sought after (10/10).

Hitman: Absolution delivered that cinematic and personal story, but promised to deliver the classic Hitman experience with Contracts Mode. This is were the bad comes.

The Bad

1. Not Many Bonus Conditions. As of now the conditions mandate how stealthy can you be, and not how creative can you be. You need more conditions like; Kill more than 10 NPCs, Leave No Eye Witnesses (anyone that spotted you or shoots you), Don't lose any health, etc..

2. Hitman is all about sandbox levels, big levels, and contracts doesn't deliver. Absolution could have some of the best maps, but it breaks them down into smaller and bland sections. The Fight Night chapter was awesome in story mode, but in contracts it falls flat since The Arena is much more open and interesting due to the previous area where you gain a Key Card or Patriot outfit. Same goes for the Mansion Ground Floor level, players should have access from the beginning (ice cream truck) since infiltration is key to a Hitman game. Essentially Merge Levels in Contracts and more mansion areas.

3. More weapons and weapon slots. Pistol/explosives/fiber wire/sniper or rifles or sub machine guns

4. Tweak the disguise system it is a bit outlandish. In a crowd of people you shouldn't stick out as a sore thumb.

5. DLC should strictly be more maps for contracts or story related not weapons and outfits.

The Good.

1. Many ways to kill a target (there can never be enough)
    2. Superb Environment and voice acting.
    3. Disguise system that forces you to think and plan ahead (this is a flawed at the moment)
    4. Contracts mode! Keep developing that one further!!
    5. Guns and weapons that look and sound amazing! (more weapons!!)

The Bad.

1. Checkpoints! Just give us a full save system with quick save/load
    2. Instinct mode.
    3. No weapon loadout and weird inventory. (bring back the old inventory)
    4. Can't open and close doors. Nor turn lights on/off .
    5. VERY Buggy disguise system.
    This, pretty much it.

the good
    1. graphic are amazing
    2. Bringing David Bateson back
    3. contracts
    4. ?
    5. ?

the bad
    1. checkpoint system
    2. levels chopped into sections linear levels have no place in Hitman games (why you thought this was a good idea is beyond me)
    3. no 1st person view
    4. the broken disguise system
    5. no weapon load out
    6. magic pockets
    7. killing off Diana and for what to push the ridiculous story on??? you didn't even use her original voice
    8. scoring (the old professorial/silent assassin etc was fine we don't need a cod/assassins creed score/challenges system pulling off the perfect hit is reward enough)
    9. instinct
    10. no lock picking/looking through keyholes
    11. this is a BIG one disloyalty To The Fans (im not against new players picking up the game but let them pick up a true hitman game if they like it great if not no harm done don't throw away nearly everything that made hitman Hitman to try and appeal to a wider audience most of which will forget all about hitman when the next new flashy game comes out.)

i could go on all night but its late and im tired.

ideas for hitman 6 at the start 47 wakes up and realizes everything that happened in absolution was just a bad dream. Big open traditional maps which let us decide how to tackle the level basically the traditional formula the cover system isn't a bad idea and will be a welcome addition to a traditional hitman game so long as it is not forced to be used same goes for hand to hand combat also contracts is a great idea but is currently useless as 95% of the maps suck (small/linear very little room for creativity) having diana back would have been awesome but what is done is done on some level hitman will never feel the same again but i would happily take my frustration out on some actual targets please please please don't

Top 5 good:

1. Story and characters, I especially love Victoria, should have gotten more screentime
    2. Voice Acting/Soundtrack
    3. New Graphics and faster Animations
    4. Contracts Mode
    5. I always wanted to throw syringes

Some spoilers follow.

Top 5 bad:

1. The disguise system and the spotting range of the NPC's
    2. The checkpoint system. I want the old save system back. Simply allow everyone on normal to make 7 quicksaves by pressing F5.
    3. Some overly sexualized characters.

4. Lack of Load-outs
    5. Some story inconsistencies.

PROS:

1) ITS REALLY FUN TO PLAY!! I thank everyone on the Eidos team and anyone else who helped make Absolution. My hats off to you all. Truly enjoyable!

2) The level / scene designs. They are all so detailed and so immersive. I get a true sense of believability out of every level. Every time I enter a new level, I don't know what to expect when I turn the next corner.

3) The dialogue of NPCs. Never have I enjoyed standing around, listening to NPCs chatter to each other or on the phone, than I have Absolution. I literally smile thinking about some of the hilarity that I've heard.

4) The detail to weapons and objects. The array of weapons and how each one is handled, plus the effects they have on different parts of the victims body. All so realistic. All so fun to experiment. I never knew you could throw a pair of scissors so lethally.

5) The accidental kills. They are all so fun to find. I can't even explain the level of satisfaction I get out of walking into a level, sneaking around unnoticed, rigging some sort of master plan accident, watching it all unfold perfectly, and leaving like I was never there.

CONS: *going to sound redundant at this point

1) The File Corruption Glitch!! *Xbox 360 fyi. I know that Absolution has only been out a weak, but holy crap, did I rage when it happened to me. How does this get past testing when it's clearly a huge issue!? There is nothing more gut-wrenching than having all your time and progress disappear into the black void.

2) Seriously, WTF is going on with the Sniper Challenge unlocks!?!? I put a lot of time into the Sniper Challenge, got all the unlocks, and couldn't wait to use them when Absolution dropped. Heard something about needing multiple codes, I've registered my copy, sent multiple emails, nothing. STILL CAN'T USE ANY OF THE UNLOCK!!

3) Agent 47's super deep pockets / magic vanishing weapons. Yes, like all Hitman fans I love seeing Agent 47 holster his weapons. And hell yes, I loved watching Agent 47 assemble his rifle out of his signature suitcase. Things like that are as much of 47 as his red tie or bald head and barcode. For a game that puts itself on a high scale of realism, there is nothing more realism smashing than being able to hold 6 + guns in your pockets.

4) The disguise system is soo wonky. How do all the Chinese food vendors know that I'm not a Chinese food vendor? Suspicion raised even when I have a full facial mask on?? At least pull the radius back so not every cop across the map is instantly suspicious when I walk into a level.

5) Instinct Mode. Yeah Instinct Mode. I get it. I see what you were going for. I realize that to sell you have to reach a larger audience, say maybe the more "casual" audience. It doesn't bother me so much because it's optional. What does bother me is that it feels so lazy. No longer do I have to use my brain and anticipate enemy behavior. I don't really have to hide and observe, I'm not even given the option to keyhole peek anymore. Now I have superpowers which tell 47 the future.

Again, I thank you all for your hard work and dedication. Though I do have some gripes I am overall VERY satisfied with Absolution!! You have all honestly done something most developers have only dreamed of and MADE ME ADDICTED TO YOUR GAME!!

The Good: Hitman's back! And it's in a modern incarnation. - I realise that you want the positive feedback and why you want them. I shall continue to think of 5 good points.

The bad: I loved the sandbox element of Blood Money - it was what differentiated that game and made it better than other games (bearing in mind I only played Blood Money last year)
    I was disappointed by the linear levels.

Originally Posted by JayDee2003
    TOP 5 GOOD

1. The Living Breathing World / Scripting

-The conversations and expansive dialogue of the NPCs are phenomenal and truly bring out the humanity in the game. Excellent to see interaction patterns between characters when they discover something or heard a noise or detect something's wrong.

- The crowd system is the best in a game thus far. The reactions and personalities truly emphasize the realism of a public area which you can adapt to. Also the fact that you are able to actually interact (attack, human shield, bump into them) with each and everyone of them is amazing.

- The voice actors, without a doubt, nailed each of their characters and delivered their lines with a sense of life. The motion capture adds a great layer of realism and the film-like feeling as well.

TOP 5 BAD

1. The Disguise System

- Disguises (especially for a game) should be fun for players. Not frustrating. It almost seems as if you can get detected wearing a disguise as fast as just wearing the suit and tie in a hostile area, whether you're close, medium or far away from the enemy.

- Disguises should allow the player to walk freely around the NPCs with similar disguises (which are mostly guards) without having to deal with the detection arrow stretching swiftly to the point that you're caught and there's nothing you can do. Unless you get too close, that's when the suspicion arrow should begin.

- Give the disguises more power, instead of having the player to rely on 'Instinct' to blend in, which we don't have much of in the first place.

2. Level Sizes

- Many stages are way too claustrophobic. Not enough rooms, doors, ladders, pathways, elevators, staircases, outdoor as well as indoor approaches, ledges, climbable objects, tunnels, hiding spots...etc. The levels do, indeed, still have choice of approach. But not many at all. There are very few levels that do feel like the traditional Hitman level size, don't get me wrong. But overall, many do not and it just feels like another Splinter Cell Conviction.

- Leave the point A to point B levels for Call of Duty, Spinter Cell, or Max Payne.

- It tops the cake of how restricted you are when closing a destination door and locking it behind you, forcing you to move forward through another linear experience. The Hitman series was never like this.

- Even with some of the big crowded areas, there are still not many places you can go. It tricks the mind in thinking there is plenty of freedom but when you look closely, you feel trapped.

3. A.I Detection System

- The NPCs turn out to be psychic when someone gets shot down around them. Even when the player is in cover with a silencer and the other enemys' backs are turned, they will detect that 47 shot the NPC down, what disguise he's wearing and know exactly where he is in the level. Not cool.

- The NPCs should look around and scout areas instead of the automatic detection and hostility that don't even sync their line of sight with the obstacles that 47 is hiding behind.

- The NPCs often shoot at the wall or the opposite direction until they oddly turn around to aim at your position. It's awkward.

4. Story / Plot

- Without giving any spoilers, the storyline was utterly pointless, from beginning to end. As great as it was to see 47 in cut scenes and to watch the crazy interesting characters for entertainment, I gathered nothing from the story when I finished. Thus disappointed that the game had to step-back from the style of the previous games to wrap around this plot which left a bitter taste in my mouth.

- Agent 47 should never have a personal story. He is who he is and that's all we need. He does his job and is does it professionally. Gameplay is the most important element. Let him kill people. Let him be a HITman. Not run from cops to save a little girl.

5. Disloyalty To The Fans

- 99.9% of the true Hitman fans since Blood Money NEVER asked for a story-driven Hitman game that takes a completely different route.

• We loved the massively open and free levels with different floors (hostile and non-hostile) rooms and HUNDREDS of ways to create our own adventure to assassinate the target(s).

• We loved our ICA load-out. Choosing our own weapons, having our own remote mines, poisonous syringes, binoculars, and customizalbe upgrades before each campaign mission.

• We loved the non-magic pockets which allowed the player to carry sniper rifles in concealed suitcases, and think twice about picking up shotguns, assault rifles, and other bigger weapons because we COULDN'T holster them

• We loved to throw our own weapons, coins, and non-melee items that can still harm NPCs on impact.

• We loved closing doors ourselves, picking locks WITHIN the level, and turning off lights to piss off the NPC.

• We loved SAVING the game, with everything that has happened loaded exactly as it was. (Not checkpoints)

• We loved pushing people at anytime: to the floor, out of human shields, down the stairs, into pools and over more railings.

• We loved the holstering animations. Putting back your pistols into your suit and pulling out the SMG. Putting back the SMG into your jacket and then pulling out the syringe. Assembling the sniper rifle after pulling out the parts from the case and vice-versa.

(What happened to these animations. Now it's just automatically-in-your-hand, most of the time. Sometimes 47 does some sort of weapon grab but it's still poorly executed.)

- The developers seemed to have ditched most of what we loved about the previous games to make a painfully linear, point A to point B, claustrophobic, story-driven game that barely even has any campaign levels where you actually assassinate targets on your own. Who's idea was this?
    I fully agree with all of this.

The Good

Great game
    Awesome Weapons
    Amazing Graphics
    Improved Arm Combat/close combat
    Nice story line

The Bad

Can't use any DLC/disguise in campaign
    Can't select any weapons I want to use in campaign
    No holster animation
    A little more slots for weapons
    Fix disguise detection

The good, The Bad, and that's it.

Good things:

1. Amazing story
    2. Detailed characters, both in design and in personality
    3. A more "human" feeling to this 47, less like an unstoppable agent of death.
    4. Character interactions.

Less than good things:

1. No weapon load-outs/accessible hideouts.
    2. Disguises used to work a lot better in previous games, an weren't so "easy" to be spotted in. ie. If my face is covered, how can you tell I'm not a part of your group?
    3. the game feels, restricted. I can't make use of environments for traps like I could in Blood Money.
    4. Levels feel more like set routes. I can't deviate from a route to find a better one, somewhat of a labyrinth design. ie. checkpoints, one way in/out areas.
    5. As much as I love the contracts mode, why not just give us an actual multiplayer. An open world to hone skills and gain $$/XP. I'd like to see agents (players) really thinking on how to get at each other, not just beat their contracts. in short, let's see who really is the best assassin. none of that built in radar or warning lights. just players in the crowd of NPC's trying to decide who their threats are, while perhaps also making contracts on NPC's within the multiplayer world.

Good:
    - A decent storyline and length, great voice acting (I want Bateson to read me a bedtime story in 47's voice)
    - Fun and challenging stealth/action gameplay (Instinct mode is great!)
    - Amazing graphics, 47 has a silky smooth skin
    - Amazing environment or atmosphere
    - Interaction with AI is getting realistic

Bad:
    - Checkpoint system is crap, encourages you to play seriously. Can also cause bugs and glitches like no music or AI not doing their usual routines including targets.
    - Characters beside 47 needed more development, Dexter is forever like a generic evil character, not much story with the Saints (confused by the trailer) I thought Dixon was suppose to be alive. Also, too much swearing in dialogues, makes you want most of the characters to be muted. Bateson's voice once again is music to your ears.
    - Disguise system ruins the fun, better to go suit only in most missions. All AI can see 47's disguise a few distance away. Also, it hides the HUD and the detection meter. This causes issue because it takes a while for the meter to show up.
    - There are many weapons but they're mostly useless besides creating a distraction, need more interaction with weapons like the wrench and wires. Fibre wires and knives are only decent.
    - Makes you want to shoot every AI in the face (civilian or not) They like blocking ways and sometimes the AI doesn't want to move away from unusual positions.

Yup, I still really enjoyed Absolution, the storyline is serious and you can kinda sense 47's hatred for bad guys who uses people as their tool. I just really wish you could use your DLC content in the storyline and not in contracts. I really would like the save/load system back and also the 1st person view. I also LOVE the challenge when you want to be stealthy and also if I preferred guns blazing. Also, if there is any way you could make the future hit man game not as serious as Absolution? Lastly, cut off the amount of swearing in the dialogues.

I recommend this game to stealth players!

As some people already mentioned, it's pretty hard to give just 5 good points and 5 bad points. I'll give it a try, but most things have already been said.

Good:

- The overall package is really great. By that I mean the story, sounds, music, graphics, most technical advances. The team did a really great job... overall.
    - The cover system is great. It's fluid, intuitive and feels natural.
    - Huge replayability. I like coming back into levels to get even the last unlockable.
    - Contracts mode is a really great idea with a lot of potential waiting to be revealed.
    - I'm going to put the disguise system in the "good" section but only because I've already read that the team is on it to fix it.

Bad:

- Stereotypes! I know it hasn't come up often, but the more I see the cutscenes, the more I have the feeling of seeing a bad movie from the 90s. Don't get me wrong: the voice acting is excellent, the animations are amazing. But please, the bad texan that doesn't give a s*, the mindless mexican brute, all the stupid cowboy hat-wearing goons, the bada** greasers stuck in the 60s... 90% of the guys are as predictable as it can be. I really laughed at Conan O'Brien's reactions to some faces and guys. The only guy in here that has the right to be a stereotype is agent 47!

- Missing basic Hitman gameplay. Most of these points have already been discussed so I won't go in too deep but just remember them: the suitcase, opening/closing doors, choosing gear before missions, real weapon upgrade system, syringues, tactical map...

- Instinct as it is. I really do believe that instinct can be a nice feature adding depth to the gameplay, but it has to be better implemented. For now it's completely over- or underpowered. Also the blend-in shouldn't be attached to it as much as it is.

- Small, instance based maps. This has already generated a lot of buzz too, but it's right. Splitting the map in instances breaks the gameplay. It means that even if you have multiple ways to get from point A to B, point B will always be the same single point. I remember in H:BM the alcohol treatment facility, there were so many ways to get in there and do the job, it's really one of my favorite levels. The map let alone wasn't this big, not bigger than Absolution maps, but it was so rich, full of possibilities, that it just seemed endless. The levels here are small corridors filled with bottles/bricks/whatsoever to throw in a corner and distract ennemies.

- Checkpoints. The checkpoints aren't bad per se, but they don't fit into a real Hitman game, or at least not as they are. Loading a checkpoint and having only the subdued/sleeping guards wake up would be somewhat comprehensive, but then again, if I have a guy's clothes on, he comes back... with his clothes on too. You can theoratically fill the map with one guy's clothes and no one would be suspicious about it. The simplest thing would be a fast save/load. I use it on F8 and F9 in most games, it works perfectly fine and does what it should do.

Originally Posted by JayDee2003

You've summed up everything I feel about this game versus previous instalments - the more I think about it the more I'm absolutely gutted. Blood Money was up there in my top 5 of all time, I honestly expected so much more from Absolution.

Good :
    -great graphics and engine. Never had framerate change.
    -the ambiance is great
    -contracts mode is awesome !
    -many kill possibilities in the sandboxe levels
    -The sneaking and distraction mechanism

Bad :
    -the disguise system is sometime not realistic. Some character spot you even though you were a mask or when you don't face toward them. I think the system of detection should be different by NPC jobs. For example I don't see why a cook in Chinatown leave his shop to run after me because he doesn't recognize you. I could understand that from a cop a any kind of guards. Still, the detection process should be longer than just a second.
    -there's not enough big sandbox levels and actual contracts in the game. Maybe some DLC content might bring some ?
    -we can't manually close doors anymore.
    -it's a detail but the sniper case looked really cool in the previous games

Thanks for listening to us !

(Sorry if my English is not perfect !)

Page 2 of 7 First First 123456 ... Last