Thread: Music

Music

Music

So, there are a few tunes that play throughout the game in clubs, bars, and on radios. I'm really interested in one specifically - it sounds a lot like a modern Johnny Cash tune, but not one that I've ever heard. One place that I know without a doubt that it plays is in the mission where you go to see Sanchez and start out in the training room (or whatever), the radio sitting next to the camper will play it about a minute into the mission.

I've tried picking out individual lines (what I can understand, anyway), using song identifying software, and asking other people, but nobody seems to have any ideas. I can't imagine that it's made specifically for the game, since Eidos went and jammed it into a radio in-game and cut the quality so severely that I can barely tell what he's saying.

Any help? Pretty please?

Quite a few people have been looking for that song, including me. I think it may be unique to the game. They have great sound recording equipment so there's no reason to suggest it's not made for the game.

I had that song stuck in my head all day yesterday ha

Does it not say in the credits?

I have the same request except for a song that plays on the TV on the level Shaving Lenny in the barbershop.

There's a TV there in the living room that plays a sort of industrial song with a female singer. I can't unfortunately make out many words and I've had no luck in searching in either the credits or any wiki pages for the name of the group or the song.

I found that a group called Dynamedion sounds like it could be it, but I see no listings of their hitman songs anywhere.

And it's kinda hopeless to find a track list for Hitman Absolution.

So anyone with the soundtrack from a collectors edition or the like could post the names of the songs listed?

Originally Posted by Imperator
    Quite a few people have been looking for that song, including me. I think it may be unique to the game. They have great sound recording equipment so there's no reason to suggest it's not made for the game.
    They do, and I had considered the possibility - but my question is why would they go to the trouble and expense of having a series of musicians and a singer record a song, then process and edit it, only to put it on a little radio that you can barely hear in-game? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Originally Posted by vince3
    So anyone with the soundtrack from a collectors edition or the like could post the names of the songs listed?
    Did the Collector's Edition come with the soundtrack? That would be very helpful.

Originally Posted by Johnnie W.
    Did the Collector's Edition come with the soundtrack? That would be very helpful.
    Afaik, it didn't. The credits don't give away anything either except for the composers, whom we know anyway. This is further reason to believe that the songs were produced exclusively for this game, as I gather that usually everyone contributing to anything in a production is given proper credit.

Dynamedion typically compose songs that I would classify as 'classical music'. I've never heard them do anything such as a radio song.

Originally Posted by kasi_t
    Afaik, it didn't. The credits don't give away anything either except for the composers, whom we know anyway. This is further reason to believe that the songs were produced exclusively for this game, as I gather that usually everyone contributing to anything in a production is given proper credit.
    Unless it was a song old enough that they didn't have to seek copyright or pay royalties, in which case they also wouldn't be required to credit them.

It is looking more and more like a song made specifically for the game, though - it just seems very elaborate for a song used so sparingly and as an afterthought, more or less. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll release an OST in the next couple of months.

Unless it was a song old enough that they didn't have to seek copyright or pay royalties, in which case they also wouldn't be required to credit them.
    Though the song would have to be very old for it not to be brought up somewhere on the internet. I believe I could figure out about 50 percent of the lyrics, using which I tried to google the song, but without any luck so far. Besides, even if they didn't have to credit the song per se, they would at least have featured the band performing the song in the credits, I suppose. So yeah, everything points to the fact that this song isn't available anywhere outside the game. Of course, you could try and record the song yourself, but I imagine with that generator in the background, it won't be much fun listening to it

Originally Posted by kasi_t
    Though the song would have to be very old for it not to be brought up somewhere on the internet. I believe I could figure out about 50 percent of the lyrics, using which I tried to google the song, but without any luck so far. Besides, even if they didn't have to credit the song per se, they would at least have featured the band performing the song in the credits, I suppose. So yeah, everything points to the fact that this song isn't available anywhere outside the game. Of course, you could try and record the song yourself, but I imagine with that generator in the background, it won't be much fun listening to it
    Way ahead of you; I recorded it and cleaned it up a bit in SoundForge, took about an hour. I've gotten down about as many lyrics as you have, I suspect, and it's really not enough to narrow down a song regardless - but yeah, it seems like some combination of the words would yield SOMETHING if it was a real song.

Kudos to IO/Eidos for creating a really good song out of thin air, at any rate! And whoever the vocalist is he's mad channeling an old JC. I'm eager for an OST to come out and clear this up, personally.

Anywho, seeing as the thread's title is just "Music," I suppose if anybody wants a song identified, or has identified a song, feel free to post about it in here - there's actually quite a bit of good music in the game, and I haven't recognized a single bit of it myself. Surely some of it is bought, not created. :P

The song in Balls of Fire, after you start the riot.

I could swear that one song is by Johnny Cash, sounds alot like him. I'd be interested in knowing myself.

So if anybody is still interested, it turns out the song is called "Black Bandana."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Fxdxq8e8E

So if anybody is still interested, it turns out the song is called "Black Bandana."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Fxdxq8e8E
    I have to say, that this song is really awesome and fits perfectly into the game. Very catchy.
    47: "Names are for friends, so I don't need one."

Black Bandana is a great and catchy song but i dont see whats the point of having a country music style in a game like Hitman, even though it fits in ""hope"" missions but still nothing replace soundtracks like VEGAS-AVE MARIA...etc.
    They need Jesper Kyd BACK for the next hitman, Absolution has almost NO memorable soundtrack.