Thread: How to apply for a refund

How to apply for a refund

How to apply for a refund

Hi,

since I can't find the answer via Steam, I want to ask you at Eidos how I can apply for a refund for Hitman: Absolution?

I have €70 pc game ($90!) lying around that is too buggy to play, as it either crashes to desktop or makes my rig crash entirely, needing a full restart. This is simply unacceptable.

I will most definitely love to play the game once you have solved all the issues, but in the meantime I would like my money back so I can purchase a well functioning game that I can actually play.

Thanks for your understanding and your answer.

Kind regards

The game is working fine. Your PC is to blame. Have you updated all your drivers?
    I suggest using DriverGenius.

The game works fine for me, too. Never had any trouble at all. So the problem is your computer. You can't really ask them to refund your game just because your computer is terrible.
    signature image

Originally Posted by BlackBirdNL
    The game is working fine. Your PC is to blame. Have you updated all your drivers?
    "The game is working fine?" Have you read some of the articles on the forum? Even with the latest beta Nvidia drivers, its not working for me, always crashing on movie sequences, and random places ingame.

Its very frustrating.

Originally Posted by Duspende .
    The game works fine for me, too. Never had any trouble at all. So the problem is your computer. You can't really ask them to refund your game just because your computer is terrible.
    Have you guys completely missed what has been going on for teh last 6 days? the game hasn't worked for dozens of us, read the topics first before saying shi t like that, dozens of us haven't played even tho we got it release day, his computer is fine.

(sorry if i sound a little pissed, but when dozens havent played the game we paid $60 bucks for, and people come saying "the game is fine" it's quite frustratieng)

Rubbish, the performance issues are due to the game itself.

They have not done enough testing and it shows, stuttering and random framerate drops and overall poor performance.

Performance is just too random for systems with very similar specs, there is no consistency.

Originally Posted by Duspende .
    And what do you think about consoles? Should I blame my console?

Originally Posted by Ulytau
    And what do you think about consoles? Should I blame my console?
    pc's differ between people, but consoles are the same for everyone, but yeah PCs/360s/PS3s arent to blame here

Steam doesn't give refunds, you might have to talk to Square Enix.

Gamestop won't either, once you bought a game, it's yours. Sucks, I can't play it either. Only, consolation was I lost my copy of Hitman Blood Money so I got that back.

Still, I'm out 49.99 and pissed off.

In reply to the dimwits who state my PC is to blame, my rig:

Rampage Extreme 2
    Core i7-920 @4.1Ghz
    12 GB RAM
    SLI GTX 570
    Vertex disks in raid

I have a newer rig under construction which I haven't even bothered trying the game on because of all the random crashes. Furthermore, I can't continue anyway since the game now always makes my rig crash completely.

And yes, I have fully updated drivers. I have an extremely well maintained system, I was most probably already building rigs when you were still asking mommy for Fisher Price's 'my first portable computer'. So please, if you have nothing to say except 'blame your system' and can't even understand how coding has to be written towards working on a VAST AMOUNT OF DIFFERENT SYSTEMS, then you should just keep yourself to clicking instead of typing. Thank you very much, sir.

Now, Eidos, please get in touch.

Thanks

Originally Posted by xellos49698
    Gamestop won't either, once you bought a game, it's yours. Sucks, I can't play it either. Only, consolation was I lost my copy of Hitman Blood Money so I got that back.

Still, I'm out 49.99 and pissed off.
    Yeah for me Gamestop will only switch the disks in 30 days, for a refund I need the package sealed, this is my price for the sniper challenge.
    Originally Posted by muskusos
    In reply to the dimwits who state my PC is to blame, my rig:

Rampage Extreme 2
    Core i7-920 @4.1Ghz
    12 GB RAM
    SLI GTX 570
    Vertex disks in raid

I have a newer rig under construction which I haven't even bothered trying the game on because of all the random crashes. Furthermore, I can't continue anyway since the game now always makes my rig crash completely.

And yes, I have fully updated drivers. I have an extremely well maintained system, I was most probably already building rigs when you were still asking mommy for Fisher Price's 'my first portable computer'. So please, if you have nothing to say except 'blame your system' and can't even understand how coding has to be written towards working on a VAST AMOUNT OF DIFFERENT SYSTEMS, then you should just keep yourself to clicking instead of typing. Thank you very much, sir.

Now, Eidos, please get in touch.

Thanks
    LOL

IF the PC runs fine for other apps/games it is not likely to be the rig specifically.

I run the game on the PS3 and it runs ok, not perfect but ok. My main complaint are buglets in the game engine but on the stability front it has been fine for me so far (Slimline PS3 - remember that there are some variations in hardware with the other older PS3 variants).

PC software instability problems tend to vary in root cause but more often than not from my experience it is down to poor resource and error detection in the code or bad implementation of multiple threads/processes resulting in dead-locks among other things. All of which are difficult to track down and could have been avoided 8/10 by adopting safe programming techniques (some programming languages are harder to write safe code in than others).

Refunds are unlikely, you are more likely to get the bugs fixed in a patch.

[EDIT]Actually, I can say that I have seen 2-3 CTDs (so far) on my PS3 which peeved me a bit but the sub-sub-chapters are short enough that I have learned to cope with them.[/EDIT]

Yes this is all true... but what about when you figure out how to make the game run and then realize that it isn't the hitman we have all come to grow and love... That the game itself sucks *.... Same thing happened to Deus Ex if I recall correctly... I spent the last what 6 days trying to get it to work and have been patiently playing the game hoping it was going to somehow turn into a masterpiece??? Don't waste your time the game isn't Hitman anymore. I know I couldn't do it any better but I think the point is the people who should have made this game didn't make it. This was the biggest waste of money I've ever spent on gaming except for my D*ll computer.

i would never buy a pc game @ launch, even if i had a rig that ran the latest games.

this goes for any pc game.

I also want a refund. Absolution is a disgrace of a Hitman game. No matter what "tweaks" IOI makes to the disguise system, it still won't fix the fact that the majority of the game revolves around you going from one room to the next opening doors. And there are hardly any actual assassination missions in the story campaign.

Contracts mode will only go so far with the same small repetitive maps.

Nothing that IOI can do with the disguise system will make this game any better.

As of right now, I get harassed by the same dressed npc's a mile away. Plus I get seen through walls. I get seen with my back turned. I get harassed while my face is covered with a mask.

This is nonsense.

I want my money back for this sorry excuse of a "Hitman" game.

How about it, Steam or Square Enix?

Can you please remove Absolution from my Steam library and give me store credit so that I can get a better game that I would actually be happy with?

You can also remove Sniper Challenge as well, I don't want that either.
    Doorman: Absolution. Tom Francis from, PC Gamer was 100 percent right all along: http://tinyurl.com/cqpv4wb Steam ID: Sean Rubin