Thread: Problem Killing Skurky

Problem Killing Skurky

Problem Killing Skurky

Guess I am dumb, but I can't figure how to aim and fire on the Sheriff before he shoots...stuck in the Church

The part is like point shooting, the crosshair is so hard to see so you'll have to aim and look closely into the TV and then mark him.

Yes, the game enters point shoot mode automatically in this part. It surprised and annoyed me too to have the game do this for the only time in the game. (I guess the devs had to do it like this because of purist mode that has no instinct and therefore no point shoot mode either)

You have to mark the target with leftclick and then press Q to actually shoot. (I have no idea how its done on console)

Thanks for the feedback...Still having trouble....anyone out there with a PS3 that can help? I have not done point shoot mode before....

Aren't you required to point shoot in the prologue level? Anyways Hold L2 and use R2 to lock on (it looks like a red skull, you can also lock on multiple times). If you see like Square to start execution press that after lock on. I'm on the ps3 as well. Are you playing in difficulty modes that prevents instinct mode?

yes that one cant be evaded, you just simply must use point shooting, otherwise game wont let you do anything.

For those PC game controller players...(i use a Logitech Rumblepad2)
    step 1: hold LB
    step 2: use both joysticks to locate his head (the + must be on Skurkys head)
    step 3: then marks his head with RB (a red skull appears)
    step 4: Fire! with left button (my is numbered "1")

i cost me 2 evenings

After it goes to point shoot mode:
    L2 TO AIM
    R2 MARK
    SQUARE TO EXECUTE.
    DONE.

Pretty much what you're doing wrong is waiting for the Point Shooting mode to finish.

The Sheriff will always fire before it finishes, so you need to finish first.

Like what most people here suggested, once you get your kill shot, execute the shot immediately and you will land your shot first, killing the Sheriff.

While were on the topic of Skurky, how do you get his revolver? You cant take it after you shoot him, it goes to a cutscene
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

Originally Posted by cab843
    Thanks for the feedback...Still having trouble....anyone out there with a PS3 that can help? I have not done point shoot mode before....
    Bulls*** you have to do the pointshooting in the first mission!!!!

Originally Posted by cab843
    You had to do it after killing Diana, remember?

Originally Posted by Shaikh
    You had to do it after killing Diana, remember?
    When I first played prologue (on purist, so tutorial was disabled) I didn't even think about point shooting. I just let them see me, faked surrender and killed them this way.

Originally Posted by OKIGorgon
    When I first played prologue (on purist, so tutorial was disabled) I didn't even think about point shooting. I just let them see me, faked surrender and killed them this way.
    Haven't start the Purist mode yet, I will do it after my first play-through ends. At the moment I am at Blackwater Park level.