Thread: Server issues: Contracts and Hitman.com

Server issues: Contracts and Hitman.com

Originally Posted by Nick@IO
    UPDATE

Our online team would like to get anyone affected to feedback on these questions to help us understand why this is happening to some people.

1. Is the problem intermittent ?
    2. If not, have you ever managed to connect to server?
    3. Are you behind a proxy ? If so, can you bypass it ?
    4.What result do you get when browsing to: https://linktest.os.eidos.com/
    5.(PC) How many SSL certificates do you have installed ?

To answer #5: Press WindowsKey+R, enter “certmgr.msc”, go to 'Trusted Certificates' -at window bottom you can see the number of installed certificates.

Thanks for the help!

1. Never been able to connect.
    2. Nope
    3. No proxy
    4. "It works!"
    5.1 -Trusted Root Certification Authorities = 34
    5.2 -Trusted Publishers = 4
    5.3 -Third-Party Root Certification Authorities = 26

UPDATE

Our online team would like to get anyone affected to feedback on these questions to help us understand why this is happening to some people.

To answer #5: Press WindowsKey+R, enter “certmgr.msc”, go to 'Trusted Certificates' -at window bottom you can see the number of installed certificates.

Thanks for the help!
    1. cannot connect since release.
    2. ^
    3. no proxy, own the steam version
    4. "It works!"
    5. -Trusted Root Certification Authorities = 43
    -Trusted Publishers = 9
    -Third-Party Root Certification Authorities = 34

UPDATE

Thanks for the help!

1. yes
    3. no. every other game works without any problems
    4. works

I keep getting disconnected from xbox live mid way through the tutorial on contracts. It says xbox live feature not available and throws me out of the game. Not happy at with this I love the single player but would actually like to play contacts for more than 5 mins with out being kicked out and having to sign back in xbox live. Can anyone advise me what to do, for the record I am using a wired connection. Thanks

Originally Posted by Burdy
    I keep getting disconnected from xbox live mid way through the tutorial on contracts. It says xbox live feature not available and throws me out of the game. Not happy at with this I love the single player but would actually like to play contacts for more than 5 mins with out being kicked out and having to sign back in xbox live. Can anyone advise me what to do, for the record I am using a wired connection. Thanks
    Are you still connected to Xbox Live when it kicks you?

UPDATE

Thanks for the help!
    1. Yes, I usually get disconnected just as the contract is starting. Mostly it says there is a server error & I get returned to the main screen.
    2. As above.
    3. No proxy.
    4. It Works.
    5. Using PS3 on a wired connection. All other games work fine. Connection to PSN is unaffected.

Hi. Thanks for replying. No it disconnects me from xbox live "saying xbox live features are not available" then kicks me out of the contracts mode and I have to sign back into xbox live again. I get the same message as above 10mins into the single player but it doesn't kick me out of the game unlike the contracts mode.

Any news, two weeks since release, still can't connect to the contract server.

edit- ok i got contracts mode working on my laptop, so something is wrong with my desktop computer than.

Hello great community of IO;

I've been playing Absolution for 2 days now and I've promised myself that I wouldn't buy the Contracts code untill I finish the game, but when I advanced through the game. Contracts mode looked so sweet. So I decided to buy it for my XBOX360, as I clicked "Contracts" It said I needed to buy a Contracts code so I simply selected "Buy" after a short period of thinking. I saw my balance on the screen it was 100G which was very nice. Because code was only 1 G, at least I saw like that, but as I looked closer it wrote: -1G I thought there might be a mistake, I was even hoping that code was free so I clicked "Proceed" and price changed into something like "441241113" meant that it was unavailable for me. So what might be the problem? Is it a bug? Is it something that I did? I've been raising money so hard to buy this game, I hope we can sort something out.

Thanks guys!

[PC User]

Hello,

I could not access a Hitman Contract since the release of the game but I found a solution that works for me.

First I use Eset Smart Security as firewalls and antivirus.

Here are the step that I made:

1 - Open Eset Smart Security and go to "Settings"
    2 - Click on "Go to Advanced configuration ..."
    3 - Click on "Internet and mail / filtering protocols / Excluded Applications"
    4 - Check the location of the executable file of hitman absolution (for me: D: \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ Hitman

Absolution \ HMA.exe)

Confirm with OK and that contract mode finally works!

ps: sorry for the image that is in French

Originally Posted by Poulpy
    Hello,

I could not access a Hitman Contract since the release of the game but I found a solution that works for me.

First I use Eset Smart Security as firewalls and antivirus.

Here are the step that I made:

1 - Open Eset Smart Security and go to "Settings"
    2 - Click on "Go to Advanced configuration ..."
    3 - Click on "Internet and mail / filtering protocols / Excluded Applications"
    4 - Check the location of the executable file of hitman absolution (for me: D: \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ Hitman

Absolution \ HMA.exe)

Confirm with OK and that contract mode finally works!

ps: sorry for the image that is in French

It worked for me, and I have Eset smart security too,

thank you very much Poulpy!!

Now hope other people have the same prob can see a solution with their anti virus.

Originally Posted by Marsio

Now hope other people have the same prob can see a solution with their anti virus.
    this also worked for me, thankyou very much

I still can't access Contracts ingame. I can queue some of them from ica.hitman.com. I have the steam version and the professional DVD version. I have registered the key and linked steam to this account.

On ica.hitman.com I can load and see my collected guns etc.
    However, I can't connect to the "50.000" Contracts from in game.

I have tested the test server link in the first post. It says: ok.
    I'm running hitman in admin mode and my firewall has been set to give hitman full access rights.

Please help.
    Thanks

I still have no access to contracts, I am using Norton Antivirus protection if there are any settings I need to change? I am very upset that I have bought this game and have never been able to access contracts mode...

Originally Posted by Marsio

I have ESET Smart Security 5 also, I did originally disable the firewall completely to test if it was ESET stopping it working and it did not work so I disabled protection all together and it still did not work, I have had this problem since release, and was upset that it did not work, upon finding this, I gave this a try and it worked instantly (after restarting the game though).

Thank you so much Poulpy for pointing this out, and I hope others with ESET will notice this post and it will then work for them also.

+Rep,

Regards,
    Zach.

Is there any updates to this contract? First day the game is out and I still cannot log into Contracts.

I was only able to do it if I reset my IE9 but now it no longer works.

HITMAN SERVER PROBLEM

I PLAY IT ON XBOX 360 SLIM, IN UK, SAME MESSAGE "server down try again later" and "cant access it due to family settings" which i didnt have on ever, i created passcode turned them on then off but still nothing, PLEASE HELP ASAP

I bought the "professional" version of the game plus all the DLCs on Steam this week.. I've installed the game but nothing which is supposed to work online (leaderboards on sniper challenge, contracts, messages, anything) is working, it just says it's not avaliable.

It's saying "Sorry the leaderboards are not avaliable right now" and "sorry the hitman: absolution contracts server isn't avaliable right now", all the time, I couldn't connect even once so far.

Replying the questions on the first post:

1. The problem is continuos, I am not able to do anything online on both games (absolution and sniper challenge).
    2. No.
    3. I don't use proxies.
    4. It says "It works!".
    5. I am not sure, it seems to be only 1 "on trusted ones" and about 14 on "non trusted". (Since my Windows is in portuguese, the words on the folders doesn't match exactly as explained here, so I can't say for sure how many certificates I have here).

I have both hitman added on my firewall, and I even tried with the firewall off, nothing changed...

This appears right after I click, it doesn't even show a loading screen or something, I click and it pops saying the server isn't avaliable:
    http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/4...2122300001.jpg
    (I won't put IMG code because it's a pretty big picture to put here, so just a direct link).

Exclamation ERROR WITH HITMAN CONTRACT'S SERVER

On the PS3 platform, there is a bit code Error with the HITMAN CONTRACT's server which will cause the money you have earned to become negative! The error has been reported, but they are not sure if, why or when it will happen to someone else. You can check the Richest Assassin Leaderboard and see the money I, Wadidja, have earned is now negative. *The bit code error has also affected my main menue totals as well because they are all zero. Contract Likes and Competition wins still register properly on their respective leaderboards, but not on the main menue of Contracts mode. Hopefully this issue will be fixed soon and will not happen to someone else.

So Contracts mode goes down and it gets fixed in a few hours...But the bugs & save data corruption issues post patch 1.02 (ps3) have still yet to be fixed, and no updates from any mods?!!! wtf..

contracts still not working here in DUBLIN IRELAND.

on ps3 it logs in but you might just get to set a game up then. the server message pops up and logs out..........been waiting months now whats going on

Yah, same here, if i wanna search contracts, not a single one is found... which is impossible, because there are many contracts usually... please fix that.

So I thought, why not play again Absolution one more time, and then that

Originally Posted by Spiderix
    I just completed 3 contracts (PC - Denmark)
    Originally Posted by Spiderix
    Seems to be working now, thanks for the support.
    Originally Posted by Wakey
    Still getting the error message about the Contracts server being down (PC)...
    There's no message appears sayin' servers are down.

But Ingame account doesn't appear....It is still named "Ka0s"....
    I guess you guys ain't havin' this problem....I've already linked sequare enix account with my PC platform via steam account....what's the solution please?

Thanks fo' nathin'
    I've learned how to change my ingame name,but it still doesn't work!
    Can i play cotracts mode with a cracked version of HMA?

1. Never been able to connect.
    2. Nope
    3. yes, but it also did not work when i removed it
    4. "It works!"
    5.1 -Trusted Root Certification Authorities = 37
    5.2 -Trusted Publishers = 3
    5.3 -Third-Party Root Certification Authorities = 29

I linked my steam account with Square Enix & X-Box live while making steam the "active" one, already made an exception for both steam and the .exe application in my firewall but I still cannot connect to messages, contracts, or any online component..

I am running the game on PC [Steam version]..

Page 5 of 6 First First 123456 Last