Thread: Steam issues

Steam issues

Thumbs Down Steam issues

Dear Eidos/Square Enix,

I purchased Hitman: absolution, the professional edition and received it today. I wanted to install the game but found that it only installed Steam and took 30 minutes for that - mostly because of steam updating.

Now that it has installed Steam it is trying to download the entire game through it and after ~30 minutes it's at 2%. I simply do not understand why the entire game is downloading through steam when I have the DVD set.

I tried browsing the DVDs but there's no setup file for the game itself. At this rate it'll take 24 hours to download the game which is frankly ridiculous. Please help

- Kasper

The game disc would definitely have a setup.exe on disc 1. alongside a few depotcache files

30 mins to install steam? steam is only a few MB..

I take it you now have steam installed and have activated the code for your account yes?
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

This is correct. The only setup file there is is for steam (disc contents: http://i.imgur.com/BRIBL.jpg).

The installation of Steam wasn't the issue, but after I installed it I got a window that said "updating steam platform", which took 30 minutes. After Steam had installed and updated it prompted me for my DVD key for Hitman which I entered and it started downloading the game.

slight bump