Page 3 of 10 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: Hitman Absolution DirectX Error

Hitman Absolution DirectX Error

Could it be the on-board sound?

What is everyone running?

I'm on an ASUS board running the VIA VT1828S chipset.

This is for the "DEVICE_REMOVED" error.

Got the same problem

Hi,

although I've no special solutions or news to offer, I would like to simply say that I am also having this problem and hope that a solution comes soon. It really makes playing very uninjoyable...

My system is as follows:

Motherboard: MSI Military Class II Z68A-GD80
    i7 2600k @ 4GHz
    ASUS GTX 690
    16 GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz
    Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit
    Monitor: BenQ GW2350, 1920x1080 HD @ 60Hz

It's also very remarkable that I get a load of lag on ultra settings, with tessalation and global illumination included. With a GTX 690 this shouldn't be a problem at all. Even with minimum settings and an activiation of 4xAA I get a lot of lag. This is in Skyrim, Battefield 3, Deus Ex and many other graphical high end games not a problem at all. I can even play in these titles with 8xAA on ultra settings and it runs smooth as butter. The problem seems to be the Hitman engine itself.

The game however continues crashing despite minimal settings, deactivation of anti alaising and desktop composition. I don't want to try any beta drivers. I've already had horrible experiences with similar "experiments" and don't feel like spending hours on installing and removing old/new driver components. Besides, a lot of users who have tried the beta solution have written in many forums that it has either worsend the problem or not changed anything.

It's surprising that this mistake wasn't seen during testing, as it applies to a wide varity of system combinations. What kind of systems were actually used while testing the game?

Originally Posted by AndyD203
    Hi,

although I've no special solutions or news to offer, I would like to simply say that I am also having this problem and hope that a solution comes soon. It really makes playing very uninjoyable...

My system is as follows:

i7 2600k @ 4GHz
    ASUS GTX 690
    Have you tried the beta drivers?
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Have you tried the beta drivers?
    many of us did, it does not fix the issue

Originally Posted by AndyD203
    Hi,

My system is as follows:

Motherboard: MSI Military Class II Z68A-GD80
    i7 2600k @ 4GHz
    ASUS GTX 690
    Monitor: BenQ GW2350, 1920x1080 HD @ 60Hz

It's also very remarkable that I get a load of lag on ultra settings, with tessalation and global illumination included. With a GTX 690 this shouldn't be a problem at all. Even with minimum settings and an activiation of 4xAA I get a lot of lag. This is in Skyrim, Battefield 3, Deus Ex and many other graphical high end games not a problem at all. I can even play in these titles with 8xAA on ultra settings and it runs smooth as butter. The problem seems to be the Hitman engine itself.

The game however continues crashing despite minimal settings, deactivation of anti alaising and desktop composition. I don't want to try any beta drivers. I've already had horrible experiences with similar "experiments" and don't feel like spending hours on installing and removing old/new driver components. Besides, a lot of users who have tried the beta solution have written in many forums that it has either worsend the problem or not changed anything.

It's surprising that this mistake wasn't seen during testing, as it applies to a wide varity of system combinations. What kind of systems were actually used while testing the game?

Yes like you said it must be with engine because I encountered the same problem with Hitman: Sniper Challenge; and it's also true that with a configuration like yours you shouldn't suffer from framerate issues. Anyway, just for general recommendation 8xMSAA it's very heavy and there's no such difference from 4xMSAA, so try with this one.

I also remind for helping the team resolving the problem that this has happened even with Battlefield 3 (Frostbite engine) but no other game.

If it help narrow it down, it seems The Secret World has also had this exact issue, or at least the exact same error message. Perhaps there are engine similarities?

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/sho....php?p=1228545
    ~Specs~i5 3570k (OCed to 4.2Ghz)~EVGA GTX 670 4GB~Corsair 12GB RAM~Win 7 Pro 64bit

on Ultra with SSO and tassellation and AA disabled i played the second mission without crashes.. will report back later.

I had the same problem. I installed the 310.61 beta driver from the nvidia page and now the game is running without crashes on maximum detail.

System:
    Intel I7 3820
    ASUS SABERTOOTH X79
    GTX 680
    16GB Ram
    Win7 64 Ultimate

Ok. So i confirm that if You disable Depth of field then no more directx crashes.

Originally Posted by Hitman_LE
    I had the same problem. I installed the 310.61 beta driver from the nvidia page and now the game is running without crashes on maximum detail.

System:
    Intel I7 3820
    ASUS SABERTOOTH X79
    GTX 680
    16GB Ram
    Win7 64 Ultimate
    i have 310.61 and if i dont disable sso and tasselation i still get crashes

Originally Posted by Weyland Yutani
    Does anyone of you have the Retail Version im interested in some Folders like Vcredist Runtimes etc because on Digital Version it was not included and i want to know if there is any new or different in it.
    If you mean by retail version as a hard copy of the game on dvd, it wasnt released as such.

I am having the same device removed error. Just closed the game on me after maybe 20 minutes. Did finish the King of Chinatown mission though.

Im only Interested to know something on some Sites i detect one folder named runtimes and want to know whats in there, and in my country retail version is already there and i want to know if there is any folder for redists and what files are in

Originally Posted by Neo16
    ... just for general recommendation 8xMSAA it's very heavy and there's no such difference from 4xMSAA,
    I still claim to see a difference between 8x and 4x, but I'm not so picky that I can't live without 8x. I'm actually playing Hitman now completely without AA what so ever (also without tessalation and light effects) on the lowest detail and am still (like I said) getting crashes. Interesting that one user has now claimed to have apparently noticed an improvement with the beta driver. I know I didn't want to try it...but...it's a long night...I don't have to work tomorrow...maybe I'll also give it a try...

...If I have to stay up late to deal with driver issues, I can at least sleep it out...

Originally Posted by Neo16
    It seems to me that is the same problem I was having with Battlefield 3 (different engine). I "temporally" solved it doing this things.

First, let me post my specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300
    ASUS ENGTX560 Ti DCII 1024 MB (nVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (GF114-400))
    MotherBoard ASUS P5KC
    4096 MB DDR2-SDRAM Kingston

• I reverted from the last beta drivers from nvidia(310.61) to the oldest one I could (280.26)
    • I followed the suggestion of the eidos guy, disabling the desktop composition and in addition, playing the game in a window
    • after starting the game, I opened the task manager, searched for HMA.exe, and then I set the affinity to only one core of my CPU

This solution gave me an hour long play more, with the latest drivers I could only play a few minutes.

However playing with only one core I have a serious framerate issue and in any case the problem is only postponed.

I had the same problem also with the sniper challenge mini game (same engine, same problem, it's quite obvious and expected)

I hope this hints will help users, but more important, I hope it helps the developers to solve the problem for us.
    Played the game for 2 hours without any crash with the above settings, the exception, I played the game with all the 4 cores of my CPU.

I also think that activating the V-Sync helped the situation

...in my country retail version is already there and i want to know if there is any folder for redists and what files are in
    well wtf, i wish i could get my hands on a one... lol

Originally Posted by 03wellman11
    well wtf, i wish i could get my hands on a one... lol
    dont know where u are from but im from austria and i think the is released in all shops in near all of europe since 20.11 and Onlineshops delifer on release day too like amazon and else. Maybe there are some countrys that have delayed releases but dont heard any about one. This is one game where pcs have same release date like consoles "hell yeah"

Just experienced the crash. Using the latest NVIDIA Beta drivers as well. Bummer.

dont know where u are from but im from austria and i think the is released in all shops in near all of europe since 20.11 and Onlineshops delifer on release day too like amazon and else. Maybe there are some countrys that have delayed releases but dont heard any about one. This is one game where pcs have same release date like consoles "hell yeah"
    well it seems that we living in the US aren't as privileged as you my friend. haha being stuck with the download only version of hitman. but hey, it could definitely be worse.

but about the error, i have the updated driver and limited some of the less necessary graphic options and most recently played for about 30 min before the "blah blah blah has been removed" fatal crash.

Just chiming in, I'm having the "Device removed" error just like a lot of people.

I was running on the latest beta drivers and tried dumping down to the previous WHQL drivers. Running on High and adjusted settings around (moving things up and down) but get the same result every time.

So dunno what other information I can provide. Hopefully a patch can be put out pretty soon.

I'm able to play 2 hours now without the error showing up. Right now I'm at the third level . All I did was:

HITMAN GAME OPTIONS
    Quality Level: Ultra
    Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Full Screen and Exclusive Fullscreen
    VSync: ON
    MSAA: OFF (Even with this off the game still looks good) <This was my problem for the DX error
    SSAO: High

SYSTEM
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
    Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor, 2800 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 23.8 GB
    4GB OF RAM Disk for page files
    GTX 680 2GB ver

NVIDIA Control Panel
    Driver Version: 306.97
    Antialiasing - FXAA: ON
    Ambient Occlusion: Quality
    power management mode : Prefer maximum performance
    triple Buffer: on

Like the person above I was able to get the game to function by continuing to mess with settings.

I have the following settings:

MSAA - 4x
    Shadow - High
    Texture - High
    Texture Filter - anisotropic 16x
    Reflections - High
    FXAA - on
    Global Illumination - on
    Tessellation - on
    LOD - High
    DOF - High
    SSAO - Normal

The setting I changed was SSA from High to Off, then to normal. Everything else is the same as I've been using.

So in my specific instance, SSAO seems to be the culprit.

As I said before, hopefully a patch can be pushed to resolve this as I rather like having my settings maxed

Joining the people having the Hardware Device Removed error.

System Specs:
    Asus Maxumus III Formula
    i7-860 @ 4.0ghz
    Corsair 8 Gb 2000mhz
    X-Fi Titanium
    Gigabyte GTX 680 2gb
    2xIntel520ssds RAID

Tried the different solutions in this thread with not luck. Getting the same error as before. Turning down SSAO from high to normal or off actually makes it almost crash instantly at the first mission. Using SSAO high lets me play for about 5 minutes.
    Had MSI Afterburner running.
    Noticed a very high GPU utilization (poorly optimized game?)
    Memory Usage peaking at around 1300 MB so that leaves around 700 of free VRAM

Current game state for me = useless.
    Not a happy camper

DXGI ERROR DEVICE REMOVED

Have you try turning off MSAA worked for me and max all other settings.

The users on steam has posted that this solution has worked for them.

The only thing i did not turn off completely was MSAA, tried it now and have not had any issues since with all settings maxed. Such a shame though hate FXAA and an aliased game is not very nice to look at. Hope they fix it soon.

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

Sometimes terrible framerates <20fps, especialle when rendering the brick walls of the first level inside the mansion.

Impossible to run at all high or ultra at >60fps.

Settings:
    Custom combination of medium and high, 2x MSAA

Setup:
    Windows 8 x64 Pro (fully updated)
    GeForce 310.61 Beta (the non beta had unplayable framerates all over)
    Intel i7-3930K
    EVGA GTX680 Signature (duo SLI)
    Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4 GB

DxDiag:
    http://pastebin.com/czRLDekf

...I hope You can make use the feedback

Page 3 of 10 First First 1234567 ... Last