Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official pre-order Q&A + retailers database | OP updated Feb 19

Official pre-order Q&A + retailers database | OP updated Feb 19

We've already received a bunch of questions here about the pre-order editions/territories/bonuses/etc, and as we get closer to launch day, it is going to be much more frequent, so I thought we should have a dedicated thread for this

Feel free to use this space to ask any questions about pre-ordering TR9 and to share advice and your experiences with the various retailers around the world.

We will try to merge all new threads with pre-order questions with this one to keep things nicely overviewable for you guys. We will also do our best to keep this OP updated with the most frequently asked questions.

-------------

Edit February 8, 2013 - MASSIVE UPDATE! See below an enormous collection of pre-order outlets and retailers.

This is a Work In Progress. More territories are pending!

-------------

Information that is now defunct:

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

When are the PC specs likely to be released?

Not that I really have any doubt of my machine's ability to run it, but it's still a good thing to know
    signature image

Do you get the same pre-order incentives when pre-ordering the special edition or any other editions of the game?

I'm here for that jacket and The Beginning comic!

Tomb Raider Steam pre-order region restricted? :(

I was thrilled today to see the Steam news blurb that the game was finally available for pre-order. Click on the link for the store page and...

"This item is currently unavailable in your region"

Why oh why is the Steam pre-order not available in Thailand? I have been waiting since the first preview trailer of the game to throw my money at you.

This is extremely disappointing. There are very few games that I am willing to pre-order and pay full price for, rather than waiting for awhile for reviews to roll in, prices to drop, and then there be the inevitable Steam sale. Tomb Raider was one of these "shut up and take my money!" games.

Is this region restriction intentional and not something that is likely to change? Or is it an oversight and something that can be fixed? My fingers are crossed for the latter. But for the time being, I am rather sad and very disappointed.

Sorry to hear that, Interactive Civilian

Have you tried contacting Steam customer support?

I don't use Steam myself, but I *think* the pre-orders on Steam (and every other retailer) is something that Square has no control over. But I could be wrong.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

It is my understanding that region restrictions on Steam are determined by the publisher, not by Steam.
    (I would be thrilled to be proven right or wrong about this with any kind of official info, because there don't seem to be any straight forward official sources anywhere about how region restrictions are handled or even how the regions are divided on Steam)

[edit]
    If Square Enix / Eidos do intend for it to be available on Steam in this region, and this is merely a mistake, then hopefully it can be fixed.

Of course, there may be the issue that something about the game's content (or content warnings or age restrictions or whatever) run afoul of rules for games being released in Thailand. This is, of course, assuming that there are any consistent rules. Judging by the games that are available in this region compared to the games that are not, any rules that exist are applied randomly and inconsistently. :/

We don't have retailers in my place so I have to use other places all the time. Now I want to get a hard copy of Tomb Raider from North America. Is it possible?

if i preorder the game with the aviatrix skin will lara wear that all the way through and will she get chance to have her normal outfit as well.

Interactive Civilian, is TR9 available for pre-order for any of the consoles in your country?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    We don't have retailers in my place so I have to use other places all the time. Now I want to get a hard copy of Tomb Raider from North America. Is it possible?
    There's always a chance someone will put it up on ebay, a NA CE.

Quote Originally Posted by tillymander View Post
    if i preorder the game with the aviatrix skin will lara wear that all the way through and will she get chance to have her normal outfit as well.
    I assume we'll be able to use the skin after playing the game once, either way I'm sure we'll have a choice of which outfit we wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Interactive Civilian View Post
    It is my understanding that region restrictions on Steam are determined by the publisher, not by Steam.
    (I would be thrilled to be proven right or wrong about this with any kind of official info, because there don't seem to be any straight forward official sources anywhere about how region restrictions are handled or even how the regions are divided on Steam)

[edit]
    If Square Enix / Eidos do intend for it to be available on Steam in this region, and this is merely a mistake, then hopefully it can be fixed.

Of course, there may be the issue that something about the game's content (or content warnings or age restrictions or whatever) run afoul of rules for games being released in Thailand. This is, of course, assuming that there are any consistent rules. Judging by the games that are available in this region compared to the games that are not, any rules that exist are applied randomly and inconsistently. :/
    Hey Interactive Civilian! I looked into this issue this morning, and the digital team came back to confirm that you can't pre-purchase TR on Steam in Asia/Japan as of this moment. I get the impression that they are working towards it, though, so I'll keep you updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Interactive Civilian View Post
    I was thrilled today to see the Steam news blurb that the game was finally available for pre-order. Click on the link for the store page and...

"This item is currently unavailable in your region"

Why oh why is the Steam pre-order not available in Thailand? I have been waiting since the first preview trailer of the game to throw my money at you.

This is extremely disappointing. There are very few games that I am willing to pre-order and pay full price for, rather than waiting for awhile for reviews to roll in, prices to drop, and then there be the inevitable Steam sale. Tomb Raider was one of these "shut up and take my money!" games.

Is this region restriction intentional and not something that is likely to change? Or is it an oversight and something that can be fixed? My fingers are crossed for the latter. But for the time being, I am rather sad and very disappointed.
    Yes unfortunately some Games are Like that , but hopefully this one will get fixed .

still there are ways to buy the game in your region . you Can Always use Online services , they'll buy the Game for you and "GIFT" (Steam feature) it to you after the purchase . it's what i always do to buy games from Steam , I have the same Region problem most of the time .
    signature image

The list of retailers seems US focused so what about other regions? For instance will you be doing any exclusives with GAME in the UK?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by GemmaDarkmoon View Post
    The list of retailers seems US focused so what about other regions? For instance will you be doing any exclusives with GAME in the UK?
    exclusives next to the collector and survival edition you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Hey Interactive Civilian! I looked into this issue this morning, and the digital team came back to confirm that you can't pre-purchase TR on Steam in Asia/Japan as of this moment. I get the impression that they are working towards it, though, so I'll keep you updated!
    Thank you very much for this. I hope it gets resolved soon.

I know I could always have someone States-side purchase the pre-order as a gift on Steam to get around this, but that can be really annoying when it comes down to DLC in the future (a problem I ran into with Batman: Arkham City, a game which was available for pre-order and suddenly was not available in my region anymore at release time, meaning I can't directly buy the DLC for the game). Better to see the situation resolved directly if possible.

So, thanks very much for looking into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Interactive Civilian, is TR9 available for pre-order for any of the consoles in your country?
    Not being a console gamer (and pretty much only buying my games through Steam, GoG, and very rarely Origin), I don't know for sure, so I did a quick Google.

I found at least one shop that has the PS3 version for Pre-order. Link.
    (though I notice the page hasn't been updated in some time as they still list the release as sometime in Dec. 2012)

However, I'm an expat living here and I can't read (and therefore can't search in) Thai, so my googling is probably not very effective at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwoodsoftime View Post
    Yes unfortunately some Games are Like that , but hopefully this one will get fixed .

still there are ways to buy the game in your region . you Can Always use Online services , they'll buy the Game for you and "GIFT" (Steam feature) it to you after the purchase . it's what i always do to buy games from Steam , I have the same Region problem most of the time .
    the same thing in hong kong. i felt like playing alien vs. predator again but i dint had the retail version with me. but i knew i can download it from steam. but when i entered the name, it told me that its not available in my region.
    but because i had it in my account, i was able to find it in my library and download it from there.

but the funny thing is, over steam the game is not available, but you could the retail version without any problem in any store.
    signature image

Will the CE be available for Ireland at some shop such as HMV or Gamestop?

Plus why some region get different things? Surely fans wants everything...

Do the pre-order incentives for the standard edition also apply to the Collector's Edition? Or does the CE pre-order not come with bonuses? Or yet to be announced?

I have heard that TR will support Arabic, and Karl s confirmed it on twitter.
    I have tried to contact Karl and meagan on twitter to just make sure but i didn't get an answer !!

So if its going to support Arabic should I pre-order the European version of the game or will there be an ME version?
    "If you don't know who I am, maybe the best course of action is to tread lightly..."W.W

Yup he confirmed the Arabic subtitle for Tomb Raider. But he also tweeted you this:
    @Abdullah10Nida @amasj1414 watch this space. I'll let you know our full plans soon.
    So keep checking that space and you will get more details soon I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Yup he confirmed the Arabic subtitle for Tomb Raider. But he also tweeted you this:

So keep checking that space and you will get more details soon I guess.
    Thanks But that isn't me
    "If you don't know who I am, maybe the best course of action is to tread lightly..."W.W

Interactive Civilian you can wait but if you really want that copy now you can ask someone to gift it for you, alot of people does that mostly with L4D2, for avoiding the censored version.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah10 View Post
    I have heard that TR will support Arabic, and Karl s confirmed it on twitter.
    I have tried to contact Karl and meagan on twitter to just make sure but i didn't get an answer !!

So if its going to support Arabic should I pre-order the European version of the game or will there be an ME version?
    Errr...if Karl confirmed it on Twitter, then it's confirmed. What more do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Errr...if Karl confirmed it on Twitter, then it's confirmed. What more do you want?
    if its going to support Arabic should I pre-order the European version of the game or will there be an ME version?

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast