Page 4 of 4 First First 1234

Thread: Anyone enjoy FFIX a lot?

Anyone enjoy FFIX a lot?

I love the game. I just finished it in December. I played Dissidia first and I really liked Zidane, but after playing the actuall game, Zidane and Garnet are my favorite couple (next to Yuna and Tidus and Cecil and Rosa, etc.) But yeah, the soundtrack, the characters, the storyline! Who didn't enjoy Kuja as a villian? I agree with Tiael there, too. I really love dragoons, too ever since Kain Highwind, Cid Highwind and Kimahri Ronso, etc! (Jump FTW~)

I have so much respect for this game. This game was the first Final Fantasy in main series I have played (I did play Final Fantasy Adventure on the Game boy before that but I would like to think that doesn't count). Since then, I have been hooked to the series, AND I have been hooked to RPGs in general. Also, this game is one of the most replayed game in my library -- my memory cards really show that!

I love it. while ff7 remains my favorite for nostalgic reason i do consider 9 to be the best game in the series. They nailed pretty much everything in this one. Its sad that no entry has managed to deliver since 9 so for me it has also come to represent the final chapter in the series. Thats my own (very subjective) opinion of course.

Nine is actually my favorite game in the series and I love the character arcs that drive it on. ^^

I really enjoy Final Fantasy IX. I'm actually playing it right now and it's really fun. My favorite characters would have to be Freya, Vivi, and Cid.

Although, I'm not sure if its because I've played "faster games," but even on the fastest settings I still find the battle speed to be average. It only "feels" fast when I'm eating and playing at the same time so I have to be on my toes.

For example:

Me: -eating meatballs- -looks at plate- -looks back at sceen- "OH SNAP! VIVI IS DEAD! I GOTTA REVIVE HIM NOW!"

The story and music are fantastic. My favorite song would have to be between the theme of Burmecia or the theme of Lindublum.

Also, hasn't anyone wondered how Garnet's mother is ugly but she came out so pretty?

Originally Posted by Pringer dx

Also, hasn't anyone wondered how Garnet's mother is ugly but she came out so pretty?

The Queen is not Garnet's real mother. Think back to the dream Garnet had at the very beginning of the game.

But Sarah DID look exactly like the queen's hornless child. Or so they say.

Originally Posted by alanman178
    Originally Posted by Pringer dx

The Queen is not Garnet's real mother. Think back to the dream Garnet had at the very beginning of the game.
    I suppose you're right.

Originally Posted by Grimoire

But Sarah DID look exactly like the queen's hornless child. Or so they say.

"They" are wrong! ALL wrong, I tell ya! lol It's been a while since I've played the game. I can't remember the whole deal with that part of the story. I'll have to throw in FF9 again.

So you don't trust Dr. Tot?

[Tot: "That girl has a horn..."

"That horn..."

[Flashback]
    "I had completely forgotten about it until now..."

"I'd never been as surprised as I was that day."

"A ship drifted ashore after a storm... Inside the ship were a woman and a baby girl..."

"The woman was dead, but the girl was still breathing..."

"Imagine my surprise as I looked into the girl's face!"

"Because the girl..."

"...looked exactly like Princess Garnet, who had just passed away."

"With one exception..."

"She had a horn!"

"A human with a horn..."

"Where did she come from?"

"The king ordered the girl's horn removed."

"The girl cried out in pain..."

"He and his wife, Queen Brahne, decided to raise the girl as Princess Garnet..."

"But that girl who spoke to me... Could she be related to Princess Garnet...?"]

Best final fantasy ever imo. I love that game.

Originally Posted by Tiael
    Originally Posted by kupo1705

It's great.

The characters, music, dialogue and the overal design is amazing. Lindblum is my favourite town from any video game.

The battle system is horrible though.

Yeah, they initially aimed for a faster battle system, but had some issues with it.

I don't mind it, it certainly could be faster, but that's really my only gripe with it.
    Lindblum is indeed the most awesomest place in any video game and the cutscene as u go into lindblum for the first time is still the most memorable scene for any ff i've ever played. Does anyone ever start ff9 just to hear the opening music ?

Final Fantasy IX is my favourite game in the series and one of my favourite games of all time. Great game.

14 years ago I was 9 years old. I had just finished Final Fantasy VIII and I got Final Fantasy IX for Christmas. I never got round to finishing it and before too long I lost the case. So I brought the game and used my old playstation 2 (Memory cards took me back lol) I have just 10 minutes ago finished that awesome, awesome game. It nearly brought a tear to my eye. I didn't train enough for the very last boss but I just managed to great through by the skin of my teeth to make the ending that much more satisfying. A absolute joy . Trying to avoid spoiler these past 14 years has been hard but it has been worth it. Thank you Squaresoft (Square-enix)

My favorite character lineup was usually Zidane, Steiner, Vivi, and Amarant. Hardly ever used the rest.

I don't know what my favorite place was, but Lindblum was cooler than Alexandria easily. Treno was way cool, though, and the piano music kind of kicked it off for me as well, so that might be it. Still not sure, though.

The battles could have been better, it was pretty basic, but I had no problems with it at the time, that's purely out of retrospect. Trance, though, pissed me off. It was like "hey man, I was saving that" and then bam, you lost it to a spider or something. So there was that little design flaw, but that's ok.

I mainly remember how they communicated the environments and manipulated your perception of the story and your expectations of what was to come. In Burmecia, it was glum and dark and rainy, and in Treno it was ominous and corrupt, and Cleyra felt safe because it was sunny and a little bit floral. Those are just a couple of examples. They also, similarly, portrayed emotion better than in some titles, which is something I thought FF7 was lacking, as much as I liked it. Overall, I think it was very well made, especially for its time, even though the mechanics weren't necessarily innovative.

Also liked the mini-games. Even Tetra Master, once I figured it out (about 2 years ago, finally, when I looked it up)

It was like "hey man, I was saving that" and then bam, you lost it to a spider or something
    I agree, yep, it could happen
    But anyway, FF9 is my favourite one. The world so unique, all those towns and characters just amazing. All mini-games are great and I liked that armour (weapon) -based skill-learning system very much
    We are on Collective! Please support the project with your vote! Many thanks
    http://collective.square-enix.com/projects/154/sacred-artefacts-tactical-challenge

Page 4 of 4 First First 1234