Thread: Wayne Haas

Wayne Haas

Wayne Haas

I've been told there is an option to point out a bottle of pills in the trash behind him and threaten to report him in order to get into the morgue, but for the life of me i cannot unlock that option can anyone tell me how to get it?

That's interesting.

I would like to know too.

(click image to enlarge)

...This is new to me. If true, I wonder if it involves sneaking into the office to find said bottle.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

Are you sure it isn't just the basic "dialogue battle"? I know when you succeed at that, it involves pointing out that he's taking prescription medication while on-duty, which could get him fired.
    "Square Root of 912.04 is 30.2... It all seemed so harmless..."

Yeah, I've come across this on my fifth playthrough or something. It's part of the conversation battle. Not sure how I got it though. But I was really surprised when I did.
    You got a funny way of talking... JJB.

I think it happens if you have the CASIE aug at the time- the activate pheromones weirdness. I love that convo battle, it's got so many responses.

Casie aug if I remember.

Though it comes across as the 'ass-hole' way of getting yourself into the morgue.

I mean, come on, we all gots problems. Poor Wayne's just gotta ease his pain his own way right?
    Play games for the story

I can't stand playing the game as an ***. I hated every second of it when I was trying to find all the content in there. Putting down Wayne, crushing Megan's mom... Videogames can really help you understand what kind of person you are.
    You got a funny way of talking... JJB.

Originally Posted by Zerim
    I can't stand playing the game as an ***. I hated every second of it when I was trying to find all the content in there. Putting down Wayne, crushing Megan's mom... Videogames can really help you understand what kind of person you are.
    Same here. Even when I try to do "evil" playthroughs in games, I invariably can't keep it up for more than twenty minutes. lol

Wayne Hass :/ Chet Wagner was a prick. I stood up close with him , looking in his face and just felt the urge to bang his head against a wall hard. Garbage.
    All those moments will be lost in time...like...tears...in the rain. *goosebumps follow*

Originally Posted by Romeo
    Same here. Even when I try to do "evil" playthroughs in games, I invariably can't keep it up for more than twenty minutes. lol
    I feel the same way. Have tried so many times to play the bad guy. Always end up going good again.

I just can't man...I can't do it.

I especially can't do it in games where other people recognize the a$$holery. Like how in Deus Ex the characters you love just think you are an awful person.

Apparently, I seek approval and compliments (but only from certain people). Truly the best.

Originally Posted by spyhopping
    I think it happens if you have the CASIE aug at the time- the activate pheromones weirdness. I love that convo battle, it's got so many responses.
    You're correct. You have to use the Casie. Not the Alpha or Beta.. darn, braincramp.. what is the weak one? You use the weak one on him. Spoiler.. if you use it, just be prepared for a hostile confrontation at Jensen's apt as Jensen is about to exit the elevator after returning from PICUS. Haas will be waiting to confront you because you blackmailed him, and he will not be friendly. There is no diffusing that situation. It's a kill or be killed.

Originally Posted by DXeXodus
    I feel the same way. Have tried so many times to play the bad guy. Always end up going good again.
    Originally Posted by EricaLeeVee
    I just can't man...I can't do it.

I especially can't do it in games where other people recognize the a$$holery. Like how in Deus Ex the characters you love just think you are an awful person.

Apparently, I seek approval and compliments (but only from certain people). Truly the best.
    I'm glad you two fessed up to it, otherwise I would've felt like an oddball. =P
    Originally Posted by hybridex
    You're correct. You have to use the Casie. Not the Alpha or Beta.. darn, braincramp.. what is the weak one? You use the weak one on him. Spoiler.. if you use it, just be prepared for a hostile confrontation at Jensen's apt as Jensen is about to exit the elevator after returning from PICUS. Haas will be waiting to confront you because you blackmailed him, and he will not be friendly. There is no diffusing that situation. It's a kill or be killed.
    Think wolf: Omega.

Thanks for the assist, Romeo. I was thinking gamma for some reason. Ahhhh.. didn't had my coffee yet. Although, you lost me on the "Think wolf" bit. How's that in relation to remembering Omega?

Originally Posted by DXeXodus
    I think one playthrough I went good again too. I would like to see what the game has to offer so I'm on a bad playthrough now.

Sarif has something different to say when you have that conversation with him after you have that talk with Pritchard in your office. The game was already different that early on, so I'm curious to see what the rest of the game is like when you're bad.

Do I like being bad? No. I find it difficult sometimes. I care about the characters, which I find a bit hard to do nowadays in games.

Originally Posted by hybridex
    Thanks for the assist, Romeo. I was thinking gamma for some reason. Ahhhh.. didn't had my coffee yet. Although, you lost me on the "Think wolf" bit. How's that in relation to remembering Omega?
    Wolf pack hierarchy consists of Alpha pair, Beta pair, general populous, and then the Omegas. Omegas are known for essentially being the pushovers of the pack, they are there to be dominated by the higher-ups to relieve their stress.

Thank you for all the replies i have since found a video on youtube detailing this conversation. to point out the pills you must have the CASIE aug and activate the pheromones after he stands up and leans against the bookshelf behind him, after that pick the omega option

Wolf pack hierarchy consists of Alpha pair, Beta pair, general populous, and then the Omegas. Omegas are known for essentially being the pushovers of the pack, they are there to be dominated by the higher-ups to relieve their stress.
    Did not know that about wolfpack. Alpha is always the common, but you don't hear much about beta and omega unless you study wolves and their behaviors. Thanks.. You learn new things everyday.

Originally Posted by Livesundersink
    Thank you for all the replies i have since found a video on youtube detailing this conversation. to point out the pills you must have the CASIE aug and activate the pheromones after he stands up and leans against the bookshelf behind him, after that pick the omega option
    Yup.. Yeah, going off the tangent here, but unfortunately, I don't like talking to Wayne. I sneak in the PD everytime I replay, get Ghost and SO, and then take out Mr. Haas and also bad boy Chet.. and if ever need my firefight fix, taking out all cops in there does satisfy the urge..