Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Widescreen support for Soul Reaver 2

this one is dead to.............can someone upload this file again.........

and can somebody explain to me ......................I have the Gog 1.02 English version and I ran a search for the initial values with no matches showing.
    its because in the GOG version the exe file is packed ........what is the difference between GoG exe and "regular" exe........different values in hex editor?

I'm pretty clueless, myself, about the Hexadecimal stuff. I've uploaded the SR2 - widescreen.exe to my OneDrive, so at lease it's there for people if they need it:

http://1drv.ms/1IpwsiJ

Thanks

http://ps2wide.net/pc.html The fix right here (it's a site for PS2 games, but hosts a fix for PC version for SR2) seems superior to the one posted above - for one, when I tested it, it didn't seem to have the invisible enemies glitch.
    AKA RT on Steam and Count D on old Eidos forums

Hi guys, I don't know exactly how to use the nemesis2000's Widescreen FIX because the instructions posted by him to edit the .exe are fine and I can edit the file without problems (unpacking the steam version exe), but I've seen that in this web ps2wide.net there is a 7z file with three .dll and one .ini

I don't know if I have to edit the unpacked steam .exe and use it with the files of the 7z file or only use the files of the 7z files without edit the unpacked .exe (dlls apply the changes in memory)

If you can tell me what I have to do to play in widescrren, it would be helpful.

Regars, sorry for my english and re-upload this old thread.

Hi Raskaipika. If you look at my post above you, I've uploaded SR2.exe to my OneDrive and you can just download that and replace the one in the game folder with that. All of the Widescreen stuff is incorporated.

Quote Originally Posted by Raskaipika View Post
    I don't know if I have to edit the unpacked steam .exe and use it with the files of the 7z file or only use the files of the 7z files without edit the unpacked .exe (dlls apply the changes in memory)
    dll applies the changes in memory, but I have only GOG version, so I can't tell how it will work with steam version

GOG and Steam versions are absolutely identical down to a byte.
    AKA RT on Steam and Count D on old Eidos forums

Thanks for posting links for SR2 widescreen fix guys. I have GoG version of SR2, it really means a lot because in this game Raziel looks really short without the fix. Anyhow, the version from this site has some glitches, some enemies are indeed invisible.
    JanusDominus, you mentioned that another fix from ps2wide site is superior, because it doesn't have this bug. I would like to try it, but alas, explanation how to run it seems to be missing a step. I'm all good until step "Edit sr2.ini". How am I suppose to edit it? Do I need to paste it into game's directory? I can't replace anything in game's folder because there's no file with such name

Quote Originally Posted by veja24 View Post
    you mentioned that another fix from ps2wide site is superior, because it doesn't have this bug. I would like to try it, but alas, explanation how to run I can't replace anything in game's folder because there's no file with such name
    The archive you diwnloaded from ps2wide has the sr2.ini file you need to modify. You place everything from the archive into the root of the game and then modify the ini.

Still, I'm a little bummed about the dependency of dinput.dll and/or dinput8.dll. Is there any way around this, @nemesis-2000 ? I need those dll's for a different utility.

I'd really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by mackdanny View Post
    Is there any way around this
    http://ps2wide.net/files/sr2_widescreen.7z

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis-2000 View Post
    Wow man, thanks a lot! I wish I knew how you did it so I wouldn't have to ask you for a favor every time one of your fixes conflicts with a file I have. I had trouble with MGS2 also but I'll see if I can figure it out, I wouldnt wanna take from your busy day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123