Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Defiance Modding Thread - Widescreen Support, Texture Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    It has a 400 MB limit.
    You can always make a multipart RAR archive. It will make downloads longer (one file for 30 minutes) but it's still faster than for example Rapidshare's 30 kb/s limit.

I think you're right. For Defiance, it would only be the credits and I am sure people can wait on that one.

And I much preferred it when you hosted your file with it, due to the lack of adverts in your face.

Ok, I'll start uploading to Hotfile. Thanks, Paradoks

Edit: Updated the links to the Intro and End of Defiance. I'll work on the credits later.

The OP has been updated. All files are hosted on Hotfile, so they should work. Please let me know if there are any problems.

No problems here, finished downloading all the files you uploaded, Adrive was giving me headaches, thanks for changing the host

Thank God it works It was giving me headaches, too, finding out that after all the uploading time it all takes, people couldn't download the files

I'm very glad they work for you now.

Update on feedback for the widescreen .exe:

Everything is working great. The only oddities I've seen are minor. Besides noting that a few of the earlier cutscenes play with Kain and Moebius, for instance, a little more center and distanced from our viewpoint, the one later on with Mortanius is the one that you will notice a real change. Namely, Mortanius standing over the pit in the Catecombs now hovers a few inches in the air off of the ledge. And later when Raziel talks to him and he rears back to his bone throne/seat, he doesn't quite rest and interact with his hand right with it. He's grasping air.

Other than that, ingame has been fine. I noticed that one spot when Raziel is escaping the EG early on had the wall become transparent to reveal the blue nothing background. Oh, and one of the tendril enemies sprouted partially inside of the wall.

I have an issue with the Gog version. I keep getting a fatal error when launching the exe

Trying to fit memory size 269526388 Type = 8
    Available memory : used = 1057984, free = 49273632

I wish I knew what the issue was for you, Kaizainiel.

Related entirely: while changing textures using Texmod, I just discovered that the widescreen bars used in the game are a modifiable texture.

Edit: Due to the texture I found that controls the widescreen bars also stupidly being used by the game for other features -- one that makes it impossible to play without, in showing Kain's TK aim reticule -- I can't any longer suggest to people to replace this texture. The only way i can see it working for people is for those wanting to just watch the cutscenes.

Can someone tell me about LoK: Defiance requirements?

I have fixed the issue and now have a working widescreen exe for the Gog version. I will upload it when I have more time.

I'm glad, Kaizainiel Look forward to it.

To all: I've updated the OP here with new skins I've made, and many various other texture fixes, for Defiance. Check them on out I've also altered this thread to be the official modding thread for Defiance, so expanding from just the widescreen alterations.

Thanks so much, Hylden! However, I can´t download the pack :/ it keeps saying I am downloading something from hotfile and that I can´t download two files at once, even though I am not downloading anything... could you also provide a link on sendspace? Thanks!

You have to wait a half an hour between downloading things from Hotfile. It probably is still counting the minutes from the wings file I sent you. Just wait like ten, or fifteen minutes, and I am sure it will work .

I can't use SendSpace here, as there are too many pop-up ads and advertizements.

Hmm that is weird, never got any pop-ups with sendspace,that´s why I like it.. but I have adblock on, so I don´t really see too many advertisements on any sites... After an hour, it still won´t let me download from hotfile.. could you maybe send me the link to sendspace in a PM? Man, I just saw that you made a fix for defiance intro and credits, I will download that too! Thanks a lot Hylden!

Hylden: What about Mediafire?

I'll check it out. In the meantime, Raina, have you x-ed out of your browser and restarted? Might be that. It shouldn't be giving you problems.

**Updated the links, after Count D pointed out that Kain's TK blood drinking had a missing texture.**

Oh okay, I finally downloaded the file after like 2 hours I will download the newest update too, thanks!

Here is the link for the working Gog widescreen version http://filebeam.com/d23cad79cb37bfd68c313c650e68d464

I don't have the GoG version, but if people can verify that everything works with this file, I'll update the OP with this as an alternative download to Marcelo's one, Kaidainiel.

Updated the OP with the new Moebius and staff skins

Idk, Marcelo's GOG version works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Count D View Post
    Idk, Marcelo's GOG version works fine for me.
    Interesting. What windows build are you using? I'm using Ultimate 64-bit

When I had the difficulty with widescreen Gog exe, I compared the old 1.1 version to the to the widescreen 1.1 version, all that had changed was the aspect ratio offsets as Marcelo had shown. However when I compared the gog version to Marcelo's Gog widescreen, there was a huge difference. So I just changed the offsets in the original. This can be an alternative to those that are having the same problems I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizainiel View Post
    Interesting. What windows build are you using? I'm using Ultimate 64-bit

When I had the difficulty with widescreen Gog exe, I compared the old 1.1 version to the to the widescreen 1.1 version, all that had changed was the aspect ratio offsets as Marcelo had shown. However when I compared the gog version to Marcelo's Gog widescreen, there was a huge difference. So I just changed the offsets in the original. This can be an alternative to those that are having the same problems I did.
    Win7 32-bit. What problems?

Update: Revised Kain with slight bump he needed to his saturation. I've updated the Kain skin and full texture pack downloads. I won't keep updating the full one for every change, until big ones occur, seeing as it's pretty large. I'll wait until the Sarafan Keep is done, or perhaps the dungeon area, at least.

@Kaizainel
    Yep, that was the entire purpose of the guide I wrote, so one could manually patch the exe If needed, though I don't know what happened to the GoG exe, I repeated the same process editing the exe, don't know I launched the GoG edition and just ran fine in my system (Windows 7 SP1 64 bit). I will take a look at the exe one more time.

Greetings fellow Lok fans,
    As probably most of you, I never was really happy about the new direction of style used in Defiance. I found it way too cartoony. After I found out there was a way to edit the game textures and viewing The_Hylden's work, I decided to try it out myself and change up the main characters the way I envisioned them.

Here is a little preview. Some will be edited more than others. When I'm completely done and satisfied I'll make the skinpack and textures available for download.

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

Finished up Raziel's skin.

(click image to enlarge)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast