Thread: Leaderboard Mechanics

Leaderboard Mechanics

Leaderboard Mechanics

How do the leaderboards work? If three friends and I constantly play is there a chance that we could take the top two spots to get the True Elite and Celebrity achievements for the 360? Do you have to best the person at the top in a match or can you get a higher position without ever playing against them?

My current understanding is that one person holds the top of the leaderboard ransom for MSP of XBox Live subscriptions and anyone that gets close is pushed further down by him/her creating silver accounts that best the current number 1 thus forcing the person get close further down. Obviously the method is shady but it has effectively prevented numerous people from getting these achievements and that is why I am inquiring about how the leaderboards work to see if there is some way of getting this without going through this person. The obvious and best solution would be a leaderboard reset every couple of months to constantly give people a change to earn these.

The leaderboards were around for many years before I joined IOI so I'm not 100% on how they work.

I do know that we've decided to reset the leaderboards very soon. Go here for all the info: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=139157