Thread: Space Invaders Extreme

Space Invaders Extreme

Ah yes, this was my entry point to the series. I picked up the DS version of the first one on a minor whim, since I found out that Square Enix picked up Taito as a sub-company.

I think I like the second one a little better, though. Partly because it felt easier and more accessible to me, but also because it was a little more engaging with the Bingo system mixed in for strategic value.

And the electronic soundtrack. I wouldn't mind owning the CDs to both games if I could find them.

How about you?

The CD isn't any harder to find than any other Japanese import, I don't think. It's called Space Invaders Extreme Audio Cluster, right? You can def get it at CDJapan, and probs on Amazon too.

www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ZT...

Yeah, I've looked into the CD thing a long time ago, but that link might be handy in the future. Thanks!

As for the game itself (talking about Extreme 2, again), my favorite stages were 4B and 5E. Just... need to tighten up my shooting skills to beat that last stage, though it's tough to not be... distracted... by the "kawaii" girl voice SFX. :P

I enjoyed the PSP version. I wish it would make it on PSN so I could possibly play it on the Vita.