Thread: Ugh... Crash to desktop at Morgue. runtime error

Ugh... Crash to desktop at Morgue. runtime error

Ugh... Crash to desktop at Morgue. runtime error

At least I assume it is before Scarecrow, as soon as I entire the morgue, whispering starts and the game crashes to windows with a runtime error... Seriously, how on earth is this sort of problem NOT patched by now?

I load up the game, move just a few seconds at the entrance of the morgue, it quickly slows to a stuttering halt, the sound cracks and bam... error and crash to desktop.

I have an Alienware m11x, drivers fulling updated. I have no idea what to do, but apparently this is a common problem.

Advice? Rather frustrated since it seems to be tech problem after tech problem with this game and technical support has been a huge joke. They don't even assist me.

Thanks for any help. I really would just like to play the game I bought.

... so... um. Nothing ?

Originally Posted by Emoni
    ... so... um. Nothing ?
    might be because we have not had the problem happen to us?

at any rate what video chipset does it use and does it meet the game
    system requirments

http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...spec/cs_en.pdf

Specs off the dell site. Game runs PERFECTLY other than this one spot where it crashes later in the game.

Realtek ALC665 the game has a problem with realtek audio chipset
    you might try going to realtek and update your audio drivers

and a video chipset the is below par
    Video controller integrated on the system board
    Discrete video controller
    Intel GS45

so i would guess it is your laptop causing the issue
    just because it says alienware dies not mean it will run everything

Thanks for the reply.

The game runs great, except for that one spot. If it IS infact the Realtek issue, then it has nothing to do with my computer, it has to do with the game itself. PC's being below any specs and running fine but glitching out at one part in the game two hours cannot be blamed on the computer in any shape or fashion.

I did update the drivers to everything and still have the problem. Which is why I posted.

ah but in the system requirements on the disk version i have has a warning about realtek sound cards are known to cause issues with the game

Seriously? That's new, instead of fixing the problem they just put a warning on it, let people run a risk then never patch it?