Thread: On the Subject of Premades Vs. Pubs

On the Subject of Premades Vs. Pubs

Post On the Subject of Premades Vs. Pubs

I'm starting to get very frustrated with the constant running into pre made groups of players. The size of them rarely matters since by the very nature that Teamwork trumps all these groups already have a foundation on which to build success whereas a fully PUG team is going to find them frustrating to fight. It is my belief it is a problem, and while I think it's great that you can get into the same match and play on the same team as your friends it shows a significant impact on matchmaking and the enjoy ability of the game when you're being smashed in the face.

With that in mind as being where I'm coming from I feel like something needs to be done of which there are many options here are some I think that should be considered at least until the player base is larger.

• Turn off the ability to make parties at this stage. While this resolves the issue of pubstomps it leads to the unfortunate in-ability to play with your friends easily.
    • Separate group's from those who are solo queuing. Unfortunately this means longer queues for those who choose to run in a group. But it's one way to help solve pub smashing while still allowing those who want to play together in a co-originated manner to do so.
    • As a hybrid solution enforce a requirement that when groups are formed each side shall have a premade group of the same size in their team. This could be used to try and keep group queues down while still doing the best it can to put teams on a level playing field. IE: 3+1 vs 3+1.

Anyways while there's no such thing as a perfect solution I don't think the present situation of being thrown into the container and having to fight as a full group of pugs vs more coordinated teams is all that enjoyable. So maybe this thread can serve as a basis towards improving it as much as can be done until the player base swells with open beta in the future.

This issue has already been discussed before but I'll post my thoughts anyway.

1. I disagree on removing the ability to make parties entirely, you wanting to play with a friend won't make your team autowin. There is nothing wrong with grouping with a (as in one) friend, it's hardly gamebreaking.

2. I agree on giving them a separate queue for groups of 3+ or more. But the issue with this is that the current playerbase is really small and that groups of that size will have to wait a very long time, in my opinion if they don't want to wait, make them queue separate. But I am sympathetic to not wanting to wait for who knows how long for a 20 minute game, so until we have a bigger playerbase it means these teams have to queue in the regular lobbies.

3. This falls with the same issue as number 2 and isn't necessarily a good idea. I mean it's really hard to match a premade vs premade with the current size of the playerbase.

Once the game moves in to open beta and we hopefully have more players then ideally there will be enough of a playerbase to give premade teams their own queue and keep them out of the regular lobbies and again, I disagree on putting groups of two in the premade queue, especially as more players come in. Two friends decide to play the game and form a group, it wouldn't be right to put first timers in a team only queue.

Edit: For some stuff, I wanted to add, being on or against a premade doesn't mean the game is over before it started. There are some really good players out there in the beta right now, I've been with some of them against a premade and we managed to win and I've been on a few premades myself and still lost.

Lastly, not all premades are using voice chat and super coordinated. I've grouped with a few people before on the premades, not to use voice chat or pubstomp, but just because I like playing with them. Folks like Boomstyx, DFA, black cardinal, can't pause, SiD, Omega, Colonel Roy, Aionazura, and a few others I've played with are awesome dudes that have really good attitudes and don't start whining and crying if we're losing and don't act like snobs if we're winning. Win or lose I'd rather play with them just because it makes my personal gaming experience more enjoyable.

I also admit, that it can be very frustrating playing with pubs that have no idea what they're doing, playing with people that at least know what they're doing fits in with the more enjoyable experience thing.
    Last edited by Khalith; 17th May 2014 at 09:31.
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

Also, you forgot the fact that just because teams queue together doesn't mean they do so regularly. Realistically, people see "oh no, a party" and freak out. More often than not it's not a 4-man party. Honestly, a 3-man team is worse than 4 halfway decent randoms since you have a stray messing the system up. It only takes one weak link.

On a side note: It's not all that uncommon for me to lose even in a premade with my teammates. And it's not always against vets either. I think people need t chill about the pre-made thing. being in a party only gets you so far. Many good players who've never played before can fight on par with a party just due to an experience thing and knowing how other people play.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

If pre-made parties really bother you that much, find some friends and make your own (that's what I did.)

Originally Posted by cmstache
    On a side note: It's not all that uncommon for me to lose even in a premade with my teammates. And it's not always against vets either. I think people need t chill about the pre-made thing. being in a party only gets you so far. Many good players who've never played before can fight on par with a party just due to an experience thing and knowing how other people play.
    ^ I agree with this.
    Last edited by PencileyePirate; 19th May 2014 at 05:44.

lots of really good players out there now, honestly the worst thing we face is a really bad matchmaker. It has a ridiculous tendency to stack all the high levels on the left side and the low levels on the right. I've seen this happen even in lobbies where I know there aren't groups. If that was fixed the "premades" wouldn't be quite so stronk.
    Team 200g
    signature image