Thread: Tomb Raider 2,3,4 for Wide Screen - Done!

Tomb Raider 2,3,4 for Wide Screen

I done widescreen correction Tomb Raider 2,3,4 for 16:9 and any aspect ratio. Download archive and unpack it!

http://fighter.3v3r.com/tr_widescreen.zip

Enjoy the game!

In your readme you are promoting piracy. This is strictly forbidden here and you can get banned because of that.

The patches look useful, though. So if you can provide a clean rar file, you may PM me for it to be reviewed. Until then, this thread is closed.

Do not post that same rar file here again.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

PM received and the rar file looks okay now. Feel free to re-insert it, OP.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Thank you Driber! I re-insert my link!

Fascinating, I'm definitely going to give this a shot. I've played through the games recently and had to resort to a slightly distorted letterbox screen format, thanks for this!

I just try my best :-)

Hi Dirber!
    I had updated my archive! Please see it! No piracy!
    Enjoy!

Hi, folks!

I had moved TR2,3,4 Widescreen patch to a new address:

http://fighter.3v3r.com/tr_widescreen.zip

Actually my rar archive with patch contain one executable for three different aspect ratio:

16:9
    16:10
    5:4

Sincerely, Ed.

Thanks for the great patch! Was quite useful for TR3 and TR4, since they're the only TR (except for the 1st one) that can't be played in WS as is right now. It's possible to play TR2 in window mode in unstretched 1920x1080 + Actual Window Manager to look like it's fullscreen. Tested with the Steam/GoG versions of the game, the only flaw is that the in-game cutscenes are stretched. In any case, thanks for such nice gift, kurlyak!

Hi from Ukraine, folks!

Thanks for positive feedback!

I did released new (final I so think :-) version of wide screen patch for Tomb Raider 2,3,4, Gold Version and Mods. Now patch support ANY aspect ratio of screen.

Special thanks for Stella Lune!

http://tombraiders.net/

https://www.facebook.com/stellatombr...65399973496428

For future purposes I talk you all - my patch is FREE, you can download it, share, host and distribute without problem!

Who interesting is screenshot:

Enjoy the game!
    Ed.

Ed, this is great! My only suggestion is you should maybe post an explanation of why the patch is not needed for TR5 (Chronicles). Several players have asked me about this. I told them exactly what you told me, but others may still be wondering.

Thanks again for taking the time to do this for the fans.
    Tomb Raider Help & Walkthroughs at tombraiders.net

somehow I like the stretched Lara, she's cute :P
    OnT: Great patch, will try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Madenice View Post
    somehow I like the stretched Lara, she's cute :P
    I certainly wouldn't mind if Lara were a little chunkier, but I like that the patch fixes the distortion in the scenery.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kurlyak View Post
    I done Tomb Raider 2,3,4 for Wide Screen 16:9 and I know how do it for aspect ratio 16:10. Download my archive and unpack it, and read ReadMe.txt!

Enjoy!
    Good job, this patch works fine! Could be possible add the 3:4 aspect ratio for can restore the original aspect ratio?

A thing more, are you interesting in translating it? I could do it in Spanish

Texts:
    Old Games Widescreen Patch - Parche pantalla ancha para juegos antiguos
    Select Aspect Ratio - Seleccionar relación de aspecto
    Enter Arbitrary Aspect Ratio - Introducir relación de aspecto arbitraria
    Monitor Width - Ancho del monitor
    Monitor Height - Alto del monitor
    Ready For Patching! - ¡Preparado para el parcheado!
    Apply - Aplicar
    Exit - Salir
    Readme file:
    Coloca el parche en la carpeta del juego y ejecútalo. Este parche ha sido probado en los siguientes juegos:

Tomb Raider 2, 3, 4, versiones gold y mods
    Need for Speed 2 Hot Pursuit

Correo electrónico: mr.fourblack.ukr.net
    Cheers
    Working in TR1 & TR2 Translations

When I posted this on my Facebook page, a few players asked why Chronicles wasn't included in the patch. I talked about this with Ed. The upshot: it's not necessary since Chronicles already runs in widescreen.

FROM ED:

A few words about Tomb Raider 5 Chronicles for widescreen.

No need widescreen patch for Tomb Raider 5 Chronicles. Just need select proper resolution in settings window, as in screenshot below. I had select 1920x1080 (this is widescreen resolution) and need in settings window select widescreen resolution for game. If select standard resolution (not widescreen) for example 800x600, 1280x1024 etc., then will distortion in game (fat Lara)!

http://imageshack.us/a/img268/4696/rjbn.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img844/7743/uvvy.jpg

Widescreen monitor have aspect ratio 16x9 (that is 16/9=1.7) and standard monitor have aspect ratio 4x3 (that is 4/3 = 1.3). Now see: 1920/1080=1.7 - it is widescreen proportion and 800/600 = 1.3 and 1280/1024 = 1.3 that standard proportion.

Conclusion is simple - in Tomb Raider 5 Chronicles just need select proper WIDESCREEN resolution in settings window.

Enjoy!

Ed.

Hi!

Thanks for positive feedback. My thanks to you all! Thank you, Stella and guys!

At first I tell, that patch (when it applied) have to create reserve copy EXE file of game. For example if you apply patch for "tomb3.exe" you must get reserve file "4x3.tomb3.exe" in game folder. Better to copy patch in game folder and run it.

Maybe later will be Spanish version!

At now - some math :-)

For example you have monitor and it have aspect ratio 4x3. What this mean? This is mean that "width of your monitor" greater then "height of your monitor" in 1,3 times. Monitor is wider that higher in 1,3 times. This because 4 divided by 3 is equal 1,3.

For example you have monitor and it have aspect ratio 16x9. What this mean? This is mean that "width of your monitor" greater then "height of your monitor" in 1,7 times. Monitor is wider that higher in 1,7 times. This because 16 divided by 9 is equal 1,7.

And so on for aspect ratio 16x10 (is equal 1,6), 5x4 (is equal 1,25) etc.

Tomb Raider 5 Chronicles oneself calculate aspect ratio for screen game. Just need in game settings window setup proper resolution - WIDESCREEN RESOLUTION.

Before as appear widescreen monitors - was only standard set screen resolution. For example all them aspect ratio is always equal 1,3:

640x480 (640 divided by 480 is equal 1,3)
    800x600 (800 divided by 600 is equal 1,3)
    1024x768 (1024 divided by 768 is equal 1,3)

and so on.

After had appeared widescreen monitors with additional set of screen resolution (WIDESCREEN RESOLUTION). For example all them aspect ratio is always more then value 1,3:

1600x900 (1600 divided by 900 is equal 1,7)
    1920x1080 (1920 divided by 1080 is equal 1,7)
    1366x768 (1366 divided by 768 is equal 1,7)

When I play Tomb Raider 5 Chronicles on my laptop I set resolution 1366x768 (widescreen resolution) special resolution for my widescreen laptop LCD display.

Do you understand? Just explore in your Windows version what is widescreen resolutions for your display, and set specific widescreen resolution in game settings window.

Main difference widescreen resolution, that division "width of screen" by "height of screen" must be more then value 1.3 (for example value must be 1,7 or 1,6 etc.).

Do not be lazy, check yourself! It is simple math.

How to run game settings window after game was run more then first time. Just need to create shortcut for tomb5.exe:

"D:\Games\TR5\PCTomb5.exe" setup

And run this shortcut, select WIDESCREEN RESOLUTION and enjoy the widescreen Tomb Raider 5 Chronicles.

I do not know other way.

For example in screenshot below I set widescreen resolution 1920x1080 and play Tomb Raider 5 Chronicles on widescreen display:

Ed.

Thanks for the patch update. Such a great gift for all oldschool gamers.

Use, I'm happy too! :-) I'm also playing widescreen.

Thumbs Down Site is down

I'd love to use the widescreen patch but the site that hosts it seems to be down and I can't find any mirrors. Stella's site for example, just leads to this forum.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see tombraiders.net has it. But your site still leads to 403 pages when you click the links.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSeveN View Post
    I'd love to use the widescreen patch but the site that hosts it seems to be down and I can't find any mirrors. Stella's site for example, just leads to this forum.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see tombraiders.net has it. But your site still leads to 403 pages when you click the links.

Mr. Fourblack's new site is here: http://agent077.ho.ua/ but as you mentioned, I do now mirror the patches on tombraiders.net.

Kurlyak has fixed the links on his website. Yesterday they were still pointing to his old domain.

Quote Originally Posted by stellalune View Post
    Mr. Fourblack's new site is here: http://agent077.ho.ua/ but as you mentioned, I do now mirror the patches on tombraiders.net.
    Yeah that's the site I was trying to use before posting here. When I'd click a link it would lead to a page in Russain with a 403 message saying it was forbidden or something along those lines. Looks like it's working now.

Also, ah, I hadn't noticed your site was tombraiders.net. I always get there through Google by typing "Tomb Raider 2" for example and never looked at the URL. Now I feel a bit silly saying "Can't find it on Stella's site, but I found it on tombraiders.net." :P

Nice patch, but it seems to just cut/crop the top and bottom off rather then extend the sides. I'd rather it just be stretched or play in 4:3.

hi guys
    I can play tomb raider 5 in 1920*1080 but in the game is one problem! It is screenshot of load game!
    When I loaded game background image does not match! What I mean is that the background is black
    It's not so Important prablem but I like see background of loads in TR5
    plz help me

Last edited by Hotsam1; 12th Mar 2015 at 22:52.