Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Reset the leaderboards!

Reset the leaderboards!

Come on square enix ur a popular company among the gaming community just reset the leaderboards

Im a big fan of most games you've made kane and lynch was my favourite but due to the 2 achievements that people and myself can't get worth 0g im wondering if i should keep buyin your games. My friends are also with me and what i say is you earned money from us for the game so we should be getting the full amount of unlockables. I don't want the leaderboards reset just do a patch where everyone unlocks the achievements when loading the game. People are scaming money from your lack of work with these 2 achievements and it's not right. If we dont hear anything from this then i dont see why i should put money in your pockets. Its only £40 odd pounds from me and that won't affect you but what about all the people that are annoyed with you across the world now thats alot of money. From a very disatisfied customer

Thanks for all the replies. Let's keep this thread active!

Kane and Lynch achievements

I too would really like to see the "Celebrity" and "True Elite" achievements made able to unlock by players. It is clear that the leaderboards are being held by a group of people, with no hope of anyone else unlocking them. Resetting the leaderboards might not even be the best option, because those people would be able to resume their activity immediately. I think what someone else suggested might work better, though. Adding the characters Kane and Lynch both to the randomized character rotation seems more fair. This would both encourage players to play more and longer, and would still make these achievements obtainable for everyone. Giving the characters a 2% and 1% chance respectively (or even 0.2% and 0.1%) would be more pragmatic than the leaderboard method, which would give everyone at least a chance.

I hope this is considered. Continued support for an older game is one of the best ways a company can keep loyal fans.

I too am in favor of a leaderboard reset.

However, posting in this forum is not how we would accomplish this. Kane & Lynch is an old game. They have already made all the money they are going to make off of it. If we hope to have the leaderboards reset, they must have a reason to do so. Unfortunately, that reason has to be to shut us up.

We need emails, phone numbers, and other contact information for whoever may be involved in doing this. We then need a large number of people, probably 200 or so, to bombard that information with a leaderboard reset request daily (or at least weekly).

You may not approve of this method, but it worked on EA for LOTR: Battle For Middle Earth 2. The leaderboards were broken (which these basically are too) and the servers were getting ready to close. We sent hundreds of emails and they agreed to reset them. It only takes one person ten minutes to do a leaderboard reset.

If you have contact information, provide it. Unfortunately I'm not motivated enough to look up the developers and other people associated with this game. If you seriously want a leaderboard reset, it takes more effort than asking "please".

Originally Posted by Park Diesel
    I too am in favor of a leaderboard reset.

However, posting in this forum is not how we would accomplish this. Kane & Lynch is an old game. They have already made all the money they are going to make off of it. If we hope to have the leaderboards reset, they must have a reason to do so. Unfortunately, that reason has to be to shut us up.

We need emails, phone numbers, and other contact information for whoever may be involved in doing this. We then need a large number of people, probably 200 or so, to bombard that information with a leaderboard reset request daily (or at least weekly).

You may not approve of this method, but it worked on EA for LOTR: Battle For Middle Earth 2. The leaderboards were broken (which these basically are too) and the servers were getting ready to close. We sent hundreds of emails and they agreed to reset them. It only takes one person ten minutes to do a leaderboard reset.

If you have contact information, provide it. Unfortunately I'm not motivated enough to look up the developers and other people associated with this game. If you seriously want a leaderboard reset, it takes more effort than asking "please".
    I already sent in a ticket. Never got an answer. Let's make a petition then.

If your going to make a petition do it in this post though.

Please reset the Kane and Lynch leaderboards! I absolutely loved the multiplayer portion of this game and really want to have all the achievements for this game. If not reset the leaderboards then perhaps change the specifics for unlocking the Celebrity/True Elite achievements.

I'm sure no one is truly worried about using the Kane/Lynch skins in MP so how about Celebrity unlocks for having all the single player achievements and True Elite unlocks for having all the multiplayer achievements.

Keep this active. Someone will eventually read it we hope...

I'd just like to add my voice to the others on here asking for a reset to the KNL leaderboards, as well as to say I think now it has to be done.

I gamed with some friends today getting the other achievements (in ranked of course) and we were checking to see what our Trueskill ranks were. It turns out that we are not moving at all on the leaderboards; none of us are moving up or down. We even had a friend join late in the matches and he is not even registering on the board at all.

We thought that the list might be full, but even 'tags that are already on the boards are not adjusting their current position of Trueskill, even though it is registering their match counts.

AxGryndr, illimunythai: I thought I'd post this problem here mostly for you guys to know and to pass on to others. Maybe since now that the leaderboards are actually screwed up, there might be a chance something can be done about it. Please pass it on to who you can.

Hello!

I'm here to show my support for this cause, to start off, I don't think this kind of achievements are right in the first place (specially for 0G), unless you intend to reset the leaderboards every now and then to give more people a chance at getting them and stop people who just like to mess things up or scam other players.

With that being said, I really hope you could implement a leaderboard reset every few months or something like that! Would be so great, not only because it would show you listen and care for the community but it would also make a lot of achievements/gamerscore fans very happy to finally being able to 100% this game.

Thank you, hopefully theres something you can do to help us out! keep making great games.

Regards;
    Jonker3262 (xbox live gamertag)

Thank you all the replies. If the leaderboards are not currently working then this is worse than we though. We need a reset or a way to earn these achievements! I can guarantee a lot more people will play this game if those achievements are unlockable.

ok kane and lynch leaderboards before they reset it will need to be fixed first! as there are blocks in the leaderboards in the top 300. so if it was to get reset you wont be ranking up because of the blocks unless you no what profiles pass that block i've had this game since march 2007 but never played online untill 2008. so if your going to reset the leaderboards make sure those block are fixed or theres no point in resetting them plus if people leave ranked matches they should lose rank as theres no point in playing games when you quit all the time. or put on weekly leaderboards and there will be no problem getting them achievements. it should take skill to be number 1 !!! not sadness

Originally Posted by runningman
    ok kane and lynch leaderboards before they reset it will need to be fixed first! as there are blocks in the leaderboards in the top 300. so if it was to get reset you wont be ranking up because of the blocks unless you no what profiles pass that block i've had this game since march 2007 but never played online untill 2008. so if your going to reset the leaderboards make sure those block are fixed or theres no point in resetting them plus if people leave ranked matches they should lose rank as theres no point in playing games when you quit all the time. or put on weekly leaderboards and there will be no problem getting them achievements. it should take skill to be number 1 !!! not sadness

You don't have this game since 2007 stop dreaming and don't try to be a veteran if you're not one
    March 2007 ? Game was released in november 2007, try again
    I'm on since the 1st day, the leaderboard was reset in december 2007 with a patch for fix some glitch

Leaderboard is "blocked" since 2010 without real reasons.

You all have my support people, eidos need to address issues that gamers have concern's with, leaderboards are the things that link everyone together, i realise it's an old game, but taking no notice of gamers complaints will surely have an effect on future game titles linked with such a company looking to rinse people of there hard earned, also surly a gamer that charges MS points for the possibility of obtaining the skins can be tracked and is this not a criminal offence....so crime is active amongst the leaderboards (blackmail)

I would love to see this leaderboard reset happen. Kane and Lynch is one of my favourite games on the Xbox 360 and has one of the most original multiplayer experiences I have ever played. It's a shame that multiplayer community has diminished and has only leaderboard blockers remaining. It would be amazing to see the community return for even a short time and I think a leaderboard reset or an opportunity to obtain the "True Elite" and "Celebrity" achievements would make that a possibility.

Thank you for your consideration - Crandy.

stop dreaming haha but as long as i know i had it in march 2007 then i dont really care what you think kid. your must be mad cause your not a true skill 50 and a veteran lol but lets try and get this leaderborad fixed did't come here to fight with kids!! plus it would be a great idea to lose rank when quiting haha reminds me of gears oh no my K/D haha rage quit take the loss if i made the rules it would be fair if you quit you get reset want to keep your rank win to keep

1st account :
    xXn3m0Xx ranked 15 trueskill 27 in 2007 then the leaderboard was reset in december 2007
    And i was #1 trueskill 50 in september 2008 with my account Kane75 (2nd account) you can check it on true achievement

My account Merk Squad 75 (3rd account) is actually #2 in cash leaderboard

Don't be mad, you're not a veteran no one know you

March 2007 hahahahaha when you lie, do it well

People as you destroy Kane & Lynch fake veteran and quiters as you who are scared to lose their boosted suits hahahahahaha

Kane & Lynch veteran since November 2007 till i die cry baby
    all these fake who came in 2010 for destroy it

well done for showing your true colours kid haha sad boosting kid holding it at #1 scared to let go nothing is more sad than you. clearly on here to see if there going to reset it just so u can be sad and hold #1 forever. and like i said before kid i dont care if you believe or not i had the game in march 2007. calling yourself a veteran haha SAD time to let go kid and give others a chance. BOOSTING NOOB RAGE QUITER AND YOU KNOW IT!!! btw if they do ever fix this leaderborad and make you lose rank when quiting your out of luck kid

reset the leaderboard please

The problem isn't the true skill. The problem for me is purely financial. The Top 300 or so accounts that are listed, are actually silver accounts. I don't know about all of you, but I work at an actual job (Not Welfare) and pay for my own GOLD account. Silver accounts should not be able to play the game, or if they become silver accounts (From Gold reducers), they should be removed, as well as a yearly reset.

Thanks for all the replies. We can't quit this. Send more emails to Eidos! keep this active!

I sent another ticket to Square Enix. I hope they respond this time!

Like the other players here I would like to see a reset too. Or change requirements to "Unlock every singleplayer achievement" for Lynch and "Unlock every multiplayer achievement" for Kane. Something like that...

I have been away from this title(and company) for a long time because of these 2 unobtainable achievements. I spent hours and hours playing K&LM, only to find that my efforts would never see the reward of a completed game. People on these achievement hunting websites, X360a, Trueachievements, Xbox America, all have the same opinion of this game, all the true completionists, who take every point seriously.(Even 0 gamerscore .) Something has to be done for this community! PLEASE EIDOS MAKE A PATCH AND GIVE AWAY THE CELEBRITY AND TRUE ELITE ACHIEVEMENT AWAY TO EVERYONE AFTER ALL THIS TIME PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last