Thread: Just Cause 2 Frickin ROCKS!

Just Cause 2 Frickin ROCKS!

Big Grin Just Cause 2 Frickin ROCKS!

I love this game. Just Cause 2 is one of the best games Ive ever owned. I remember i put it on layaway back in the day and paid a little at a time to get it. I wanted it that bad. And it was worth it.

Ive put 35 hours on it (is that a lot?) and it feels like a long journey to complete the whole game. I feel like im not even close!

I was wondering if there is a suggestion sub forum? Cause I had some ideas for some items.

I notice I have the problem with losing my heli when i land in a village. Maybe im just forgetful but i cannot find it after exploring. Then i gotta walk or get an extraction. So I was thinking what about a new item, a colored flare, say red. it would be placed like a high explosive or thrown like a gernade. It would have to last like 5 to 10mins to be worth it.

Another idea could be colored smoke gernade, or you could use both (flare lights with the smoke). It would be available in Black Market.

Another random thing i wanted to share is I saw a black underwater scorpion in the ocean right near a black box. I was wondering if seeing a living scorpion (a common symbol in the game) is a sign of something Faction-related near by (Drug Drop, Black Box, etc)?

Its good to be here in the forums talking about this amazing game.

Cheers to JC2!
    - TyCast

Scorpions are just a symbol of the Just Cause series, as Rico is dometimes refferred to as "Scorpio".

Also, yes, Just Cause 2 does indeed rock.
    signature image

Thumbs Up

Originally Posted by TyCast
    Ive put 35 hours on it (is that a lot?) and it feels like a long journey to complete the whole game.
    I have played jc2 almost 400 hours so keep going!
    Btw i like your ideas. Maybe coloured flare can be used to call in airstrikes (costs about 100 000 credits maybe)

indeed JC2 rocks. It's one of the best open world games for the PC.

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    I use to think I was forgetting where I put the helicopters as well until I saw an enemy soldier jump in my recently landed machine O death and take off.

Welcome to the forums, TyCast

Originally Posted by TyCast
    I was wondering if there is a suggestion sub forum? Cause I had some ideas for some items.
    We don't have such a sub forum, but why not post your ideas in the official JC3 wishlist thread

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Thumbs Up good stuff

Thats a great idea, i will post in those forums.

I like that airstrike idea with the colored flares, that would be awesome.

I cant believe you got 400 hours! Wow. Thats intense. Then Ive barely played!

Oh, and im playing the Xbox 360. Any big differences between the PC and the 360 version?

Well, im off to the wishlist forum, thanks for help.

Play on!
    ~ TC

i need help i start my jc2 with /failsafe but it never works anyone out there that can help me reply plz i really want to play i have dertix 11 but still wont work dont know what gpu i have but need help

Just cause 2 does rock indeed.

I have been playing more and more of Just Cause 2 recently. Still a hell of alot of fun.
    signature image

Just cause 2 is still my favourite game on ps3

A blast to play on max settings too!
    Love FPS but JC2 made me a fan of a 3rd person view now.
    one of the best games I played in long time no fooling

please give me vehicle threads

Yeah I still love this game, particularly given how disappointing I find both GTA IV and GTA V. Right now, as far as I am concerned, Just Cause 2 and all of the Saint's Row games are the end all, be all of modern sandbox gaming.

I really wish there would be some announcement about JC3. We are coming up on four years (this April) after JC2 launched, and there has been not one official word. ;(

^ Your post disturbs me D:
    I will eventually buy GTAV (when there's a goty with all the dlc crap included) but I'm on the same boat of liking games like JC and SR and being terribly disappointed with GTAIV... Damn, I hope V doesn't disappoint me!
    Everything should be a sandbox

Originally Posted by Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
    ^ Your post disturbs me D:
    I will eventually buy GTAV (when there's a goty with all the dlc crap included) but I'm on the same boat of liking games like JC and SR and being terribly disappointed with GTAIV... Damn, I hope V doesn't disappoint me!
    It may not. Given that the vast majority of both gamers as well as GTA fans love the game, I have to believe that only a small percentage of sandbox gamers like me hate the way GTA "plays," whether IV or V.

I, too, hated GTA IV. Not even because it had little to do, though that certainly didn't help. It was the physics of the game that bothered and annoyed me. The driving, the slow, plodding realism of character motion and the sense of restriction to everything.

GTA V is clearly a step up in terms of things to do, varied gameplay, and a plethora of side missions and flyables, far more than GTA IV. But I can't help but find the game incredibly boring. The game still feels incredibly restrictive. Things like breaking into the airport to steal a fighter jet are so ridiculously difficult. Money is very hard to come by, particularly online. Everything seems to happen incredibly slow. Law enforcement is, once again, very difficult to fight against, making those fun, self-styled rampages through the streets no fun at all, and over before they really begin.

Again, this is probably just me! You will likely love the game.

One thing that I will say for V is the driving is ten times better than in IV. The driving is actually somewhat fun in the game.

Originally Posted by ChiroVette
    I, too, hated GTA IV. Not even because it had little to do, though that certainly didn't help. It was the physics of the game that bothered and annoyed me. The driving, the slow, plodding realism of character motion and the sense of restriction to everything.
    Completely agree. This is exactly what bothered me about GTA 4, too.

If you guys want a good recent sandbox game, go play Sleeping Dogs, another one by SE (formerly Eidos). It is soooo much better than GTA 4. The characters, the story, the vehicle handling, even the graphics.... they are all far superior in Sleeping Dogs.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I will give Sleeping Dogs a look, but I didn't find it interesting when I checked it out last time, Driber. That said, we agree on GTA IV, but what are your thoughts in V? I found it to be a lot more diverse and with a ton more fun stuff in it, but I still personally can't stand the game. It has that same pompous, preachy, limiting sense about it and I simply can't help feeling like the damned game takes itself way too seriously. Again, this is just me.

I liked GTA4 and a lot of other similar games, but JC2 has a special place in my heart for being an amazing game that stood by its vision and relegated the story to exactly what it needed. I feel it has a perfect balance of story and action, a great world, balanced difficulty, and is one of the smoothest action games I've seen this gen (in terms of framerate and the lack of choppy output).

I had completed it on 360 and recently replayed it on PS3, and discovered a new trick (or rather, a new application of an old trick). During the second story mission, I easily dispatched all of the pursuing vehicles by simply grappling them to the ground as they followed Blaine's car. This didn't destroy them, but bounced them around a bit and kept them far enough away to not be a threat. For the first time ever, I finished that mission without any damage to my (max) health! And not a single shot fired for the entire chase.

It's tricks like that which make me appreciate this game so much.

I liked Speeling Dogs, the combat is damn great and the story very enjoyable too, but it's terribly lacking in things to do around the sandbox. The tiny groups of baddies are too easily beatable, and the cops gun you down too fast on foot. There should have been a lot more hand to hand fights on the streets, IMO. And maybe a lot more fight club activities.

While we're at it, I am replaying Saints' Row 2 for the third time, that's a great sandbox with lots of fun mechanics.
    Everything should be a sandbox