Thread: What prevents you from getting down for a few hours of hardcore gaming?

What prevents you from getting down for a few hours of hardcore gaming?

What (seriously or humorously) currently prevents you the most from getting down for a few hours of hardcore game play?

Work.

I'm rubbish at most games.
    Ham and Eggs - a days work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
    signature image

Ending a game. Then I play a bit of exibition till I can't take it any more. Then I have to get another game. Which means I have to search eBay and then wait for it. With all the things that can go wrong inbetween!! Sometimes they dissapear from the post office and getting them is 50/50.

Other than that it's the opposite. It's 11:00 AM and it's already 100 degrees outside. So having to stay inside in the AC there's nothing else to do!

So I hardly call anything being replayed, "hardcore gaming". More like, "softcore smurfing".
    XZX WAS HERE

Work & life in general. It's kinda hectic nowadays.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    Work & life in general. It's kinda hectic nowadays.
    I'll go with this.

Yep, all of the above! WORK, gotta get up in 5 hours and go back to work Life in general, there are only so many hours in a day
    If only I were young and stupid like I used to be I could play more. Now I'm older but still stupid
    signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

I hear what people are saying (work, life, etc), but it'd be cool if one can answer from the point of view, of anything humorously and/or creatively witty, pertaining to any greatly admired, or even great disliked video game/s you've played and/or regularly play.

Well...finding a "hardcore game" and having the resources to play it, like Xbox 360, PS3, computer or Wiii. Which is like trying to thread a needle blind folded. Not to mention you have to have a house and pay all those bills. You have to eat, sleep and all that too.

The other point to about the mechanics of a game itself. It is in a state of organized disorganization. Like before windows or computers and consoles were great all there was was a DOS program that not many people understood. So if you have WINDOWS office programs you have more productivity and an internet where an entire new freedom is sought.

In "hardcore gaming" it is virtual reality and another form of existence. In which things not thought possible can become organized. Of course so there are some who oppose such things and others that would support it but never hear about it.

Like internet cafes' all over there would be gaming cafes' that create technology for the wealthy gamers. Of course though everybody is going to try to put their restrictions on others' lives to be a corrupt overlords.

So you know gaming now is like an early internet user connecting to a BBS and downloading things at 2400 baud. Haha!

** secretly though all those gaming places are being erased because communities are opposing them!!
    XZX WAS HERE

Lightbulb

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

A certain Vampiric Lady of the Sith used to game about 40+ hours per week. Now she's lucky if she gets 15 in per week (and if she does, it's usually on the weekends).

I suppose it comes with that having to be a "responsible adult" BS that we're all warned about when we're kids. Of course, my "excuses" are full time employment and the desire to further my education (I'm finishing up two additional 2-year degrees, starting a web master certificate program and my Bachelor's program next fall - I'm also contemplating my master's after that).

On the bright side, I should be educationally sated by the time I'm 45.

Part of my 2012 New Year's Resolutions were to game more - which for the most part, I have (although it's primarily SWTOR and mobile/tablet based-app games). I'm guilty of not owning a PS3 or XBox 360 at this point as I don't play enough to justify the expense. I'm thinking that a lot of the games I like are playable on the PC (which up until a few years ago I was totally against), so I may be able to play some titles I've been missing out on, on my capable PC in the interim. (God bless gamepads because a higher power knows keyboard controls are a pita - at least for me, anyway).

If a new LOK is released, I will buy a new console just for consistency purposes - all of my LOK titles are the console versions). I'm also considering a Nintendo 3DS because of the new Kingdom Hearts installment (I love me some Kingdom Hearts). I still have to play Alice: Madness Returns (which remains unopenened since my purchasing it last year).

I have to admit, I really miss gaming as much as I used to. I really need to incorporate more of it despite my "real world" distractions. I find that it's a great stress reliever (when I don't want to throw a controller or punch my monitor in the face because I'm in a difficult spot of any given game anyway. ).

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Umah Bloodomen View Post
    On the bright side, I should be educationally sated by the time I'm 45.
    That has not worked for me. I have learned, and am still learning, more than I ever managed at school or college.

The only trouble is, nearly 50 years after leaving school, I have more trouble remembering it.
    Ham and Eggs - a days work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
    signature image

I can put down "isolation" on that list! You know a lot of people out there take for granted where they are and how they do things! If you live in a city or and have easy access to the rest of the world. If you can just drive where you want to go and do and get what you want to. Me though, I live in a rich part of town where there isn't anybody else around, no traffic or other people. Just horse, cow and corn fields! Sure I cn go places but that's about it but I have to have somebody take me. Owning a car for me is a nightmare!! I've had a couple and they didn't turn out well! First I got a VW but my brther stripped it for his own car and ended up trading it to his friend. Then I got a BMW but somebody broke into it and stole the stereo. Then the windshield got smashed by high winds and it got totally ruined. Lol!! Plus the price of games at Walmart or Target or places are ridiculous, like $95.00. Even old PS2 games are still $20.00.

Basically the wrong crowd. You know everything today, you can't do anything without all the cripples, gays, hoods etc starting something. So I've just been planning to make hoverboards but there's a factor of a lot of undesirable operations! So I just windup doing a botched ME attempt, which is stupid in itself! Which all just gives me a mental image of a big, fat, old guy riding a mechanical walmart horse with hair on his back! LOL!! You know like they say they have the right to refuse service to anybody for any reason!! So I feel a lot like all the older crowd is always trying to steal off the younger crowd etc. You know, who doesn't get sick over that. You know gaming isn't really fun if your sitting by your grandma or something. Gamers etc need to get their own space and to stop being abused by older crowds who want something for nothing!
    XZX WAS HERE

my daughter lol she wont let me play for long.

As of March, my girlfriend. Although this only applies to singleplayer games, as I still game quite a lot, just multiplayer with her. But I don't regret it one bit.
    signature image

Cool

Lack of (new) games.

I have so many games that I need to play, that I just can't pick what to play first. By the time I think I've got the right one, it's already time to go to bed!

Nah, not really. I just can't be arsed, losing interest perhaps.
    signature image

food. well, when i need both hands to eat it lol
    http://hiropon056.deviantart.com/ Do it like a Dudette! signature image

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    *checks behind me*

My wife

Quote Originally Posted by KL70 View Post
    I hear what people are saying (work, life, etc), but it'd be cool if one can answer from the point of view, of anything humorously and/or creatively witty, pertaining to any greatly admired, or even great disliked video game/s you've played and/or regularly play.
    I already told you guys my real, serious reason, and since no one else has done it, I thought that I would take a shot and try to come up with a humorous. creative, and witty reason.

In the small country I live in of Rickdrakezio, we are currently being occupied by an army of penguins, armed with guns that shoot flaming, weaponized carrots, and we only have puny chicken nuggets to defend ourselves. We have tried transforming the chicken nuggets into chicken fingers, even chicken strips, but alas, it does not help. The evil penguin army, led by Lord Grayson, a powerful penguin who came from a family of acrobat penguins, always managed to overcome us. They are powered by squeezing lemons and absorbing the juice through thier skin. Unfortunately, they have outlawed video games as it is considered disrespectful to thier god, a deity they simply refer to as "The Mayor". I have longed to play my precious video games, but the only thing we are allowed to do is listen to Ice Ice Baby on an infinite loop and watch reruns of Full House. A good show, but it does get boring after seeing the same episode over and over. We recently have been granted one title to play, but unfortunately...the title is Superman 64...

P.S: Kudos to anyone who gets my incredibly easy refrences in regards to the name of my country, the leader, and the deity.
    signature image