Thread: Please remove the Glasses.

Please remove the Glasses.

Please remove the Glasses.

I looked on the forums and i did not see any thread like this so i made one. if there is one like this as i type it forgive me.

I love Deus Ex Human Revolution.
    I have played it a few times and have it paused as i type.

PLEASE make an option to open Adams glasses.
    I want to see his eyes. He has lovely Eyes. DON'T cover them.
    If i have to go without radar i will. I will skip around as i get shot at with my glasses open.
    i am assuming that it will not be a problem however.( i would still have radar)
    Keep the "gold tone" over the world if you like as well.

I was very much let down with the amount of open "shades" time in the game.
    This is the only thing i did not like about the game.
    the loading screen is as close as i can get.

an option to open them would have been and would still be so lovey.

I know this seems like an odd type of rant/suggestion but it very much did change how i feel about the game. as simple as it is.

it frustrates and annoys me.
    I like to take screen shots.. some with no glasses( any place i wanted) would make my day.

thank you for reading.

Jezdamayel

I was about to criticise you, but I remembered that Deus Ex is about choice after all.

(click image to enlarge)

Ha!
    You got a funny way of talking... JJB.

Except the choice to take your glasses off. Which you don't get.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Don't share the same level of concearn, but I would have liked the option too! Especially for it to make a difference to gameplay in some way. Perhaps if you were trying to persuade someone that you were being truthful, or to make them trust you in a conversation you could show AJ's eyes.

But the way it was, when he showed his eyes to Megan, that moment had more impact.

Originally Posted by spyhopping
    But the way it was, when he showed his eyes to Megan, that moment had more impact.
    Completely agree. The shades suit the character.
    Wings melt and we hide
    And all this means nothing to the sun

Don't share the same level of concearn, but I would have liked the option too! Especially for it to make a difference to gameplay in some way. Perhaps if you were trying to persuade someone that you were being truthful, or to make them trust you in a conversation you could show AJ's eyes.

My screenshot-button finger went numb during that cut scene, I must admit. Not that I would ever fall in love with him, but he really does have beautiful eyes. Which is strange to see, considering most of his body is not even human anymore, and this in turn makes an almost stark contrast. Slightly disturbing, and I love it.

I finished the main story and side missions for the first time yesterday. Working on "The Missing Link" now. I got the Pacifist achievement the first time I played the game, and I only felt a little bored toward the end, having vested so many hours into it. But this is definitely the next best game in the Deus Ex series so far, in my opinion.

this is an aug (even though it isnt listed, i assume its some sort of an aug) i would defintely want to have installed on myself.

who wouldnt want retractable shades that never get lost/ stolen/ broken?

dont even need a case for 'em either!

the "deal with it" picture was funny. they need to add glasses like that too! very cool.

it reminded me of all the movies where the guy has a monocle on.. you say something shocking and it falls off.
    it did have more impact i loved it i think i took tons of pictures but only two came out(nicely). i need to try again.

I have played the game a few times i just wanted the choice not to have them.

the only picture i got was at the opening. i got a picture of his eye and the word Sarif on them before the lens shifted.

I was making a joke that he covered them so people would not know he was a AUG(augmented) but the rest of him gives it away. Also.. his eyes show most of his feelings and emotion.(seen when he opened his glasses) covering them is a good idea. it makes him look heartless XD

It was, and I believe that was the point.

I am confident that having Jensen only retract his shades at that precise moment was entirely on purpose. He had found that which had driven him all this time, and was opening up his more "human" side, and so he retracted his shades.

And when he realized she knew, and that maybe the Megan he loved was perhaps not the person he thought she was, he closed up again. And so did the shades.

That's no coincidence.

Itkovian

I...

...actually agree

(click image to enlarge)

If Deus Ex was about choice I'd be joining the rioters and not be in an enclosed city.

If it was about choice I'd have 3rd person along with 1st person. I would be able to make my own character, but it's not.

It's a good story yes, but if it wants to exceed that then it has to become a true RPG.

ALSO, NO GLASSES. The smart vision and cybernetic eyeballs should not need glasses period.

Unless you take it off an NPC's body, oh wait, we can't even choose how we dress.

Anyways, the developers maybe need to play Fallout, read Cyberpunk 2020, and maybe read Neuromancer.

Originally Posted by QUANAH
    If Deus Ex was about choice I'd be joining the rioters and not be in an enclosed city.

If it was about choice I'd have 3rd person along with 1st person. I would be able to make my own character, but it's not.

It's a good story yes, but if it wants to exceed that then it has to become a true RPG.

ALSO, NO GLASSES. The smart vision and cybernetic eyeballs should not need glasses period.

Unless you take it off an NPC's body, oh wait, we can't even choose how we dress.

Anyways, the developers maybe need to play Fallout, read Cyberpunk 2020, and maybe read Neuromancer.
    Oh yeah, and we also need a leveling system. Oh! And party system!!

Adam Jensen used Lightning Storm III. Critical! 877 Damage.

Malik summons Bahamut. *cutscene* - 1099 Damage.

Fedorova was defeated. You earned 108245 experience points.

Adam Jensen leveled up!
    Malik leveled up!

Adam Jensen learned TYPHOON skill.
    Press B to continue.

Now THIS is a true RPG! Oh yeah Deus Ex Needs This So Much! Because i'm a Final Fantasy fan. So... uhm, Deus Ex needs to be like Final Fantasy because... of me!

Quanah, do you even know why Adam Jensen has sunglasses?

protip: deus ex invisible war had no sunglasses and was criticized for it

Have you ever played any other game other than Fallout? Because check this out: I AM ALSO a huge Fallout fan! I have played 1, 2, Tactics, 3 and New Vegas, and i even created my own mods for FO3!

But i dont believe Fallout has ANYTHING to do with Deus Ex. And it shouldnt BE like Fallout. Because... they're different games. Now, i've read Neuromancer and i'm 100% sure that the devs read and played all cyberpunk classics. Even if they didnt, they dont need to know that to create anything inside the genre.

Deus Ex is a franchise on its own. It started as a FPS story-driven game with RPG elements - it never said it was fully RPG. It has always been fully first person, the main character always had sunglasses and you had choices across the storyline - many choices - but you didnt have stupid choices like "hurr lest join the dakr brotherhod derp". The main character is already created and you're playing his role - you're not creating yourself, you're playing as JC Denton or Adam. Adam wouldnt do certain things, so those options arent even on the list.

which kinda means JC would enter a female bathroom?

So, that's why the game is like that, and that's why it will keep on being like that. Its a franchise on its own and doesnt need to rip-off cheap features from other games like Fallout. I like racing games, but would i want vehicles on my Deus Ex?

Or the other way around, would i want shooting and rpg games on my Need for Speed: Underground?

No and no.

QUANAH, DEUS EX is about choice. You have the choice not to play it, you also have the choice not troll a forum with your nonsense.

(click image to enlarge)