Thread: FFIV on Steam

FFIV on Steam

FFIV on Steam

FINAL FANTASY IV now on Steam!
    - A port of the iOS and Android versions has finally been released for PC via Steam.

Final Fantasy IV goes full Steam ahead! (and we've got some codes to give away too!)
    - Following the news of the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy coming to PC, we have another Final Fantasy on the way as well. I say on the way, it’s actually already here!
    ----------------

It seems Square Enix is kinda motivated in porting the older FF games to PC, so i thought maybe SE should release FF IV on Steam too! i would love to play it on my pc and now the chances of it getting a port is kinda high in my opinion , as FF III is getting to Steam too! So, what do you guys think? would you like if FF IV would be released on Steam?
    Last edited by Grimoire; 30th Sep 2014 at 10:35.

Kinda obvious it will be.

FINAL FANTASY IV is following the exact same pattern as FINAL FANTASY III.

iOS
    Android
    Amazon Appstore
    Ouya
    Windows Phone
    PC

Reason being because it's so easy to port Android especially when the Amazon Appstore and Ouya are Android.

FF4 was not released for Ouya and Windows Phone, but a PC version is likely. I think FF5 & 6 may also follow.

i really hope so, id love to see them all come to steam. im sure theres going to be lots of threads on steam asking for this too once ff3 is released and it has its on steam forum borads

This needs to happen.

I agree this should be a thing. I mean I figure it would be easy to bring over.

Not yet, it takes them time. FFIV only just released on the Amazon Appstore in March and it took them over a year after the Amazon Appstore release to release FFIII on Windows Phone.

It's coming!

Motomu Toriyama's biggest fan

FF IV is on Steam NOW! but it's just a port of the DS version which looks terrible on a HD PC screen and at $15 (US) it's over priced too. After all the other platforms this is on I can't help but think why bother with this one? They should have ported the PSP complete version with FF IV, Interlude and The After Years, THEN I would have bought it immediately but now.....nope.

It's a port of the iOS and Android versions. DS version didn't have the Lunar Ruins.
    Motomu Toriyama's biggest fan

Please fix this for steam...

The battles run at 15fps and the music sounds like it was made for mobile phones. My cousin has this for steam and Id like to get it, but personally can't justify it unless some of these issues are fixed. Some of the people on Steam forums are also upset this great game didn't get the proper treatment it deserves.

Originally Posted by igsbee
    The battles run at 15fps and the music sounds like it was made for mobile phones. My cousin has this for steam and Id like to get it, but personally can't justify it unless some of these issues are fixed. Some of the people on Steam forums are also upset this great game didn't get the proper treatment it deserves.
    I agree. FF4 is my favorite game of all time, and the UI needs an overhaul especially. It would make it a great game on the PC if that UI was overhauled for the PC and not for phones. The large blocks in battles for commands are not required. Also, there's a bug with gamepads where the gamepad will randomly force the player to run in a certain direction and the only way to 'fix' it is to unplug the gamepad.

I look forward to some patches that will fix these issues.