Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Comp #8 - The Fabulous Destinations of Lara Croft [ended]

Forum Comp #8 - The Fabulous Destinations of Lara Croft [ended]

For Portuguese, click here!

It's competition time again!

With the summer holidays here, we thought it would be fun idea if we can all come together and make a collective photo collage of Lara travelling the world, a la Amélie:

[br][/br](click to play video)

(click image to enlarge)
    [br][/br](click to play video)

(Brilliant film, BTW. Must see!!!)

So get out your Lara figurines/statues/etc, take them with you on holiday and let's make this happen!

Not going on holiday this summer? No sweat - your photo does not necessarily need to include a recognizable landmark. You can take a photo at the beach, in your backyard, etc. The minimum conditions are that it must be an actual photo with Lara in the shot (no Photoshopping!) and done outdoors.

Don't have any Lara figurines or other merchandise you can use? Then get creative and make your own out of paper (Flat Stanley!), cardboard, etc. Here is an example Word document you can print out: lara_print_out.zip

When the comp has ended, I will collect all submitted images to turn them into a slideshow. Hey, I've got the hang of it now

Lastly, we're going to run this comp for 2 months again, to give everyone plenty of time to come up with something good

THE PRIZES!
    Prize #1: Large Tomb Raider t-shirt & Crossroads litho
    This prize goes to the best entry as voted by an official jury.

Prize #2: Crossroads Litho
    This prize goes to the second best entry as voted by an official jury.

Prize #3: Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light steam code
    This prize winner will be chosen randomly using random.org to encourage participation by all.

(click image to enlarge)

The usual obligatory jury FYI: The official jury will consist of Eidos Forum staff members and/or Square Enix employees. The (forum) names of the jury members and their votes will be publicly available once the winners have been announced.
    How to enter:
    Phase 1 - Collect underpants. Err...I mean, upload the original, unedited photo file from your camera or scanner with this link: http://pic.driber.net/up (choose "forum competition #8 entry")

Phase 2 - Post the generated image code in this thread. IMPORTANT! DO NOT FORGET THIS STEP! Also, include the location and date of the photo in your forum post, if possible.

Phase 3 - Profit.
    The rules

• Maximum 10 entries per person/household.
    • No Photoshopped images.
    • Keep your entry clean, in good taste and in accordance with our FORUM TOU.
    • The deadline for submitting entries is August 30 2012, 12PM CET (click here to convert)
    • We reserve the right to extend the deadline, for example if we receive a low number of entries.
    • In the event of a tie, the person who posted first wins.
    • Contestants can only win 1 prize; not a combination of for example 1st prize and 3rd prize.
    • In cases of suspected fraud, winners are responsible for proving ownership of their entry in order to claim their prize.
    • Any entry that the forum staff deems inappropriate or not complying with the rules will not qualify and will be removed from this thread.
    • Winners will be notified via PM and email. Winners must respond with their postal address within 2 weeks of being notified or else their prize may go to someone else.
    • Judges decisions are final.

Good luck, everyone!

=== Forum comp history ===

APR 2010: Forum Easter egg hunt
    JUL 2011: Want some cool Tomb Raider goodies? It's competition time!
    AUG 2011: Competition time - Photoshop caption fun. Win an exclusive poster and GI mag!
    NOV 2011: Got wood? It's forum competition numero tres. Prizes include hot Nerd Machine merch!
    DEC 2011: ho, ho, ho! Forum comp #4 - Create a Christmas season sig
    FEB 2012: Feel the love... it's forum comp #5 - Create your own V-Day card
    MAR 2012: Forum comp #6 - Easter Fun
    APR 2012: Forum Comp #7 - TR Fan Art "By Hand". Win excl. sketch by Brian Horton!

Previous comp winners and their prizes:

Small print:
    1. Winners will be notified within 52 days of closing date by e-mail or Private Message on http://forums.eidosgames.com/. 2. A list of winners, including names and country, will be available within 6 weeks of competition closing. These can be obtained by sending a Stamped Addressed Envelope to the Promoter (see 9 below). 3. Square Enix Europe accepts no responsibility for entries/prizes lost or distorted in transmission. 4. There is no cash alternative to the prizes. 5. Square Enix Europe reserves the right to substitute prizes with others of at least equivalent value. 6. Competition not open to employees of Square Enix Europe, their agents and suppliers. 7. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to. 8. No purchase necessary. 9. The competition promoter is Square Enix Europe, Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 3RU.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Good luck everyone

Hell yes!!
    luckily i will be on my vacations soon xD
    and good luck everyone!
    http://hiropon056.deviantart.com/ Do it like a Dudette! signature image

hehe, glad you like my little idea, hiropon056. A "hell yeah" is a good start for this comp

Looking forward to seeing your entry/entries!

I think I may just participate in this one, as well

Oops, I had a little oversight in the OP. I copy&pasted a paragraph from the previous comp and forgot to adjust it for this one. I've edited it.

It said: "The usual obligatory jury FYI: The official jury will consist of Eidos Forum staff members and/or Square Enix employees and/or forum members. The (forum) names of the jury members and their votes will be publicly available once the winners have been announced."

I took out the red part, as that it no longer applicable in this comp (we had 1 regular member voting as an official judge in the previous one; comp co-host Rian)

Hey great idea !
    I don't know yet if I will participate but I already feel like seeing entries
    Good luck everyone !

Quote Originally Posted by hiropon056 View Post
    Hell yes!!
    luckily i will be on my vacations soon xD
    and good luck everyone!
    oeh bring on the mills and cheese pictures, since you were going to visit Holland soon right?

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    hehe, glad you like my little idea, hiropon056. A "hell yeah" is a good start for this comp

Looking forward to seeing your entry/entries!

I think I may just participate in this one, as well
    hehe looking forward to see your pictures D,

im also going to participate on this one guess i have to find something that i can take with me

Quote Originally Posted by TranceTrouble View Post
    oeh bring on the mills and cheese pictures, since you were going to visit Holland soon right?
    You remember that I will go to Holland? xD But yes I know some really awesome looking places there

Nice idea!!!
    signature image

I will take the chance and post my first photo

(click image to enlarge)

Nothing special. Just an ordinary sunrise at my home. I though I would first post a picture from my home because our home is always the place where a journey starts, right? So let's see where our journey will bring us... me and Lara

Date: 5th july 2012; 5:10 AM

http://pic.driber.net/comp/8/jzbdsr_P7050777.jpg

Nothing special. Just an ordinary sunrise at my home. I though I would first post a picture from my home because our home is always the place where a journey starts, right? So let's see where our journey will bring us... me and Lara

ohh those sky colors are beautiful
    and you really got up early to get this 5.10 am

hahaha lol yes though today is my day off, i normally have to get up at 5:15 am so i always wake up at this time xD
    sadly it was very cloudy this morning so there was no sun but it still looks beautiful.. like sunrises always do^^

now i'm just sitting and waiting for other cool photos

awesome contest, haha! Now I have a reason to come outside! yeaah Now I only have to get my Lara figure out of the moving boxes.. somewhere xD

Looking forward to all the entries

Ok! Here are some photos I took today:

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

Date: 5th July 2012
    signature image

I love the idea, too bad I have no scelude travels for my I comings holidays ^_^
    PSN: Sushilia

^ Remember, you can also do it near where you live

---

Nice entries, guys!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Lovely colors!

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    Ok! Here are some photos I took today:

Date: 5th July 2012
    Ha. These are great! Lara looks like she's enjoying her time outside.

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Ha. These are great! Lara looks like she's enjoying her time outside.
    Glad you liked them!!!
    signature image

A Survivor is Born

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

Date: 6th July 2012, 7:20 PM

Quote Originally Posted by humbertocandas View Post

Date: 6th July 2012, 7:20 PM
    Lovely! Lara looks so at home with the structures in the background.

And welcome to the forums!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Lovely! Lara looks so at home with the structures in the background.

And welcome to the forums!

Thank you very much, I´m glad to be here is a great forum...

Mmh, I'm in. A pity I can bring my big customized Lara on my holidays trip but a figurine is going to be in the suitcase for sure!!!!
    Same age than Lara Croft

Going to sleep now... Don´t shoot me please :)

(click image to enlarge)

Date: 6th july 2012, 10:20 pm

I don't have any Lara statues... Now if you have said Batman...

Print out it is then
    signature image

No! My holiday has just ended, and now it's back to study...

I'll have to go on a day trip somewhere in NZ. Maybe I can get our Lara in Middle Earth.
    Saving is fun, kids! Save constantly.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast