Thread: Tex Murphy returns

Tex Murphy returns

I know it's yet another kickstarter thing, but I couldn't pass under silence a project I hold so dear. We've been fighting for 14 years to get this thing off the ground, including an epic battle to regain the legal properties of the series.

The original team is in place, the rights are secured, and the planets are aligned for the return of one of the greatest sci-fi film noir game series of all times, the Tex Murphy series.

Their pitch video alone is worth a 15$ pledge! I know I'm plastering this like a mad spammer, but I really want to make sure any and all fans of the series are aware this is taking place. As a legit member of this community I hope this post will be tolerated

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...project-fedora
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

Looks very fun. I've never played, nor possibly heard of this series before (that I remember), but I definitely like what I see. The Blade Runner, with a funnier slant, aspect is awesome, and I like how the previous games seems to have had some great actors that wanted to help out. I say more power to this.

Hm, have you contacted the guys over at GameInformer? They're pretty open to sharing projects like this. They might show off this on their site in an article, and maybe even do a replay of one of the games in the future. They have a large following that should definitely bring in more support for this. Also the unofficial Facebook fangroup for GameInformer, the I Watched the Entire Overblood Replay group would be a good place to share this as well. I can't link to it, because their content isn't regulated like it is here, but just plug that into Facebook's search and it will come up.

Thanks for the heads up! Will definitely look them up!
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

I've never heard of this game, either, and had to look it up. Looks like a fun game. Power to you guys for trying to revive it

And that's a good suggestion, TH

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Thumbs Up

Under The Killing Moon and Pandora Detective were among my favorite adventure games. The first game in my experience that had this kind of strange 3d virtual reality thing going.

Timesplitters is one of those awesome shoot everyone good fun series. I even liked the rather cheesy story of timesplitters 3. With so many shooters doing well now would be a good time to see it return.
    Lily lara

I am also a great great fan of Tex Murphy. It has been released there's a few months now and Steam makes 50% currently on it
    Did someone play it ?