Thread: FFVII on Mac?

FFVII on Mac?

It also wouldn't hurt to have HD support. COme on square, it can't be PC exclusive...

I second. If it's only on PC I'll have to play on my wife's laptop. That won't go over very well. Macs are far more previlent. Time to release games on both formats!

Hey, Mac users - install boot camp and install Windows XP or Windows 7. You already have 'superior' hardware. No need to push this back any further, I don't want to wait 6 years and counting like another announced FF game...

Yeah, best of luck with that folks. Hopefully you'll find some way to run this.

Originally Posted by MikeH

I second. If it's only on PC I'll have to play on my wife's laptop. That won't go over very well. Macs are far more previlent. Time to release games on both formats!

Do you have a citation for that? I'd love to read more about it.

FFVII on Mac?

I'm new to this and I'm simply just wondering before I go and purchase it.

Originally Posted by Jared
    I'm new to this and I'm simply just wondering before I go and purchase it.
    Minimum System Requirements:

Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 (32/64-bit) • 2GHz Processor or faster • 1GB RAM •
    DirectX 9-compatible graphic card

As a OSX user, I'd recommend Parallels for all of your Windows app needs.

I would love to buy this for my iMac, and relive the FF7 experience on my beautiful screen!

I was wondering if a square enix represtative could tell me if this will appear on the Mac OS, hopefully supporting OS 10.5 and higher

People are running this using Parallels on OSX. Those people unfortunately don't include me, but reports of success exist.

I couldn't get it to run with VMware for whatever reason, though I'm sure it's possible. I'll just wait out for a version that doesn't have all of the terrible translations or hurdles to go through to play.

Originally Posted by MikeH

Do you have a citation for that? I'd love to read more about it.

[/quote]

I meant far more previlent than in olden days, not more previlent than PC. I have since installed bootcamp and Windows 7 on my Mac.

Hear hear!