Thread: Hitman: Sniper Challenge Discussion Thread & FAQ

Hitman: Sniper Challenge Discussion Thread & FAQ

And..... the site is live.

Sorry for the delays folks but you should be sniping tonight!

Originally Posted by GebelTheRebel
    Let's just say, it's so detailed that I could easily and clearly count ever single brick on the building..
    Heres a challenge! start counting bricks... and post how many you counted by the time the website went live so the rest of us could play.

Believe its live for people now.. fact we're seeing traffic going via the redeem page suggests so.. if you still seeing the `on its way` then need to flush your dns, or shout at your ISP
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Cooooould you quickly push 'reset' on the router over there... you may say it's live but still getting the 'Sorry, we dun goof'd' page over here

Originally Posted by MadBadger
    Heres a challenge! start counting bricks... and post how many you counted by the time the website went live so the rest of us could play.
    Too late.

Originally Posted by MadBadger
    Cooooould you quickly push 'reset' on the router over there... you may say it's live but still getting the 'Sorry, we dun goof'd' page over here
    That will be on your side of the internet am afraid, not much we can do about your ISP's dns cache etc.
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Seems to be working... though I'm running it through a Proxy to get it to work... :/

Aaaand the sites grinding to a halt... inb4 it crashes...

Aaaand 502 bad gateway whenever I log in...

Naaa this is just ticking me off now... on the website... it's still broken.

Ok, in, done... 32 min downloading now... >_>

Pre-order bonus not available in Denmark?

Hey.

I have visited both GameStops in Aarhus, and have learned that neither have any bonus codes to hand out with pre-order? Why is that? Their website mentions it, but apparently, you have to pre-order in the store.

This is ridculous. The delay was one thing, but now after redeeming the code I got from zavvi and receiving my DLC code for the xbox 360... I type it in, and I am told it is not valid. So, I click on the "how do I redeem on xbox 360" link on the website, thinking that maybe I am an idiot and that there is something I have missed, and I get the bad gateway message. So. I try to redeem it again, which I knew probably would not work, but then I get an unknown error as opposed to "this code has already been redeemed".

Now I can not even log in anymore. I can understand technical difficulties, but why on earth would I receive an invalid DLC code? There is maybe a slight possibility that I have written it down wrong (I sincerely doubt it though) but I can not check again now, can I?

Thought about contacting customer support, but those lazy bastards (just kidding) get off work at six.

I am more than mildly annoyed at this point.

what an aweful way to launch a website... i'm a web developer myself and if I hadn't been I wouldnt of been able to even use the website.. Just using my laptop (decent spec, 6 months old) and with the restricted screen height most of the form was covered with the footer and company logos so i couldnt submit the age gate. Really shoddy work and I had to manually set the height in a firefox addon called firebug to make the page scroll so i could carry on once it eventually started working (relying on DNS propagation for a launch thats rather time critical like this?? seriously??)

Now i'll go an wait for the membership site to stop doing a 502 on me so I can register I've loved eidos games since I was a kid which makes this even more dissapointing...

Question

Originally Posted by Vernominon
    Now i'll go an wait for the membership site to stop doing a 502 on me so I can register I've loved eidos games since I was a kid which makes this even more dissapointing...
    I'm getting a '502' myself.

I just reset my router etc and it's the same. You seem savvy. Will this just resolve over the next couple of hours then?

Ahhhh i rest my case.

Originally Posted by Arcane1977
    I'm getting a '502' myself.

I just reset my router etc and it's the same. You seem savvy. Will this just resolve over the next couple of hours then?
    I think the problem is their end buddy so you're probably wasting your time rebooting unless they go and change what server the site is running on.

Edit: If you check out the square enix website etc you'll see these errors (http://eu.square-enix.com/en) .. Its just a case of waiting or keep rereshing the membership login/register pages. I did just load a page and get to click the button to signup using facebook before another 502 on that page lol.

Are the Square Enix Servers down? I can´t log in and redeem my code

Really hope they solve this soon... was kind of looking forward to having a bash at this mini game after work today

This is disappointing, 502 bad gateway's, 1st couldn't get the site to load, then it does briefly, looks messed up, comeback later still getting bad gateways and less messed up age gate, get passed that fine, but everytime I get to redeem code, it either bad gateways me again or magically end up at the login screen, the rare occasion I do indeed login, I only get taken back to the main page to have to login again! with even more constant bad gateway's.

I feel like IOI know how long I've been gagging to play another hitman game and are now trolling me. it's bad enough i had to spend 30 minutes on the phone with play.com because i pre-ordered absolution the day they had the game up for pre-order just to get a website code. Awesome does indeed take time and absolution looks nothing but, and i'm sure the HSC will be too. But this website has launched as an absolute mess 5 hours after it said it would be up and 12 hours from when I expected it was to be up considering the planning gone into the announcement.

Agreed. Someone's dropped the ball. Tad frustrating!

Hi,

why does amazon.de (Germany) don't get any Preorder Codes?
    I've just had a chat with the Service Hotline and they said, that they don't now anything about this. o.O
    Just wondering why one of the biggest Shop sites doesn't get the Codes for their customers.

Do I have to preorder it again on an other website? And the next point. The FAQ says that there will be a list with all supported shops, but I can't find any.

Please help.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by gilthwar
    Hi,

why does amazon.de (Germany) don't get any Preorder Codes?
    I've just had a chat with the Service Hotline and they said, that they don't now anything about this. o.O
    Just wondering why one of the biggest Shop sites doesn't get the Codes for their customers.

Do I have to preorder it again on an other website? And the next point. The FAQ says that there will be a list with all supported shops, but I can't find any.

Please help.

Thanks.
    I also searched for Codes today, Gamestop Germany doesnt know anything either, just like MediMax and Karstadt. Go and try MediaMarkt or Saturn. There they have plenty of them ^^

Just waiting for the servers to come back I think the Hitman-Fans are downing Square Enix. They didn´t expected this i think ^^ Nobody sees us coming, just like 47...

Guys, I'd like to sincerely apologize for the issues that you're all facing. This is not only frustrating but just plain awful - for all of us involved.

IO and Square Enix have been working extremely hard on this Sniper Challenge for a long time and it's extremely unfortunate to see the launch marred by a broken website. We feel your pain, believe me. I would personally have loved to have seen tons of people tearing through the thing right now, looking at stats, tallying up kills and reviewing heat maps to see how the world tackles this thing. The last thing anyone wanted was a login system that failed.

I know the guys are working very hard on trying to figure out what went wrong. As far as I can tell, an update to SEE Members may have caused some issues with the login on our site, which in turn resulted in - among other esoteric errors - issues with the server not remembering people's passwords. I'll try to keep you all updated as we progress through this but I honestly don't have a reliable ETA on when this issue is fixed.

Again, I'm truly sorry this is the state of things. We can see some people are in fact getting through but obviously that doesn't apply to everyone.

Nick

Thanks Nick, I just sincerely hope you can get this fixed by tomorrow, as that is when amazon is apparently planning to roll out codes to pre-order customers, meaning even more (disappointed) traffic.

i really appreciate the fact that you are adressing the fans and feeling sorry, for whats happening. I love that, because there are many companies out there who don´t care about such stuff and even the fact that we get a lonestanding game for Pre-Order is outstanding and just amazing.
    I have no problem with what is going on, i understand the problem and I´m hoping you get it all back up and running again. No matter how long it takes, its just important to fix that kind of problem.

Oh and we waited so long for a new Hitman: The delay of an Pre-Order Offer to kill for won´t kill us.
    I wait for the fun, i am going to have afterwards. I will be even better, because of all the excitement growing in us ^^

Even though I already downloaded Sniper Challenge, I'd also like to thank you Nick and all the staff for communicating with us while debugging the situation!

Shows IO's true character!

Smile Well said that man

Originally Posted by GebelTheRebel
    Even though I already downloaded Sniper Challenge, I'd also like to thank you Nick and all the staff for communicating with us while debugging the situation!

Shows IO's true character!

Lucky person cant say I am not enjoying all the hype and excitement though also well said to the guy just before.

Originally Posted by Nick@IO

Again, I'm truly sorry this is the state of things. We can see some people are in fact getting through but obviously that doesn't apply to everyone.

Nick
    Well, at least you monitor the forums and respond quickly to people's concerns/issues; top marks for that.

Hope the team get to the bottom of things quickly and I'm looking forward to popping some skulls.

Cheers Nick

Page 3 of 16 First First 123456713 ... Last