Thread: IO is being sued because of K&L2.... after 2 years of it being released. Why.

IO is being sued because of K&L2.... after 2 years of it being released. Why.

IO is being sued because of K&L2.... after 2 years of it being released. Why.

So... IO is getting sued because of K&L2... 2 years after its release. What the hell?

http://kotaku.com/5908796/kane--lync...chinese-people

What a biased news announcement. Though, one thing that's weird... this announcement suddenly got people to admit the game is actually good? Check out some of the comments! Weird. I wonder why it took people so long to admit it.

"As the Global Times pointed out, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days is set in Shanghai, and it doesn't exactly depict the city—or the Chinese people—in the best light. It doesn't depict video games in the best light either, for that matter."

That's a little mean. I really, really like Kane & Lynch 2. Ignoring all the usual problems that come with third-party shooters, this game had an amazing tone to it. It's the first game I ever played that really tried it's best to be UGLY, in a good sense. I don't know about you, but I'm *** SICK of video games that try to make the senseless slaughter look pretty and heroic. Kane & Lynch 2 breaks from that in a great way.

The characters were ugly, the town setting was ugly, the camera was ugly and it simply made me CARE to see a game where shooting people in the face isn't glorified means toward justice.

It's *** GROSS. (and there's a nice effect where the faces are censored and blurred out VHS-style when you shoot them there)

Also, Kane & Lynch 2 has the best example of painful and absolutely repulsive torture scenes ever presented in gaming. Remember the scene I'm linking above? I seriously froze up when playing it first time. It was a very powerful and refreshingly repulsive moment. No humor. No jokes. Just 2 naked guys cut all over with carpet knives, bleeding and running around Shanghai, being shot at while our hero's girlfriend has just been raped, cut to and...well, we're never actually shown the remains of her in detail. Only the blur over her mutilated body.

Not to mention the surprisingly innovative heist-based online gameplay. I would just like to say to IO Interactive, BRAVO FOR THIS GREAT GAME and I can't wait for the third one. And I don't mean Max Payne 3 .
    This guy basically pinned down everything I think about the game. Can't *** wait for the 3rd!

People are so overly sensitive it's unbelievable. Yeah, I earned the nickname "DogMan" on this board when I said that shooting dogs offends me, but I've dealt with it. Besides, it's possible to outrun them. Either that or the AI gets them
    Either way, it's one thing to express one's discontent, it's another to be a little moneyhungry c*nt about it and sue someone.

A friend of mine came over to play Dog Days a while back. He brought his girlfriend as well; she's Chinese. She thought the game looked great and was kind enough to translate the majority of the songs because I asked her to (I created a topic for it). I didn't ask her if the game's contents offended her but if it did, I'm sure she would've told me to shove those translations up my arse
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    People are so overly sensitive it's unbelievable. Yeah, I earned the nickname "DogMan" on this board when I said that shooting dogs offends me, but I've dealt with it. Besides, it's possible to outrun them. Either that or the AI gets them
    Either way, it's one thing to express one's discontent, it's another to be a little moneyhungry c*nt about it and sue someone.

A friend of mine came over to play Dog Days a while back. He brought his girlfriend as well; she's Chinese. She thought the game looked great and was kind enough to translate the majority of the songs because I asked her to (I created a topic for it). I didn't ask her if the game's contents offended her but if it did, I'm sure she would've told me to shove those translations up my arse
    You have awesome friends man. I just found the thread you were talking about, finally I'll be able to understand the music I've been listening to for 2 years. lol

Whats even worse about this is that the guy thinks this will "Teach them a lesson." How pathetic.

Thanks again for the thread btw!

You're welcome

He's in no position to teach IO a lesson when he himself cannot grasp the meaning of a disclaimer, such as the one that is shown when booting up Dog Days...

Phew, I thought this would be serious. and LOL at how 10,000 Yuan is only 1,500 dollars American; really makes the "hair wash and a shag" Glazer mention look cheap
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Reminds me of the One night in Bangkok by Hearby Head controversy.

Oh sweet 80's...

Did you guys hear about the controversy Battlefield made? Because of some vermin rat getting stabbed then chucked to the side?
    Gingers always want to become cops so they can abuse others just like they were abused themselves - Ohitspatty speaking the cold, dark truth.

I've heard about it but I don't think I've seen it. I own a pet rat myself and having said that, I don't think I want to see it but I guess the scene has been put into context? Or is it simply a gratuitous depiction of animal cruelty?

It's not like the game is all like, "Nyyyaaaaaa, stab that disease-spreading !". It kinda comes down to you or the rat, since there is a patrol of bad dudes who'll hear the rat (somehow). But the kill is just a stab and push-aside. Nothing extremely graphic

EDIT: Here's the scene in question
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

Yeah, it does disturb me but it's not gratuitous by any means. The top rated comment mentions something about PETA complaining about this, yet they apparently didn't lift a finger when other video games depicted more extreme forms of animal cruelty.
    Listen to me, lads. Eventhough it does appear that way, PETA does not speak for the majority of animal rights folks. Their role might have been of some importance at some point in time and I'm sure their heart is in the right place (mostly), most of us animal lovers don't take them seriously anymore. A more efficient organization that fights back is the Animal Liberation Front. I'm not an expert but I don't think I've ever heard them waste their valuable time complaining about depictions of animal cruelty in video games. Like me, they might find it offensive but, like me , they're smart enough to realize that those are just pixels & polygons... Besides, if video games make you want to hurt any living creature, there's something wrong with you before you started playing.
    Actually, I know the ALF fully supported a funny ps2 game named Whiplash; a game where animals break free and fight back against their captors. Gameplay. All in good taste.

Yeah, it does disturb me but it's not gratuitous by any means. The top rated comment mentions something about PETA complaining about this, yet they apparently didn't lift a finger when other video games depicted more extreme forms of animal cruelty.
    Listen to me, lads. Eventhough it does appear that way, PETA does not speak for the majority of animal rights folks. Their role might have been of some importance at some point in time and I'm sure their heart is in the right place (mostly), most of us animal lovers don't take them seriously anymore. A more efficient organization that fights back is the Animal Liberation Front. I'm not an expert but I don't think I've ever heard them waste their valuable time complaining about depictions of animal cruelty in video games. Like me, they might find it offensive but, like me , they're smart enough to realize that those are just pixels & polygons... Besides, if video games make you want to hurt any living creature, there's something wrong with you before you started playing.
    Actually, I know the ALF fully supported a funny ps2 game named Whiplash; a game where animals break free and fight back against their captors. Gameplay. All in good taste.
    For the past whatever years, rats have been seen as vermin, trash, pests...but on this very day, a hero rose from the streets, defender of dogs and all things canine, dogman became....the guardian of rats as well as dogs...some say he is dogman but we all know him as...JackGordon!
    Gingers always want to become cops so they can abuse others just like they were abused themselves - Ohitspatty speaking the cold, dark truth.

That's just what I do, man I take care of animals every day... I've got dogs, cats, fish, a rat, used to have a dwarf rabbit, spiders, hedgehogs (ok, I just give them food and water whenever they're around in my garden, which is quite often) and so on...

But really, rats are actually very social, intelligent and kind-spirited creatures. They're kind of like mini-dogs. Yeah, they can carry diseases but so can we, and many other creatures for that matter...

Spiders? Is it bad to say I've gone on a genocidal campaign against them since I was like, four? Them and all insects, really.

Aw man, you really shouldn't... You need spiders in your house. Think of them as hitmen, cleaners! If it weren't for them, your house would be full of other annoying insects.
    Still, if you really don't want them near you; don't squash them. Open a window, grab a piece of paper, try to get it on there and throw it outside (= playland to them).

Agent 47 Spiders?! Dear God, the human race is doomed!
    But yeah, I know about the sensitive web (HA!) of predator and prey, but damn if spiders can scare me better than most horror medias.

Much like other creatures, they are more afraid of you than you are of them

And, fun fact, if spiders were as big as cats the human race would be doomed indeed!

That's just what I do, man I take care of animals every day... I've got dogs, cats, fish, a rat, used to have a dwarf rabbit, spiders, hedgehogs (ok, I just give them food and water whenever they're around in my garden, which is quite often) and so on...

But really, rats are actually very social, intelligent and kind-spirited creatures. They're kind of like mini-dogs. Yeah, they can carry diseases but so can we, and many other creatures for that matter...
    Just one of the reasons why I like you, we could do with more people like you on this planet.

I agree Army of DogMen