Thread: Anyone getting steam crashes after the intro?

Anyone getting steam crashes after the intro?

Anyone getting steam crashes after the intro?

Kane & Lynch 2 has been working up until a few weeks ago for me. I'm getting this crash:

All my Kane & Lynch 2 dump files, dxdiag info, and related info is zipped up in this file:
    http://db.tt/gZPMkQNL

Steam support basically told me it was an Eidos problem and said get lost. Eidos support told me it was a Steam problem and to get lost.

Characteristics of this crash:

- Only occurs when Steam is in "online" mode. Offline play works fine.
    - Game will start up to the intro cinematic and main title screen. The minute you push enter, the screen blinks and there is a crash.
    - This may be driver related, but rolling back my drivers does not help.

Crash text:

Description
    Faulting Application Path: c:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\kane & lynch 2 - dog days\kl2.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: KL2.exe
    Application Version: 1.2.0.1
    Application Timestamp: 4c80f728
    Fault Module Name: KL2.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.2.0.1
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4c80f728
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 005b8500
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Hello? Anybody home?

What's going on here? Do you guys offer support for this game anymore?

I'm afraid not, Kent...
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    Kane & Lynch 2 has been working up until a few weeks ago for me. I'm getting this crash:

All my Kane & Lynch 2 dump files, dxdiag info, and related info is zipped up in this file:
    http://db.tt/gZPMkQNL

Steam support basically told me it was an Eidos problem and said get lost. Eidos support told me it was a Steam problem and to get lost.

Characteristics of this crash:

- Only occurs when Steam is in "online" mode. Offline play works fine.
    - Game will start up to the intro cinematic and main title screen. The minute you push enter, the screen blinks and there is a crash.
    - This may be driver related, but rolling back my drivers does not help.

Crash text:
    HI Kent,

Looking at this it appears to be an issue with steam and the game's exe

What I can recomomend is to disable punkbuster, or disable the service runninng , (if you have it installed)
    and disable your firewall on windows.

Please let me know if you know how to do this ,if not I will give detailed instructions.

Apologies if it sounds a bit direct, not sure what level you are at , so rather just ask than assume ?

Thanks
    , hope this helps

Hey snoopster, I've tried this and still can't fix the crash. To my knowledge, KL2 doesn't use punkbuster... maybe I'm wrong though.

Hello? Anyone from IOInteractive still supporting their games anymore?

Hi Kent, I am busy at the moment convincing Steam its their issue , as the game works in offline mode with out any problems , but as soon as steam hass access to the internet it crashes. I will probably get more out of brick wall at the moment , but I am pushing it , if everyone can log their problem as a seperate issue , it should fore steam to think there is a problem. I will update you on my progress

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    Hey snoopster, I've tried this and still can't fix the crash. To my knowledge, KL2 doesn't use punkbuster... maybe I'm wrong though.
    @ Kent Initially I thought it was a port been blocked by punk buster , but you are right K&l 2 doesn't use punkbuster , appologies for the incorrect information

Thanks for the update Snoopster. I'm working on Steam as well, but they haven't responded to my ticket in weeks. I'm thinking they are ignoring me.

keep me updated if you hear anything! Do you have my Steam ID? You can add me here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/darkdomino/

Hey Snoopter (and anyone else following this thread) - I've had somewhat of a development on this front. Just for fun, I verified the Kane & Lynch game files via Steam, and re-ran the setup (I had done this countless times and didn't expect it to work, but I was like what the hell...)

anyway, I set all settings to low.... no shadows, no AA, no AF, in the native 1920x1080 resolution with vsync. I fired up Kane & Lynch and suprisingly it works now. I'm not getting any crashes and was able to play online co-op last night with a friend.

anyway, I'm trying to reproduce my steps as to what I did to fix this. I'm not entire sure what happened, but Kane & Lynch 2 does work now.

HI Kent, thanks for that will give it a try tongiht , I have got written confirmatiion from steam achknowleding it is an error and the are investigating it , I will add you tonight if that is ok

Hope we get all this sorted I am keen to play it

well if anyone is still here, i just like to point out that im having the same problems as well. game crashes after logo intro but works fine offline.

if anyone has any news regarding this problem, please post! i still want to play this game.

I've tried KL2 on three different systems, one of which had a brand-spanking new install of Windows 8.... same result, everytime. The game crashes after you hit "enter" after the intro.

The game is effectively broken for a majority of PC players, and I have been told by the IOInteractive community manager that the dev team responsible for KL2 has long since been reassigned to different projects and couldn't fix this even if they wanted to do something about it (which they don't)

It sucks that I can't play KL2 on my laptop, but I've really played that game to death anyway... same with the first game. I guess I'll just wait for Kane & Lynch 3... If you look at Hitman: Absolution and Tomb Raider, both games are very stable on Steam and run perfectly. Hopefully Kane & Lynch 3 will follow suit.