Thread: Problems with the Clock in SR1

Question Problems with the Clock in SR1

I am playing Soul Reaver 1 on PC and I can not seem to figure out the clock part. I read the walk-through and I put the clock hands on the right place but the floor doesn't open and I can not get into the lenses room to adjust the lenses. This is kind of hindering to being able to move farther in the game. Can someone please help me? is there a patch that fixes this if is a glitch? Something i need to do other than move the clock hands?

Morrighana, first, while we welcome you to the board and are willing to help your problem, please refrain from posting about your issues in duplicate threads, and in general, have a little patience. Our members will happen along and answer you when they can. This is the proper section to post about this, not outside of this forum, also.

With that said, to your problem: The hour hand of the clock needs to be set to the "12" position, so pointing directly upward. The minute hand (shorter one) needs to be pointing to the "6" position, so directly downward. You essentially create a beam of light from above to below and a cutscene will trigger.

Have you done this and it still is not working?

Yes I have. I apologize I've just been so frustrated and so badly want to continue in the game.

I am afraid I am going to have to reinstall the game which will suck being so far

I know how frustrating that can be. So, the cutscene showing the floor opening up does not play after you set the hands? The floor only directly under the beam will open, so dropping through that hole with the beam of light is supposed to get you down to the room with the mirror and the colored blocks/lenses.

Let's make this easier and do this:

At the 2:06 mark on shows what to do. So, if none of that is happening, the only other thing I can suggest is to restart from a save, or restart the game entirely. I hope, though, maybe something in the video was just missed.

I think I am going to have to restart the whole game and hope it works I had restarted from the last save I restarted from the WHole level over again. That bottom will not open up. I have checked without having the cut scene play. I was hoping maybe there was a fixable glitch. I'm so afraid if I restart the game it wont open. This is pretty far part to start from the beginning again just to have it not work. I am egar to get through the rest of the series. Its my first time playing this series. I found LOK looking for games similar to VtM.(Vampire the Masquerade)

I restarted the game and it still didn't work. Went through the whole game and the floor still didn't open or the cut scene start. I did everything exactly how I was suppose to as well. I don't know what to do. I can't finish the game. All the other cut scenes work fine its just that one. I tried to find a cheat that would activate all the portals but I could only find that cheat for PSP nor could I figure out how to use a cheat. All the walkthroughs said to just hit escape then the code but escape just takes you to the main menu. I hate using cheats but i figured since I can't open the floor maybe I could port to the next portal after the floor scene and back track or just continue on but I can't get any of the cheats to work nor find the code for that particular cheat.

So I was going to continue on with the series only to find my video card sucks and the next game, Soul Reaver 2 (that is the next one in the series correct?) wont run.

So for now my Legacy of Kain experience ends at Soul Reaver, the clock room.

This is probably a dumb question, but are you sure you don't have the two hands of the clock reversed? IE 180 degrees from where they're supposed to be? I've never heard of an actual glitch with this puzzle.
    Legacy of Kain: The Lost Worlds
    http://www.thelostworlds.net/

Morrighana: Are you stuck at the room with Moebius´s statue? Make sure you hold the square button down, not just keep pressing it, otherwise it won´t work. Just hold down square for the first lever, until a cutscene initiates, then do the same for the second lever.

Yes I am sure. I also tried it reversing the hands and trying it both ways to be sure. I have even restarted from the last saved point and done that. I have tried the hands in various ways other than just the correct way , though always starting with the correct position as soon as I got there. Nothing works. The floor just wont open the cut scene wont start.

I don't have a square button. I am playing it on a PC so I have no idea what the square button is converted to key board.

now that´s really weird... which SR version are you playing?
    EDIT: aha, so it´s a pc version. okay, hold down the attack button (default A if I remember) then adjust the clock to show 6 o´clock.

the only other thing I can think of is to lower Raziel´s Z amount manually through WinHack to move him to the floor beneath (I don´t remember if the debug menu is possible to do this too).

Razel's Z amount?

Raina is referring to this type of hacking. I'm not sure that will work, because you can't adjust the Z-position to travel through "doors" (Raziel will just fall through the world and end up back where he started), and I think that includes the hole in the floor.

However, you could modify the load parameters to start you (when you load your saved game) in the room under that puzzle. I think it would be oracle 13 (in place of skinnr 18 in that article I linked to above), but that puzzle may not work if the clock puzzle is incomplete, so you may want to use oracle 15 instead.

If you don't really want to learn how to hack the game, email me your savegame file (PM me for my address) and I'll send you one that's past that point in the game.

you can edit Raziel´s position in the world - X,Y,Z axis - through winhack.

As Ben already replied, Raziel might fall through the floor unless Raziel crosses the trigger for the next area while falling, which might be possible. The easiest solution is savegame, just as ben suggested.

I have reloaded from the last saved game. I reloaded the whole game and went through it a second time. Nothing seems to work unless I can figure out how to do something to make him fall through manually or with a cheat that would open the portal or something. Since I am on PC , I use a keyboard and do not know what the play station controls are on the keyboard I also don't think the same codes work on PC for any cheats or programming.

The other solution can be to use a SR1 trainer and enable all warpgates, then you can reach Kain at least. You can find cheats here but none of them activates the warpgates though.

Morrighana, if you email me your savegame file (PM me for my address), I'll make you a version that should let you get past where you are stuck.

I got a new video card to play DDO and tried Legacy of Kain just to see and it WORKED! All the other cut scenes worked so I didn't think that would be the reason but now that I have the new video card in and tried it the cut scene happened and the floor opened!

I put in a 512 mb video card for DDO and the side effect was soul reaver worked.

cool to hear it worked. huh, you changed a video card? that is a strange issue... was the game running slow on your pc? maybe that´s why the cutscene was not initiated or something...

That is amazing. You've got to love computers, eh? Sometimes things happen that defy all logic. I'm glad you've finally gotten past that part

It's quite possibly some sort of the problem with the ingame video rendering, but if there was no problems before in the previous cutscenes why would there be a problem with the clock part?!

In the Dreamcast version I had some glitches like infinite green black-hole and the last room videos could never be played, but never experienced anything like it on the PC.