Thread: Deus Ex: Human Revolution comes to the Mac

Deus Ex: Human Revolution comes to the Mac

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander

Deus Ex: Human Revolution comes to the Mac

Square Enix is preparing Deus Ex: Human Revolution for an April 26 launch on Mac, finally bringing raspy cyber-puncher Adam Jensen to the platform.

The Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Ultimate Edition" contains the retail game along with the Missing Link DLC, and the Mission and Tactical Enhancement packs. In addition to those perks, the Ultimate Edition also comes with the soundtrack, an art book, a making-of documentary, motion comic, animated storyboard and CGI trailer.

In other words, it's the "Augmented Edition" with the Missing Link DLC
    Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/04/de...c-on-april-26/

___

UPDATE: JULY 2012

DXHR WINS APPLE DESIGN AWARD

The Mac version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, released last April, was honored with a 2012 Apple Design Award at last week's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC). The Apple Design Awards celebrate the very best in design, innovation, and technology adoption in iOS and OS X apps.

Published for the Mac by Feral Interactive, Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition was praised for "its compelling game play, fantastic graphics, and enormous environments that immerse the player in a fantastic sci-fi world." In announcing its decision, Apple stated that the game pushes the limits of OpenGL, which allows programmers to communicate with graphics hardware. As explained in the announcement, "Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition leverages advanced shader techniques to deliver high-dynamic range lighting effects, and Open AL (Open Audio Library) to deliver rich and complex audio soundscapes. It is one of the newest and most impressive AAA games on the Mac App Store."

Feral Interactive is a leading publisher of games for the Macintosh platform, founded in 1996 and based in London, England. Aside from porting DXHR to the Mac, it is responsible for such Macintosh hits as BioShock 2, Tropico 3: Gold Edition, Mafia II: Director’s Cut, Batman: Arkham Asylum, LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, DiRT 2, Borderlands and Rome: Total War Gold Edition.

http://www.eidosmontreal.com/news/DX...e-Design-Award

I expect crickets.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Good stuff.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

Should've gone for maximum shock and announced a linux release :P Is the art book the same small one from the AE?
    Originally Posted by MrFoxter
    Reading news about DX:HR is like watching a soap opera. My daily amount of emotions has been exceeded.

Any limtation as to the type of Mac on which the game can be run is kown yet?
    "The Essence of Balance is Detachment"
    Glyph07

Obviously it will not run on a Lisa and i am willing to bet it will not run on a Lisa 2 either.

Eidos hear us! Why no Lisa love?

These Macs are augmented.
    "It would appear to be severe head trauma." ... "From what?"
    "Multiple Face-Palming..."

They'll probably overheat from massive bad-assery.
    "I'm looking for Tracer's Thong"... "What?"
    "Nevermind"

Looks more like the limited edition without the fancy box and Adam figurine.

Nice new trailer promoting it.
    Vince: "Don't talk, or we'll feed you to the karkians!"

Unhappy Why not Steam?

I haven't completed the game yet, because I was force to move to Mac before I could make it… I saw on Wikipedia that the game will be Mac-capable in Spring, 2012, and I was soooooo happy. But now…:-(

Well, I am not a mac user myself but am certainly happy for those who are. Now more people can enjoy this awesome game.

Too bad Stevey Jobs fell six fight under before playing this game.

Oh please, I really want to go on my way to Singapore (as well as Pacifist and Foxiest of the Hounds!) on Mac! The progress is stored on Steam Cloud and I don't want to play the whole game non-kill once more. So please get the Mac version on Steam.

Good for the MAC. MAC gamers just got a great game to play.

It's nice that they get these bonuses, can PC users expect to get these as well? It's not like we can buy those stuff separately anyway.

Hi !
    Is there Cheats & codes on mac ?
    (i know it's bad but i like to play with)
    Thx

I'm sure there are reasons why folks are into PC games, but I can't seem to grasp the 15-17 inch screen of a laptop or PC to a big screen TV. Especially being able to experience DX and other games on a 50 or bigger HDTV via game console. I tried PC games and multi-players, and I'm sure it is debatable, but there is no better experience than playing games like DX on a big screen HDTV. Will there ever be an ultimate edition made into disc for consoles. I'm so itching to play the Missing Link DLC, but still not going to PC. I'm sure anybody reading this probably are saying to download from the online store to the game console. Oh yeah, I have a PS3 and enjoying the heck out of it and ML is available from the online store, but whatever the bad glitch is, it is not working. SO, I'm hoping sometimes soon in the near distant future, there would be an ultimate edition disc for console game..