Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: And again, a new rumour...

Quote Originally Posted by Linikratyo View Post
    Yes and that one is only 2 months old. So unless they decided to start the project a few weeks ago it seems unlikely that the rumour is true.
    Exactly, Linikratyo. All those sites are just passing the info from vg, so I still think it might be fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampmaster View Post
    Do you mean started the rumour? They must think you're pretty reliable for it to have spread this quickly.

I just let the people know, I'm pretty sure that they(most of them) can read, know what a rumor is, and the definition of it, browse the web for a little more information. It's up to them how they want to handle it.

I'm not getting my hopes up that this is real, but I think that most of you are over reacting. Just think about it, do you really think that they'd make a direct sequel to game that came out about eight years ago? I really think it's pointless to hope for a direct sequel to Defiance, and that a reboot is the best hope we've got. I'm hoping that if it's true that they keep the mythos established in Blood Omen and even more, keep the feeling that Soul Reaver had. I'm really dreading it turning into some God of War clone. That lonely feeling in Soul Reaver was one of the reasons it was so effective I think. If there were a sequel, I'm really hoping it wouldn't turn Soul Reaver into an action game. The puzzle aspects of it were the best I'd say. Remember that every fight with a Vampire was practically a puzzle if you didn't have the Soul Reaver out or any spells.
    But like I said, I really doubt there's anything to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazielim View Post
    This is kind of my point, for the last few years, all the info has been based on these small "anonymous sources" (which very much seem to be small gaming sites that just want attention and readership) which the larger sites pick up on and cover, just in case they've missed something (hell, I generally do the same for LoK rumours on the wiki). Don't forget that last years false E3 2011 rumour got onto the official PS3 Online magazine. It can be a very slippery slope to false rumours if no-one checks facts.
    You're making a big assumption there, of course: that all of those rumours were false. What if all of them were true, and the result was always that the games were cancelled before their official announcement?

Legacy of Kain: The Lost Worlds
    http://www.thelostworlds.net/

Ever get the feeling that perhaps Eidos and CD are simply fishing for interest?

Saw a link to the rumor on gametrailers and rushed here.

Its odd how we have this same rumor every couple of years. But I can still hope.

And leazy, if they are fishing for interest, they may just have it. Ian Livingstone has also said that LoK is one of two series he wanted revived as well. Let alone who knows what project they brought Cory Balrog on for.

As to the game, its not like a retelling/reboot isn't to dissimilar to an enhanced remake everyone has been clamoring for since HD remakes run rampant right now. It could be a great way to kickstart the series back off after so long and let a new lead writing crew to start off on the right foot, and let them explore the huge backstory they are still sitting on.

Its not like with games such as Darksiders or Kingdoms of Amalur that we haven't seen a big push for more similar games. When I played those I though Zelda/Soul Reaver and Blood Omen with elves anyways.

As to redesigns, I would have no problem with modernised designs. Take the classic ideas and update it for current hardware. What we saw was all a generation back in technology. So get a good art crew together and it could be a boon for us all.

I would still want Kain/Raziel to both be playable. I want a vast open world. And I want Kurt Harland music. Also throw in Simon Templeman and I'm happy.

We still need a new Gex. Maybe we should all campaign for that at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by TombReaver View Post
    Naturally, as a rumour, it's to be taken with a pinch of salt. But suppose you throw a coin enough times... suppose one day, it lands on its edge.

That's a lot of chat, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by leazy View Post
    Ever get the feeling that perhaps Eidos and CD are simply fishing for interest?
    I think this is most likely the case.

Welcome to this year's anual "Bobbing for LoK Fans!" with your host: The Internet!

I just don't want the new art direction to turn our beloved Soul Reaver into something like this:

Worst nightmare become true....

(Sorry couldn't resist to do it haha)

LOL BER!!!
    that pic is awesome!!

but wait there is also
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

omg Ber, that´s hilarious xD yeah I hope they won´t go in that direction...

Quote Originally Posted by TombReaver
    There is another part of me which is cynically asserting that this is Square Enix responding to Blood Omnicide.
    Yeah. This is the thing about which we told on russian forums, - may be creating Blood Omnicide cause such effect on Square Enix.
    + Blood Omen is Silicon Knights's project, not Eidos.
    So, if Square Enix will reboot for SR1 (HD-modeles like in SR2 or Defiance, bink-support instead of older video realization, some things with sound) - it will be very good idea (with minimum efforts).

Quote Originally Posted by L_Master562
    As to redesigns, I would have no problem with modernised designs. Take the classic ideas and update it for current hardware.
    +1.
    Support of LOK-games is the duty of Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics.

nice one Ber

Quote Originally Posted by Ber View Post
    I just don't want the new art direction to turn our beloved Soul Reaver into something like this:

Oh no, I hope not. LoK's art direction was perfect, perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by blincoln View Post
    You're making a big assumption there, of course: that all of those rumours were false. What if all of them were true, and the result was always that the games were cancelled before their official announcement?
    No bigger than the assumption the rumours are all true
    Nah, honestly Fair point - I suppose if Dark Prophecy shows us nothing, it's that we might not know about it for a while afterwards and I suppose absolute best case scenario would be "we've been doing bits when we could since Defiance finished" or something; it's just that we've all been bitten by these rumours and hopes that lead to nothing before (many times) and I'll not be getting carried away until we have an official announcement.

I'm liking the 'bobbing for LoK fans' sentiments though - particularly since last year, it does feel a bit like it's 'being fed' to see how we react.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

I for 1 AM Not doubting a remake of a LoK BO1 or SR1 are in progress since both are equally the best of the series.
    ALL the voice, music, locations, & plot are already done, all you need is a great team @ work with a modern game engine & Voila we have a remake in record time.
    If they change the look of the game it would most likely be for the better with a "darker/more evil" like character & or environment.(kinda like batman dark knight)
    i doubt the plot/story would be changed other then maybe add a few new area locations.
    Right now this rumour is free advertising.

Some 1 pointed out that it would be a 15yr Anniversary if it comes out & since CD did a great job with Tomb Raider: Anniversary why would it be so surprising with a blood omen or SoulReaver Anniversary.
    I think it would be a great idea if they could remake this SR by combining SR1 & 2 into 1 huge game.
    SOOOOOOOO looking forward to more postive info & confirmation on this "remake".
    The LoK series Really REALLY Needs a remake to get new blood flowing into the veins of the series.
    So many game series have benefited from remakes being done Recently like Halo anniversary(loved it).Making a revised HD version of BO1/SR1 is a waste of effort But SR2 & Defiance could use Super HD revisions.
    I think things the remake will change is it will be Darker,added locations,more weapons & enemies.
    These things would not change the story/plot.
    Edit:
    Making a long intro vid detailing events of BO1 is a solution for preparing new comers to SR1.

Yeah, and with how things are nowadays, places like Nupraptor's Retreat would have to be downloadable content for no reason instead of just putting into the game from the beginning.

I'm not going to assume it's true, but every other rumour I've seen has either been limited to one or two sites or just been that some one from eidos said "we'd like to bring it back some day" and fans blew it out of proportion.

This time it's absolutely everywhere and started by a seemingly credible site who seem to have reason to trust their source. All we can do at the moment is wait and see and maybe probe the writer (http://www.vg247.com/staff/) for what he means by good authority. No point in asking for names, but he might at least be able to say if it's someone close to the project or someone he's never heard of.

As for a new art direction, this fan made one I saw in the tlw update might not be too bad:

http://ceco.cgsociety.org/gallery/889004

Not sure what's going on with his stomach though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulgbrtzchllha View Post
    Yeah, and with how things are nowadays, places like Nupraptor's Retreat would have to be downloadable content for no reason instead of just putting into the game from the beginning.
    That could work. If the engine's still structured in the same way, then could add placeholder portals and cover them up until the DLC is releases with the same type of togglable terrain group like I've seen in previous games. The glyphs could be DLC since they weren't essential to the plot. However I would suggest that they don't try to break it up in to too small pieces like FFXIII-2 have.

The only reason to do that at all is if there's no time to do it before release or they're waiting to see if enough people buy the game in the first place before spending money on the extra areas. Anything that's ready on the initial release date should be on the disc, unlocked and included in the price. That's goes for any game.

Oh, and don't even think about including the parasite known as multiplayer.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Quote Originally Posted by lucinvampire View Post
    Well this is an interesting rumour, I suppose we’ll have to wait and see if it amounts to anything or if it is just the rumour-mill churning out yet another LoK expectation.

I would rather there not be a re-make as I think it may damage or destroy the series to some extent but it depends on how much like the original they remake it, e.g. if it is just a modernisation or if they muck around with the storyline. I suppose only time will tell but in my opinion to start half way through the series (SR) is a bad idea, surely it would be better to start at the beginning. It works though in theory from a marketing point of view I suppose and would attract new fans to the series thus bringing in revenue on something that would potentially be less work than creating a new game from scratch (I’m no expert though) but at the same time it may cause old fans to become disgruntled. Personally I would rather them finish the storyline and then if they want to make other games in the series do so, such as gap filling with maybe a Lt Raz game or something or even re-make the older games in the series then. I’m worried about them saying a “new art style” as well, it just brings to mind thoughts of cartoon style and cell shading but I’m also worried they will change the series from action-adventure style game play to something else less appealing to what drew people to the series in the first place.

Mr. Milky - I thought the same thing when I read the article earlier today and automatically checked that today wasn't 1st April lol.
    you dont need to have played blood omen to be able to play and emjoy the soul reaver, soul reaver 2, bo2 and defiance though they are jst passing mentions to the first game. would be interesting if they made it like the other games instead of top down though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ber View Post

looks like a Raziel "bieber" twilight emo child
    end result of bieber hanging out with linsey lohan

Thor those who don't know, that's based on the new look for Dante in the Devil May Cry reboot. It's fairly well known example of a reboot turning out to be nothing like the original.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Quote Originally Posted by Vampmaster View Post
    It's fairly well known example of a reboot turning out to be nothing like the original.
    EXACTLY the reason WHY i DESPISE remakes...if not executed correctly like some movies have done.

"are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by majinkura View Post
    EXACTLY the reason WHY i DESPISE remakes...if not executed correctly like some movies have done.

DMC is not a remake. It's a reboot.
    I wouldn't mind a BO1 or SR remake (under certain conditions of course). But a reboot is asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoks View Post
    DMC is not a remake. It's a reboot.
    I wouldn't mind a BO1 or SR remake (under certain conditions of course). But a reboot is asking for trouble.
    There have been a few great reboots that acknowledge the previous installments before it but start a new timeline. Like Mortal Kombat and Star Trek.

I´ve checked the SR reboot phrase through google and it gives over 20 pages of different sites all informing about it... seems like every site commented on this. Maybe it will be an indication for SE that LOK is far from dead in the fanbase.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast