Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: And again, a new rumour...

And again, a new rumour...

Nothing better than start the spring with another rumour haha!

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/20/rumo...omment-page-1/

Rumour

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/20/rumo...reaver-reboot/

"Details are anorexic, but our source has claimed the game is a full reworking of the vampire action classic, and includes a new art direction."

I hope this news is true, though I remember that CD denied working on a new LoK game a while ago.

I am a little worried though about the new art style, I also hoped to see an end first before the reboot

New Soul Raver game in the make

Haven't posted since 2004...

http://uk.games.ign.com/articles/122/1221161p1.html

frontpage IGN news!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Heh, it's already hit IGN now. Fun to see the entire internet getting carried away again.

A new art direction? Sounds dangerous. This could either work out or could end up similar to DMC5. I would rather see a part 6, though maybe this would help to get some popularity returned to the series. IMO Soul Reaver is the game that is in the greatest need for a reboot, so knowing that might be the case pleases me.

Still taking this with a grain of salt though

A reboot? Why the hell would you make a reboot instead of finishing the series? That would make no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Teldar View Post
    A reboot? Why the hell would you make a reboot instead of finishing the series? That would make no sense whatsoever.
    To us it makes no sense, but for Eidos, they are probably thinking the game is so old, and they need to introduce it to new players, it been 10 years since defaince or something, so they will just reboot it like they did with Tomb Raider

A bad decision non the less.

I'll write more in some 3-4 days (unfortunately I don't have the time right now).
    Good news - it's just a rumour. And not really a believable one (CD is already working on 2 projects).
    Bad news - if it's true, it's the worst solution possible.

A reboot?

Honestly, I am not sure how to feel about this. I can understand why, as Sam_Kain pointed it out already the reasons. But I also understand why it's such a bad decision right now. The series hasn't been resolved yet and there's still questions lingering that needs to be fully resolved....

Hey everyone havent posted in awhile not that anyone remembers me 0_o but I have some amazing news crystal dynamics is rebooting the legacy of kain series here is the link http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...stal-dynamics/

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoks View Post
    I'll write more in some 3-4 days (unfortunately I don't have the time right now).
    Good news - it's just a rumour. And not really a believable one (CD is already working on 2 projects).
    Bad news - if it's true, it's the worst solution possible.
    Exactly. The last thing I want is a reboot. They could do what was done with Prince of Persia. It was rebooted, but then they made that Forgotten Sands game that tied in with the prior trilogy. I wouldn't mind if they rebooted Kain if they went back and made a game that finished off the series after Defiance.

Quote Originally Posted by KainFanatic192 View Post
    A reboot?

Honestly, I am not sure how to feel about this. I can understand why, as Sam_Kain pointed it out already the reasons. But I also understand why it's such a bad decision right now. The series hasn't been resolved yet and there's still questions lingering that needs to be fully resolved....
    TBH that's not just my fears, the whole thing about changing the art style, and being a reboot, we may end up with a very different story with new characters or something.

I really don't care if it's a reboot. I just want it regardless of what it is!

It's Raziel, after-all, the most badass character in any game ever made. I rest my case and I just hope that this isn't some premade April joke that's going to be "revealed" at April the 1st.

As much as I DON'T like to get away from the original and all we do know that there's a ton of free material to be placed into the universe of LoK. THE GOOD THING, it's actually something to THINK about at least. And above else I really doubt that pessimism will work here.

Hontoni, I mean, really I can't wait to get my hands on new LoK game. Even if it's a reboot and even if the art style will be kind of different, I really don't care. i just hope that Raziel looks as half as good as Tryndamere from League of LEgends and I'll be satisfied

Ok, note to all:

I've moved all relevant posts regarding this rumor here to this thread. We don't need discussions of this in multiple threads happening all over the forum. Please continue anything relevant to this discussion here. Thanks

Well this is an interesting rumour, I suppose we’ll have to wait and see if it amounts to anything or if it is just the rumour-mill churning out yet another LoK expectation.

I would rather there not be a re-make as I think it may damage or destroy the series to some extent but it depends on how much like the original they remake it, e.g. if it is just a modernisation or if they muck around with the storyline. I suppose only time will tell but in my opinion to start half way through the series (SR) is a bad idea, surely it would be better to start at the beginning. It works though in theory from a marketing point of view I suppose and would attract new fans to the series thus bringing in revenue on something that would potentially be less work than creating a new game from scratch (I’m no expert though) but at the same time it may cause old fans to become disgruntled. Personally I would rather them finish the storyline and then if they want to make other games in the series do so, such as gap filling with maybe a Lt Raz game or something or even re-make the older games in the series then. I’m worried about them saying a “new art style” as well, it just brings to mind thoughts of cartoon style and cell shading but I’m also worried they will change the series from action-adventure style game play to something else less appealing to what drew people to the series in the first place.

Mr. Milky - I thought the same thing when I read the article earlier today and automatically checked that today wasn't 1st April lol.

it may cause old fans to become disgruntled
    This. Now, I'm considering myself to be a very old fan and all, but I personally DON'T CARE I just want a new lok title to see the daylight!

As for the story to "end" i don't want it to end

OMG IM SO EXCITED how about you guys ?

I can honestly see this rumor as genuine news because IGN generally doesn't post rumors and have it end up being false. I would appreciate a reboot, continuation, anything from the LoK series. And I'm sure this could be the beginning of a trilogy like most games nowadays. And reboot or not, it'd be awesome for this "trilogy" to end this new direction as well as the old series. Like have new Kain meet old Kain or whatever. Besides, each new entry's kind of a reboot anyways cuz the timeline keeps changing.

I don't want the trilogy, i want 15 more games. And it would suck if it was a trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    This. Now, I'm considering myself to be a very old fan and all, but I personally DON'T CARE I just want a new lok title to see the daylight!

As for the story to "end" i don't want it to end

By that I meant if the storyline was re-written from what has already been shown in the series or the game is turned into something else entirely.

I NEVER want the series to end but if Eidos/CD said you can have one more game and you were given the option of either a re-boot or an ending I'd personally take the ending any day, but that's just me.

LoK is forever in my eyes and I would love to play a new game in the series, but I'm just a little afraid of what might happen. I suppose I should have more faith in CD when have they ever let us down lol.

I'm pretty much sure that now isn't time to be pessimistic. That's my point. At least enjoy euphoria.

Quote Originally Posted by Topherous86 View Post
    I can honestly see this rumor as genuine news because IGN generally doesn't post rumors and have it end up being false.
    They repost some things that turn out false, including (up until this point and time, anyway), the possible vote to name the next LoK that was rumored to happen a year, or two, ago. They just posted a few times, as did most sources, about Valve's supposed console hardware they were working on, until Valve said to all, nope. Sorry; we're not working on that.

It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Razieltheavenger View Post
    OMG IM SO EXCITED how about you guys ?
    Mildly annoyed, on a tentative basis.

sorry if i annoyed you 0_0 im just hoping this turns out to be true idc if its a reboot i just want to play a new lok Lol

Don't forget that the former director of the God of War saga recently joined Crystal Dynamics team.... could this be related?

More info in this link: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/02/go...stal-dynamics/

What do you reckon???

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast