Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy 10th Anniversary to The Lost Worlds!

Thumbs Up Happy 10th Anniversary to The Lost Worlds!

Happy 10th Anniversary to The Lost Worlds! To Blincoln, we thank you for a great decade filled with LOK goodies and wish you well for many more!
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Thank you, Umah . And thanks also to all of the people who contributed to the new material I posted for the event. I tried to include at least one thing for just about everyone.
    Legacy of Kain: The Lost Worlds
    http://www.thelostworlds.net/

I wrote a little thank-you already over here.

All of the new content is just so incredible. I'm especially grateful for the BO1 scripts - they make sense of an awful lot of things.

Thank you, Corlagon!

I especially liked this line:

"further evidence that not even the series' developers know how to properly spell Anarcrothe's name"

I'm glad the scripts seem to have gone over well. Hopefully the person who gave them to me so long ago doesn't mind that I've set them free.

I'd actually forgotten that those scripts count as the only available confirmation that Malek's Bastion was supposed to be destroyed. When I visited Crystal Dynamics in 2002, I got a chance to look through the storyboards for Blood Omen, and one of them depicted Kain's exit via the "dust chute" mentioned in the script as the Bastion exploded in the background.

It's probably the memory getting fuzzy due to the length of time, but I remember it looking sort of like an advertisement for the most exciting waterslide park ever .

And my congratulations too! :yes:
    Support of LOK-games is the duty of Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics.

Congratulations, blincoln Thanks for continuing things for all of this time and all of the updates, all of the hard work in finding out the amazing cut/hidden/behind-the-scene stuff that would otherwise have been lost to the ether. Great work, as always

Thank you both .

Happy anniversary!
    I really appreciate all the hard work you've put into the site. It's really a great library. I hope to see a 20th anniversary 10 years from now .

Awesome work I don't think I could put it better than Corlagon did - the contribution The Lost Worlds has made to the LoK community over the years simply cannot be overestimated. It's been invaluable to drives to improve the wiki and I'm sure the same goes for many other fan projects - without the know-how from TLW we'd all be lost
    Happy Anniversary and long may it continue
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Yep! Indeed congratulations and thank you for this amazing page!!!

It was amongst the first LoK websites I have ever visited!

Again! thank you very much Blincoln!

Congratulations on the anniversary…lets hope there’s lots of updates to come (hint hint). Keep up the good work Blinc!

Wow, it seems like just yesterday.

I remember back when it started with the old design, before the tons of major information and interviews cropped up. The site has cetainly come a long way. Congrats Blincoln.

Wow! Talk about names I haven't seen in years!

Thank you all again .

Quote Originally Posted by blincoln View Post
    I'd actually forgotten that those scripts count as the only available confirmation that Malek's Bastion was supposed to be destroyed.
    The BO1 strategy guide mentions that Malek was trying to destroy the Bastion with his 'wall of destructive energy' attack, but there's nothing in that to say if he succeeded. The "dust chute" escape sounds more fun than a teleporter!

Thanks Ben, for The Lost Worlds, and for all the work you've put into it over the years. It's a fantastic resource for all LoK fans and has probably done more than any other to keep our interest in the series fresh after all this time: there's always something new to discover about our favourite games! Congratulations on reaching ten years, and best wishes for the future.

Thanks also to Divine Shadow, for contributing so much to The Lost Worlds for its anniversary update.

[Goes away to do a lot of reading on TLW]

I can't tell all of you how much it means to me to see posts from such a broad range of new and familiar faces from over the years.

If someone had told me back in 2002 that people from countries as diverse as the UK, Japan, Russia, Brazil, and even Iraq would eventually be interested in what I was trying to do, there's no way I would have believed them .

I can´t believe its already been ten years! I remember my fascination with the site when I first discovered it years ago and read every article there is I´m always looking for a new update on your site, Ben. Congratulations!

EDIT: whoa, just checked the new Dark Prophecy section, it´s awesome! Cool that you think Kain met most probably the Seer at the Pillars, just like in the comic by me and Jake
    Theories by Divine Shadow are pretty interesting, though those screenshots from DP are from a game in its early state and contain lots of placeholder objects, so it is really hard to determine how would they look like in their finished state.

http://www.thelostworlds.net/TDP/Ima...notated-04.JPG
    on this picture, you can see clearly that the image above the door is not a "horned demon" but a regular Sarafan symbol, which makes sense, since it was inhabited by Malek before.

Anyway, great job!

congratulations TLW

Love the new DP post btw

Congratulations BLincoln. Your site was one of the first Legacy of Kain sites I found when I started looking, and it's still one of the best. I'm really enjoying the new stuff, still making my way through the Dark Prophecy stuff.
    Divine Shadow, I do have some comments about your interpretation of the art work. Please don't take this as me insulting you. In this picuture, you seem to think those are ladders: http://www.thelostworlds.net/TDP/Ima...notated-03.JPG But they look way too big to be ladders. You also mention the idea that Malek may have torn the hair in his plume from his servents some time after he went mad from Nupraptor's insanity, but remember that he actually still had that plume when he fought Vorador centuries ago. It always seemed likely to me that the hair was from Vampire victums. I do have some little nitpicks like that, but overall I think that so far you've done a wonderful job piecing this stuff together.

Just wondering. Are there any plans for articles about the things that got deleted from Defiance (like the wolf and beast forms)?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulgbrtzchllha View Post
    Divine Shadow, I do have some comments about your interpretation of the art work. Please don't take this as me insulting you. In this picuture, you seem to think those are ladders: http://www.thelostworlds.net/TDP/Ima...notated-03.JPG But they look way too big to be ladders. You also mention the idea that Malek may have torn the hair in his plume from his servents some time after he went mad from Nupraptor's insanity, but remember that he actually still had that plume when he fought Vorador centuries ago. It always seemed likely to me that the hair was from Vampire victums. I do have some little nitpicks like that, but overall I think that so far you've done a wonderful job piecing this stuff together.
    good points

Just used the blood omen patch.

Getting Blood Omen running in Vista makes me feel giddy. The guide on TLW had the info to get it running. I was actually refurbishing my old pc to play old dos and pc games, and this is great until parts arive. Bo1 has a lot more demonic statues all over then I remembered.

How are you liking the no load times and real full screen ability? It finally plays like a game, not like a chopped up one on every other platform

The music and action: seamless and uninterrupted. It's a dream come true.

Honestly....

I had that all on my old Windows 98 pc. Its just nice being able to finally use it again. I had the PC one before I got the PsX versions. I admit, it kinda spoiled me from the other version. And now that its out on PsN I've heard that they haven't improved the playstation load times at all.

Well, before the patches existed, I had it on PC too and it still had the same load times as on PS1 (always annoying) and it wasn't possible to truly full screen it (black background all around the somewhat bigger window, but that was it). Because of the fans, like wrace and vampmaster, we on PC get the nice exclusive no load time goodness. The patches to get this to happen came about within the last 3-4 years and aren't an official company release. CD doesn't own the rights anyway to the original Blood Omen, I don't believe, so they and Eidos wouldn't be able to update it. So, you can only expect a direct port of the original PSX game on PSN.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    CD doesn't own the rights anyway to the original Blood Omen, I don't believe, so they and Eidos wouldn't be able to update it.
    I'm pretty confident they still own the rights, but I don't think any of their developers are chomping at the bit to try making changes to code that's getting close to two decades old .

Even if the source code is easily accessible, it may be one of those cases where in order to get it to compile (without making even more changes), they'd have to track down an old copy of Visual Studio 4 (or whatever Borland version was current back then, if they used that), and build a Windows 95 or 98 PC to run it on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast