Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Diana: Dead or Alive?

Diana: Dead or Alive?

Originally Posted by theillusiveman0
    No thats probably a given but I think the question is more along the lines of why would the developers kill her off. I mean there going for a more personal story so why kill off the one person that knows a lot about 47 and thats been around since the begining. I could understand if it was toward the middle of the game but hell she was dead in the first trailer!
    Yes they showed her death in the first trailer, but if IO hasn't stated how far throughout the game the trailer take place, she might actually die halfway through the game.

Originally Posted by theillusiveman0
    No thats probably a given but I think the question is more along the lines of why would the developers kill her off. I mean there going for a more personal story so why kill off the one person that knows a lot about 47 and thats been around since the begining. I could understand if it was toward the middle of the game but hell she was dead in the first trailer!
    Fair question...but I feel that a 'Personal' story can be told just as well without Diana, don't you think?

The reason why? Could be they wanted to bring the 'Cold' back into Hitman as a way to set the tone of the game. Or that they wanted to nail the entire premise with a solid personal and emotional event (for the player) in order to have a meaningful, purpose-driven story.

It's a ballsy move to bump her off...I think it may pay off.

Big Grin

omfg you guys made me register so that I could correct every single one of you... **SPOILERS BELOW**

SHE'S NOT DEAD! AT THE END OF THE GAME THAT GUY THAT IS TRACKING 47 FOR BETRAYING THE AGENCY IS LOOKING FOR DIANA TO CHECK WHETHER SHE IS ACTUALLY DEAD. BEFORE 47 KILLS HIM HE ASKS "Before you do it, tell me, is she really dead?" And he replies saying "You'll never know" BUT LATER ON IT SHOWS VICTORIA LOOKING AT HER NECKLACE AND YOU HEAR DIANA'S VOICE TALKING TO HER AND THEN FROM AFAR 47 WATCHES THROUGH THE SCOPE OF A SNIPER RIFLE AND YOU SEE DIANA IN THE BACKGROUND WEARING A TIGHT WHITE SHIRT! In case I wasn't frank enough with that previous rant, when you complete the final level you hear Diana talking to you and she says "Welcome back 47, and Thank you" Or something like that because he spared her life! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7Ty0oknYI8

I had forgotten about this thread but I'm not going to miss this chance to tell you guys: I told you so!

Pretty sure she's not dead, as I saw her take care of Victoria at the end of Absolution. Am I really the only one?
    signature image

she is alive.

The four main requirements of a modern stealth game:

Change the lead character's voice actor - Michael Ironside is no longer the voice of Sam Fisher, David Hayter is no longer the voice of Snake, and David Bateson was denied the role of Agent 47 until the backlash caused IO to bring him back.

Make the lead character go rogue - Sam Fisher has gone rogue and so has Agent 47. So much for a believable plot and top-notch story telling, let's turn them into a generic Hollywood Jason Bourne wannabes.

Lead character must kill former boss - Sam Fisher killed Irving Lambert which pretty much marked the end of the Splinter Cell franchise. Agent 47 (allegedly) killed Dianna Burnwood (I hope not but we'll see).

Must include new game features that cater to casual gamers - Sam Fisher can now see through walls with sonar vision and can now "mark and execute" which eliminates any need for shooting skills. Agent 47 can now see through walls, magically, and can use IO Interactives copycat version of "mark and execute" which (again) eliminates any need for shooting skills.

Watch the game ending.

47 is a hard charger, but every hero or badass needs a good woman in his life.

Play to the end and then watch the cut scene after he finishes the last mission. That will tell you if Diana died or not.
    A bird in the hand is... Lunch tonight.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12