Thread: "Very well, I will speak my piece plainly..." T4 Rants, Rumour & Suggestions Thread

"Very well, I will speak my piece plainly..." T4 Rants, Rumour & Suggestions Thread

I might as well say this since you (Viktoria) are about to abuse your moderator status to throw out anyone who doesn't pretty much worship EM.
    EM is deliberately antagonizing fans since they refuse to talk to them. They said they would keep fans notified about the milestones reached, etc., and they haven't. They have seen how the frustration is building and have done nothing to reduce it by COMMUNICATING any real information. This thread is the ONLY place where fans can be unhappy and you want to throw out unhappy people. Don't say you don't want to because you really do. Screw EM and screw anyone who wants to stop unhappy fans from posting. They brought this on themselves.

Originally Posted by Viktoria

Also, any posts complaining about EM will probably get deleted too. We have sent PMs about this also.
    If taffers don't like EM or don't like this forum, you don't have to visit. Its that simple.
    OK, if it is that simple, then this is my last post. A good candidate for "deleted because of complaining about Eidos customer *care*":

For four years, Eidos doesn't feel the need to provide fans with the tiniest bit of information. You say, there are reasons for this besides the NDAs - but look at the results: people (like the user 'Video' some pages ago, like others I already forgot and now like me) QUIT because of those 'reasons'. And many others ARE frustrated by the way Eidos neglects their fans (and no, that's not just a personal opion - I've been reading this forum for years. There ARE a lot of people who feel the same about Eidos information policy...well, the lack of it).

But they want us as customers. They want me to buy the game...probably as soon as it is released. But I have the choice: I waited so long and I have a busy life without Thiaf. I don't need to buy it immediately (actually, I don't have to buy it at all - MAYBE I would survive without ). So if/when the game is released, I'll thoroughly read reviews of customers (i.e. I'll read all the information that Eidos refused to give me for years). And after another year or two, when the game is available at half price, then I'll buy it.

Good-bye, forum

Originally Posted by Dragonknight
    I might as well say this since you (Viktoria) are about to abuse your moderator status to throw out anyone who doesn't pretty much worship EM.
    Originally Posted by ToughTaffer
    OK, if it is that simple, then this is my last post. A good candidate for "deleted because of complaining about Eidos customer *care*":

Mods don't abuse their status... otherwise they wouldn't be mods. Read what I said in context with other posts so far in this thread.
    Constructive complaints have always been accepted (read this thread)... but ridiculous and repetitive rants/complaints based on speculative nonsense are pointless and not welcome and violate the ToU.

EDIT
    To further clarify some relevant points.

There is only really one sensible, truthful and fair complaint/rant being said that we all agree upon, and that is the lack of news.

EM got the message and have already responded to this - see first page of this thread, and others on the forum.
    We might not understand/agree with their reasons for the long silence, but they are obviously following a preset plan... as explained many times before.
    So, short of having to read repetitive complaints, and mods having to post repetitive answers, it makes more sense to delete these posts to avoid going around in circles.

Actually, imho, it makes more sense to close this thread as it has run its course. There is no other valid question we can ask and no other answer EM can give... for now.
    If people wish to continue complaining about the same thing, then they can always do that elsewhere.

signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

I just think that if you delet post/ban users who always complain, you will be the only member of this forum Viktoria.

EM communication is just joke, they just see community as a marketing way. It's hypocrit.
    They could create a contest of fan missions, or create a fan mission themselves to occupy fans.
    Or launch a art contest: draw a place where a thief can steal things, draw a thief with a christams theme,.......etc..... but they don't do that, because community doesn't count, the casual public is their target.

Stephane d'Astous said that "hopeffully we will be more communicative befoire the en of the year", but that was a lie since the beginning:
    It's statement just appear after this case: http://kotaku.com/5918203/thief-4-is-that-you Jun 13, 2012 4:30 PM

see: http://www.oxm.co.uk/42937/expect-mo...idos-montreal/ 18Jun 2012

It's just a way to reassure the public after the kotaku case. But they never wanted to release information this year. That was he said "hopefully", it make this announcement like an half-lie.
    they just don' change the logo, even if the whole internet is making laugh at this stupid logo "thiaf" ????? wtf,......

Don't delete this post, it's a rant thread, so it's the right place, if you want people stopping to complain, you just had'nt crate this poll.
    It's antidemocratic to close/ delete message this post because we respect the title of the thread.
    I don't speak good english, sorry. French speaker here.

Originally Posted by wdogify
    I just think that if you delet post/ban users who always complain, you will be the only member of this forum Viktoria.
    Impossible. Not everyone comes here just to rant.

There are indeed plans to launch a contest soon. We've been working on this already.
    D'astous said hopefully. That isn't a lie, it was a genuine statement of intention.
    Adam already responded about the logo.

Again, the points you bring up have already been discussed and answered. I rest my case.

signature image

There are indeed plans to launch a contest soon. We've been working on this already.
    When soon, the same "soon" that the thief news? can you be more specific? before the end of the year? In two months? three? not before june 2013?
    Just give an approximation....

I know that I've asked repeteadly but when approximatively will we have news Biskit????? I don't ask for a date precisely but an approximation: Q1 2013?, Q2 2013? not before september?

And why you didn't say that thief won't be at VGA earlier this year? Is it difficult to say "no"?
    I don't speak good english, sorry. French speaker here.

TOU Rule #14: Please use the appropriate forum for your topic.

The forums are set up to hold specific types of conversations. Please pay attention to the type of post you are making, and make sure that it belongs in that specific forum.

I'm just saying...............Uh..........this is a ranting forum.............ah.........hmmmmmmmmmmm

Viktoria: There will be a contest some day: irrelevent. Said the points have been discussed. But there was no actual useful info. Irrelevent. EM appointed a community manager. He can't do a damn thing. Only what they tell him to say. Irrelevent. Nearly everything you have said is irrelevent. There is NO USEFUL communication from EM. None.

Originally Posted by contrarian
    I'm just saying...............Uh..........this is a ranting forum.............ah.........hmmmmmmmmmmm
    No, this is the Thief 4 forum.
    This is a rant/rumour and suggestions thread.

What was your point? That this is the place to have a rant?
    Nobody said it wasn't. You miss the point again... please read back what I said.
    The issue is that the same rants are just repeated over and over and over again and they have already been answered.

Originally Posted by Dragonknight
    There is NO USEFUL communication from EM. None.
    There has been some... but not much, granted. But, again, EM have given their answer to this. Ranting about it over and over again is getting us nowhere.
    That's why I say this thread has ran its course.
    signature image

Enough of the repetitive empty threats! Close this thread!

I.....dare.....ya!

Close this thread!
    Will do... and, dare I say it, "soon"..
    signature image

No...no....no....I was just kidding.

Nooooooo. Leave it open, pretty please.

No...no....no....I was just kidding.

Nooooooo. Leave it open, pretty please.
    As explained, there appears to be no further reason to keep it open.
    Unless, of course, you like listening to a stuck record?
    signature image

Well, if you look at the # of views and replies of this thread, it is near the top of all threads for popularity when it comes to discussions.

Everything that can be talked about, has been talked about. Virtually every post on this forum, virtually every reply, every discussion, has taken place before. This entire forum is a repetition of itself. So, it is impossible to be original anymore.

That's why we're starting to get posts about other games and other developers and other publishers, etc. Even this post I am writing now has probably been written before.

Maybe this thread should be closed and another similar one started. I vote for a "Mature" thread that has mature content, that has an entirely separate set of rules. I mean, let's be real, here. Just look at the rating of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. This game that was created by Eidos Montreal contains:
    Drug Reference
    Intense Violence
    Sexual Themes
    Strong Language
    Use of Alcohol

Vik, run it by the powers that be, I am confused that I am forced to behave like I'm on a Disney website, but the owners of said website create games that cater to the 17+ crowd. I vote for a 17+ thread where we can talk about things that Eidos Montreal incorporates into their games.

Well, if you look at the # of views and replies of this thread, it is near the top of all threads for popularity when it comes to discussions.
    But only because people come back in to repeat what has already been said. That's my point.

Maybe this thread should be closed and another similar one started. I vote for a "Mature" thread that has mature content, that has an entirely separate set of rules.
    Not possible. All forums here run under the same rules and legal policy.
    Nothing to stop you creating your own website with your own rules, of course.

I am confused that I am forced to behave like I'm on a Disney website, but the owners of said website create games that cater to the 17+ crowd. I vote for a 17+ thread where we can talk about things that Eidos Montreal incorporates into their games.
    You are not forced to behave in any way other than that you agreed to when you registered on this forum. Read again the registration policy and the ToU for full understanding.

The games and the websites are different entities and thus have their own rules and legal policies.
    signature image

Bow down, Bow down to the power of Viktoria. Or be crushed, be crushed by.....her jolly boots of doom.

Just kidding Viktoria. I have to agree with you, I think this thread has run its course. And though I would love to see, hear any info, us complaining here wont change EM's master plan......assuming they have one of course.

Hehe, I chuckled at jolly boots of doom.

Yeah, no amount of further complaining is going to achieve anything now.
    signature image

EM's master plan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHwegwXwwHs

I see, time passes and more guys are defending EM behaviour. Are u hired by them?

In wich way would the use of strong language bring you closer to some T4 information or getting the actual game?

You think someone at EM will go to his boss and say:"okay they're using strong language in the rant threads now, we better hand out some information now!"?
    You really think that?

where does this madness bring You? You guys might end up with high blood pressure or worse!

EM is simply not bothering with what is going on in this forum!
    And after all, even if this is cruel or an unprofessional approach to a marketing campaing for T4... It is their good right, theyre not doing anything criminal or immoral.
    Althought iam eager to get some proper T4 information for over 3 years now as well... (and i did get at least some tiny bits of info here) i stay calm, cuz this is all that i can do at the moment.

Calm down, be happy for there is surely some information about to come within the next month / years / decades... and until that, i suggest you not to spend too many precious brain cells on posting various rants here.

D'astous said hopefully. That isn't a lie, it was a genuine statement of intention.
    Well, we don't know for sure he was being genuine or not. I don't doubt that he would like to be able to get some info released, but he still might have had zero intention of actually doing so when he made that statement.

Also, this thread should probably be left up . . I don't really see how it's run its course more than any other. It seems silly to single it out.

This thread could be shutdown sure, its going around in circles and devoid of actual Thiaf content. The same as the rest of the forum. Which is why I say shutdown the forum!

Originally Posted by Morgan Wight
    Well, we don't know for sure he was being genuine or not. I don't doubt that he would like to be able to get some info released, but he still might have had zero intention of actually doing so when he made that statement.
    Granted, we don't know for sure he was being genuine. But he never made any promises, so no reason to believe the intention wasn't genuine.

Also, this thread should probably be left up . . I don't really see how it's run its course more than any other. It seems silly to single it out.
    I've already explained... this thread is like a broken record. Nothing more can be added to content except the same thing over and over again.

Originally Posted by dda
    This thread could be shutdown sure, its going around in circles and devoid of actual Thiaf content. The same as the rest of the forum. Which is why I say shutdown the forum!
    Glad you agree this thread has indeed run its course.

The forum, however, doesn't need shutting down and for someone who frequents here on a daily basis, I'm surprised you even suggest it.
    signature image

bah humbug! I'm surprised, still, after all these years that this forum exists!

Visiting this forum is a sickness, and I got it. The cure: remove the source of the sickness!

Yes, there is no communication between EM and fans (Adam doesn't count, because he didnt give us an extra info, he migth as well never existed), so the forum is useless. Then there won't be any rants, nothing, as it should be.

Originally Posted by video
    Yes, there are no communication between EM and fans (Adam doesn't count, because he didnt give us an extra info, he migth as well never existed), so the forum is useless. Then there won't be any rants, nothing, as it should be.
    HUZZAH!

Page 65 of 66 First First ... 1555616263646566 Last